Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

• Riku

I had some apps such as Twitter, Viber, etc. in my phone but after I format the phone, I couldn't find these apps in the Market (Play Store). Why is it so? How can I get it back?

• pavithran

can i download whatsapp?!

If you upgrade it to 4.4 it's not that bad. Still quite slow but it is faster than the firmware it comes with.

secure, 18 May 2014how can i update the android version from 2.2 to 4.1You can use custome roms
But i dont reccomend you

I got that phone when I was 11 it lasted me a year then it started getting really large I wasn't able to pick up calls cuz it would just freeze so my dad bought me an xperia u that phone has lasted 2 years I don't if I should get a nexus 5 or xperia z1 compact cuz they both cost 350 euros in Ireland

Vry bd phne always hang and vry poor prrfomance

• poojan

please someone tell me how to update samsung gt-i5500. its firm version is 2.1. even i've kies also its says not available

the phone works fine with 4.2.1 android but you cant play any game with more than 15mb because it has very small amount of ram free
original rom is crap and cyanogenmod7,2 is the best performance rom for this little beast

secure, 18 May 2014how can i update the android version from 2.2 to 4.1you can't, even if you try to use custom rom. the hardware is way too low for 4.1

• A Ginger Heathen

Hand mine for 5 years now,
hands on best £40 I ever spent, A GPS MP4 mobile 3g wifi hotspot with loudspeaker full internet access and youtube. I'd have given $40 for it even if it didn't have the phone function.

Great for a cheap intro to android. sessioned users will find it a clunky with its early gen hardware but if you've never had a smartphone before, this is a great cost effective baby step.

The Galaxy 5 is the WORST phone I have ever owned.

It echos when talking, drops calls, external speaker has so much static you can't understand the caller.

Verizon and Samsung have both blamed each other while I sit with a very bad phone. On top of that they sent me a replacement which has the same issues only worse.

They have also changed out the sims card with no change in the phones working ability!

Samsung and Verizon customer service had to call me back on a land line the phone is so bad.

I complained to Verizon within 3 days of owning the phone and was put off until the 14 day return expired now they want me to put up with continuing to repair a piece of garbage! Samsung knows there is an issue with the Galaxy 5 yet continues to sell it prior to resolving the issue. They continue to say They will do a repair. I paid $500.00 for a NEW phone.

Why can't they check a NEW PHONE for these issues and if they find a good one do whats right and give me the NEW Phone I am paying for today????

Oh I know they can't find a good Galaxy 5 in they warehouse!!!

BE CAREFUL!!!!

• gill

mdhasan, 15 Jul 2013u can use the battary use service.make ur battary low and when... morenot working plz hely

• secure

how can i update the android version from 2.2 to 4.1

• Burt

You have to "Double Tap" on dialing pad. The tap will enter a number!! When an answering system answers, and you have to enter an extension number... the "double tap" enters a number.,,,giving you an incorrect extension!!
How can this "feature" be removed?

Anonymous, 11 Jun 2013Easy to use but always shuts down, i have to remove the battery ... morehi, i confirm that it shutdown and we need to remove the battery. I noticed that if wifi isn't activated, then it doesn't shutdown. My model is 5500m.

Ezzy, 08 May 2014wau!! this phone is wonderful i like it thx to samsung group....Hi , I use Galaxy 5 too. Does your Galaxy 5 lag?
Because mine does..

• Elite

Ezzy, 08 May 2014wau!! this phone is wonderful i like it thx to samsung group....Hi , I use Galaxy 5 too. Does your Galaxy 5 lag ? Because mine does..

• Ezzy

wau!! this phone is wonderful i like it thx to samsung group....

Galaxy 5 bbm ready?