Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3

Samsung I5800 Galaxy 3

AnonD-2349, 19 Apr 2011hey... nice one yaar..:) i really didnt thought of that..:) ... moreJust clear some space in your default disk drive.. where your profiles are created.

nice one yaar..:)
i really didnt thought of that..:)

anyhow i am facing one problem updating my phone..
i have downloaded the files but when the update starts, an error pops up low disk space ( minimum 3000mb required)
i have 4 gb free in the drive where kies is installed so any guesses why this problem is coming

• Danveer

KRP, 19 Apr 2011From the market it is not available.If you try to do it through ... moreNice and easy one...:)
i really didnt thought of that..
ill update it right away and fix the swype..:)
thanks for the reply buddy...

• KRP

Danveer, 17 Apr 2011if swype is not working, try to install it from the android mark... moreFrom the market it is not available.If you try to do it through the Swype installer aplication (by registering in swypeinc.com) ,it will not update as there is already a Swype application exists which is of prebuilt binary.
So finally have to root it through the superoneclick aplication,remount the /system directory ,remove the existing swype.apk and run the swype installer application--- Boom!!!!

• Liz

I really love this phone, however I have a few issues with it... The battery life is dreadful and it's always connected to 3G even when I turn all Internet connections off, this is Probably draining the battery... It used to show me my balance after every text message and now it doesn't... The camera quality is awful... My old phOne had a 2 megapixel camera and was great, this phone is supposed tO have a 3 megapixel camera and to be blunt it looks like a 0.3 megapixel camera if that even exists... Apart from that it's a good phone, the app store is good, the text conversation layout is good :) and I would recommend it but the issues I have pointed out are very disappointing because I do not have time to charge my phone every evening...

• aravindh

Pls someone giv a clear review after updating to froyo. So tat we can decide on updating. It'll help other users a lot.
Waiting fr ur replies...

You can still silent an incoming call by pressing the volume button for 2-3 seconds..

• Danveer

sambhav, 16 Apr 2011update sucks.. u cant use swype..u cant silence an incoming cal... moreif swype is not working, try to install it from the android market and then try to use it.
i have not updated it yet so i cant be sure about this idea but it might just work

• NBS

NBS, 14 Apr 2011I was able to upgrade to Froyo successfully but seems like the p... moreSo Finally had to go to the Samsung Service Center to get it re-imaged. All the data was lost and had to pay Rs 110 for Software Updates. All the issues sorted out except that Swype is not working. The Service Center manager has said that he will get back to me with the solution by mid of next week.

Observations after the upgrade:
1) Galaxy 3 runs faster
2) GPS is getting locked without GPS Optimizer app.

Exploring more.

Note: Probably if you take directly to the service center for the upgrade it would be free of cost, they charged me because probably the upgrade didn't happen properly through Kies.

finally galaxy 3 official updated through kies in india and europe pls click link below

• Danveer

guys i would like to ask one question before i upgrade my phone.
I have rooted my phone so should i unroot it first and then do the update or should i do it right away..
Also is there any loss of data stored on phone like my games saved?
Please reply

How can i upgrade my phone

How can i upgrade my phone

• sambhav

update sucks..
u cant use swype..u cant silence an incoming call(which u earlier cud by pressing volume keys)..gallery appears to be faster bt takes too much time when u open a pic..web browsing ws better in 2.1..u cant set a blank home screen...it always resets to google..its also slower..waits for 3-4 secs after u enter address and then starts opening the site..dosent even respond at times..if u havent yet updated..pls dont..

• Ady

KRP, 16 Apr 2011Hi Vish, Thankx for the update.The upgrade you are talking abou... moreHey..the upgrade is for galaxy 3 only..gt i5801. Update kies to get the upgrade. You are using version 1.5 right now. update it to version 2 ;)

• KRP

KRP, 16 Apr 2011Hi Vish, Thankx for the update.The upgrade you are talking abou... moreSorry for my earlier posting.I was trying to update with the earlier version of Samsung Kies.Hnce this problem happened.
Now I have upgraded my firmware.But SWYPE not working!!!

• cpw ponty

does it now support flash?

• KRP

AnonD-6186, 15 Apr 2011Hey guys Just now updated G3 to froyo. Its going good so far. ... moreHi Vish,
Thankx for the update.The upgrade you are talking about is for the GT I5801 and in India?(Sorry this forum was given as 5800,Hence this query)

Mine is GT5801 and when I connect to the net and tries to do a firwae upgrade it says,JG5 Your version can not be upgraded".
Contacted the samsung service centre,but they don't have update yet!!!

• Patz51

How to update to 2.2 eclair can anyone help me please.

• mohit b

How to update it in India ????
nyways it is a descent phone .. :)