Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

Samsung I5500 Galaxy 5

my partner has just bought a samsug galaxy 5 and the internet does not work on it how do we get the internet to work. Also the 3G symbol does not show up next to the reception bars plz help!!!

• hjw

madeline, 21 Jul 2011im planning to get samsung galaxy 5 and i need your advice... ca... moreThe battery's awful. I got mine a while ago and I've regretted it ever since. Battery dies every day without fail, the touchscreen is non-responsive and it has a habit of unlocking itself and phoning people in your address book. Avoid it. Save yourself the hassle.

Any one who has bought this phone or going to buy this one visit www.madteam.co

• jay

just bought one today cost me TTD $1000.00. hopefully it doesn't disappoint.it didn't come with an English manual but ill just download one.

• madeline

im planning to get samsung galaxy 5 and i need your advice... can i watch youtube...play games...good music..can i receive and send MMS to other branded phones....how long will the battery last...
thank you...

• Abhinav

Hi all,

I recently updated my phone to Froyo DXJP8 which is available in samfirmware.com for my I5503.

I notice that my compass is not pointing the exact north even after calibrating from an open space!

Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue???

Thanks in advance.

PS: I m sure that there is no problem in my hardware because it works fine in Eclair DXJG5 version.

if you update to 2.2 (froyo) you lose compass functionality.

please i need your support to ask you 2 question ??
the first question :- how to active the ussd (short code ) on the mobile?
2- how long the battry stay active?

• Abhinav

Hi all,

I have updated my phone to android 2.2 from samfirmware.com (Baseband Version I5500BVJJP7).

But i found few glitches like compass not working properly. And I couldn't receive APN settings from the service provider.

So i thought of switching to the samsung's version of FROYO.

But in KIES, the option for firmware upgrade is disabled.

Can someone help me out in switching SAMSUNG's version of FROYO???

Thanks in advance.

• tristezo2k

[deleted post]OH, and by the way, Samsung software Kies is an ugly, buggy, nonsense beast.

• Ankit Banswal

a, 18 Jul 2011My galaxy 5 doesn't work for more then 3 to 4 hours is that time... morehey........are you using android 2.1 (eclair) on your galaxy 5 then its time to update ur firmware.....from samfirmware.com.....than you got the best battery backup and some new features on ur galaxy......try it.....i am also suffer from same condition

• a

My galaxy 5 doesn't work for more then 3 to 4 hours is that time ok i use net most of the time?

• parag

what's the price?

• adi

sir i am in big troubles i want my galaxy 5 to update to 2.2 but still i cant update plz help me out of this i will be very gratefull to you ? but finally this fone sucks

• nk

Anonymous, 15 Jul 2011Bro, I have a galaxy 5. plz tell me how could I upgrade my phone... morejust update it with samsung kies..
you can download kies at samsung own webpage..
after download..install at your pc/mac and connect your phone via usb

• harsh.origin

Durba, 15 Jul 2011Plz tell me how to upgrade my galaxy5 up to android 2.2http://forum.xda-developers.com/archive/index.ph­p/t-781149.html

dwnload luyjp2 file n proceed..
after installation is cmplete
1 format the phone
2 go to settings
3 select language and keyboard option( u will be able to trace it)
4 select language of ur convinience

• someone

just connect your phone via usb cable to your computer and open kies.if the 2.2 os update is available in your region that it will show up automatically.

someone, 13 Jul 2011i bought this phone last Christmas and i must say its a wise buy... moreBro, I have a galaxy 5. plz tell me how could I upgrade my phone up to android 2.2

• ROUSEEL

cant play youtube video on my phone

• Durba