Samsung i897 Captivate

Samsung i897 Captivate

if you want gps ,wait until froyo comes out and see if that fixes it,the realllllyyyy fuccccced up on this nice phone,my omnia2 tracks perfect and locks in seconds,in buildings or outside,,,damn it this phone is nice they just neeeeed to fix the gd gps

• Christian

I am worried about the sound ..... how is the sound ... is it loud and clear ???

SFAN, 19 Oct 2010I think it's because Captivate is a CDMA phone. Maybe caller I... moreCaptivate is a GSM phone, otherwise it would not work on AT&T

SFAN, 19 Oct 2010I think it's because Captivate is a CDMA phone. Maybe caller I... moreI think you are mistaken, it is not CDTA, it is gsm

@Anon
iphone has smaller screen, slower processor and even slower GPU.

Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010 The original galaxy s copied the iphone, and now this copies t... moreThe Iphone wishes it could be a samsung thats why it user there touch technology and there processors. Just because they are both bar phones does not mean its a copy and because they didnt stick with one boring shape for everyone means they copied another phone???? The x-10 wishes as well!

TRAVIS H, 01 Oct 2010there is no flash on this device. it was the first galaxy phone ... moreMy bad. Lol! I thought you meant software flash. Yeah it has no camera flash and that sucks!

TRAVIS H, 01 Oct 2010there is no flash on this device. it was the first galaxy phone ... moreWhat are you talking about!!?? Ofcourse it has flash. I have used one my self and ask anyone here who has used or owns one.

• SFAN

HeroInHelp, 16 Oct 2010I was just reviewing Samsungs website and stumbled upon somethin... moreI think it's because Captivate is a CDMA phone.
Maybe caller ID only exist if you get it with a plan.
I'm not sure... just from my thoughts.

• HeroInHelp

HeroInHelp, 16 Oct 2010I was just reviewing Samsungs website and stumbled upon somethin... moreHave to report since gsmarena does not allow out sourcing websites:

I was just reviewing Samsungs website and stumbled upon something that disturbs me a little:

www.samsung.com, choose mobile, all phones, choose the i896, which is pretty much the i897.

Choose specs, go straight to the bottom of the page inside 'Call functions', and it says NO Caller ID? Huh?

• HeroInHelp

• raj

i dnt know y the hell price is so high just cuz of 12ghz cpu it dnt have even a secondary camera

• Cl33vin

the front design is likely to have been steal from the Nokia X6

I have been using this phone for two months and the only complain i have is from AT&T. They killed many good features embeded in android software and even after their JH7 update GPS still loses signal. I finaly found a prereleased froyo upgrade about 20 hours ago and the good news is it is working perfectly... Even the gps! And funny thing is that both usb and wifi tethering are enabled. I897UCJI6

• Suwandy Mazda Mobil

I Love This Product. I Want to Buy, If the price more than Cheaply

• sob

I have had this phone for a week Captivate. I absolutely love this phone. I had this phone out today for 7 hours and still had 75% battery left. i was talking on the phone for a little over an hour, my email checks every 15 mins and sent a few txts. I am not dropping calls and my everyone can hear me.

Recommend this phone to anyone and everyone who needs email and phone in one.

• TRAVIS H

Anonymous, 30 Sep 2010Ok, so I have this phone and wanted to take a pic of something a... morethere is no flash on this device. it was the first galaxy phone in the line up to be developed and they left it out for some odd reason. thats about the only downside to this device. if you think about it. there are a few devices that you would think for the quality and other features and camera that they would have a flash and do not , ( iphone fore example) dont understand it.

• tyyytytytyty

Del, 28 Sep 2010I have had 2 Captivate galaxy s phones within 3 weeks and am goi... moreawde sister di fudi dava de

• giuyuiyi

lun far lao babe da

• Sam

This is one amazing phone. I have used it for a week and i love it