Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4

Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4

• Scorpio

markice, 20 Dec 2013hi guys, got my new GS4 2 days ago, my battery drains quickly. p... moreDownload "Battery Doctor" from the app store and install. Follow the instructions and use it frequently. It will extend your battery by closing all apps running in the background. It is very efficient and works well. Also turn off Mobile Data and Wi-Fi when not being used. These will use up your battery very quickly (drag down the notification bar and they are both at the top. Tap on them to close).

I'm using it since release date and so far overall experience is very good. Much better then Nokia I had before. With the upgrade to Android 4.3 I had some instabilities till I removed 1 app - there since 4.2; that app stopped working when launched, how I noticed. Touchwiz stopped messages also vanished from then. Samsung should avoid Touchwiz can be stopped by incompatible application. But the phone never stalled: I could restart with power on button and did not need to remove the battery.
What I miss in such a big phone:
- why not 2 SD?
- why not 2 SIM?
who doesn't want don't put in.

I like the open structure of Android, but I hate it when it tries to load a lot of soft in advance or keeps it partial open even when I close. The reason why the app mentioned above caused Touchwiz to freeze.

Regarding Touchwiz same message: the extra features are very nice (rotate the phone to reject incoming call to mention one, selective scheduled blocking calls,...) but the Touchwiz memory footprint is way to big. I don't want Shealth and some other stuff pre-installed but without rooting it can't be removed nor can I prevent it 'eats' my precious RAM.

• nicky

I9505 is quiet good for people who are highly capable of using it.
i use it in my day to day business transactions and hav found no prob, no prob with Jelly bean 4.3 versaion as welll.

Only thing slightly i woory about is of its Battery.

COz it drains very soon on use of candy crush,

Kindly advice if any solution.

• Rashid

AnonD-216963, 21 Dec 2013hi i have the problem after 4.3 up date …my phone missing LTE ne... morereset again, and it will be 4g

• hassa

markice, 20 Dec 2013hi guys, got my new GS4 2 days ago, my battery drains quickly. p... morei had th same problem. I did a factory reset. and now the battery is more than 1 day and still left with 94% but very minimum work, since i only use it for calling when im working. Resetting did the job for me. hope t helps u too.

hi i have the problem after 4.3 up date …my phone missing LTE net work option in network service menu ….how can i get it..my sim 4g support……help me …

• markice

hi guys, got my new GS4 2 days ago, my battery drains quickly. pls give me some advice what to do.

• SamReyes

NCKATMTC, 19 Dec 2013What's new on the latest update for the S4 19505? My phone just ... moreI am from Philippines too. I received the Android Jelly Bean 4.3 on my Samsung GS4 i9505 Last November. From Android 4.2.2, I didn't see any BIG Changes after I updated my phone. But there are Minor Improvements in Speed. Its like the Lag from 4.2.2 has been minimize but not totally. My phone is locked under Globe Postpaid by the way.

• ajay

i got samsung i337 at&t frm my friend now how can i make a video call from dail screen

• NCKATMTC

What's new on the latest update for the S4 19505? My phone just did an update today and I don't see any changes. Did they fix any bugs or what? Kindly tell me pls. I'm from Philippines. Any comments/replies will be appreciated. Thanks!

my s4 dropped about +-20cm from my shirt pocket on to the chipwood table & got a screen crack. wasn't this supposed 2 be gorilla screen according to GSM Arena???

I made a complain on Hello Peter website with the following remark:
I was appalled when my S4 (GT-I9505) got a screen crack from falling +-20cm from my shirt pocket onto my supawood-desk a work as I was sitting down on my office chair. 1 of the reason I was convinced to buy the phone was because I had "Corning Gorilla Glass 3" of which I totally disagree that it is a gorilla screen if it got cracked so easily ****it did.

I was flabbergasted to say the list. I am very disappointed at the quality of the product, especially from Samsung & that will force me to scrutinise anything from Samsung with a bitter eye.

& Samsung responded by stating:
Hello loxionworld,

Thank you for voicing your complaint through to Samsung Electronics. Kindly note that the specifications listed on our website are the phones actual specs. Samsung South Africa does not have any form of false advertising to mislead our valued customers. Kindly book the device into an authorized Samsung service centre for a repair. They will assess the damage and have it repaired for you.

Kind Regards
Samsung SA

Now tell me who is a liar between GSM Arena & Samsung???

Hi i am using this S4 international version I9505 from june2013 i got it from UK right now i am residing in India.... the gorilla glass of S4 is very sensitive it is broken thrice two time it cost me 250$ including shipping...is there any site that sell original display at less cost? even it is dropped from less height also it is easily broken.... the display is working well touch everything is good but only glass is broken is there an option to replace only glass original?

• jm

AnonD-213634, 16 Dec 2013i have this model and the pictures and videos are horrible, i am... moreHi, i am slightly shocked by your experience coz i dont experience it in my s4..Pls dont get me wrong, have you checked your s4 if it is original or not? Maybe you were fooled if it is not, coz many class a fake s4 out there.. if you're sure it is original u may try reset your s4..hope that might help you a little..ü

• jm

summit, 18 Dec 2013Any feedback to those who tried to update their s4 i9505 thru OT... moreHi there, the update is ok and based to my experience in 4.3 is very good. Only i dont like about it is in the messaging there is no numeric keypad option..ü

• summit

Any feedback to those who tried to update their s4 i9505 thru OTA..? Is 4.3 available.? How about feedback for 4.3 bugs and stuffs?

i have this model and the pictures and videos are horrible, i am very dissapointed with the camera of this phone, i was tried all combinations possible at settings but nothing, if anyone of you guys have any recommendation about this issue, i will be very thankful.

Regards

• rrig_UK

chester, 15 Dec 2013I saw the knox thing and disabled it,so no need to worry about t... moreHello, thank you for the message.

Hope you're ok and the family.

It means alot to me. So this phone will not have spyware when knox is disabled?

It can be disabled but cant be uninstalled as long as it does not enable itself again like android system apps right?

Ilpctvo

I assume the galaxy s4 mini, note 3 and other samsung that have knox can be disabled.

AnonD-213506, 10 Dec 2013No FM Radio??? No, thanks!There are plenty of apps out there to bring you FM radio.

Granted these use data FM radio modules just don't seem to be overly important to manufactures these days.

E1, 10 Dec 2013Please , any solution for the battery lifetime ..........I am us... moreThe best battery-saving app for this phone is Snapdragon's 'Battery Guru'. It is made by the same guys that make the processor for the phone so is the best suited battery saver.

However, unfortunately the battery in this phone just isn't the best out there, not by a long way.

When I had it, I bought a couple of spare batteries and always had a charged one with me. You can pick up the standalone Samsung battery charger for around £25 ($40). Definitely a worthy investment.