Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4

Samsung I9505 Galaxy S4

my s4 dropped about +-20cm from my shirt pocket on to the chipwood table & got a screen crack. wasn't this supposed 2 be gorilla screen according to GSM Arena???

I made a complain on Hello Peter website with the following remark:
I was appalled when my S4 (GT-I9505) got a screen crack from falling +-20cm from my shirt pocket onto my supawood-desk a work as I was sitting down on my office chair. 1 of the reason I was convinced to buy the phone was because I had "Corning Gorilla Glass 3" of which I totally disagree that it is a gorilla screen if it got cracked so easily ****it did.

I was flabbergasted to say the list. I am very disappointed at the quality of the product, especially from Samsung & that will force me to scrutinise anything from Samsung with a bitter eye.

& Samsung responded by stating:
Hello loxionworld,

Thank you for voicing your complaint through to Samsung Electronics. Kindly note that the specifications listed on our website are the phones actual specs. Samsung South Africa does not have any form of false advertising to mislead our valued customers. Kindly book the device into an authorized Samsung service centre for a repair. They will assess the damage and have it repaired for you.

Kind Regards
Samsung SA

Now tell me who is a liar between GSM Arena & Samsung???

Hi i am using this S4 international version I9505 from june2013 i got it from UK right now i am residing in India.... the gorilla glass of S4 is very sensitive it is broken thrice two time it cost me 250$ including shipping...is there any site that sell original display at less cost? even it is dropped from less height also it is easily broken.... the display is working well touch everything is good but only glass is broken is there an option to replace only glass original?

• jm

AnonD-213634, 16 Dec 2013i have this model and the pictures and videos are horrible, i am... moreHi, i am slightly shocked by your experience coz i dont experience it in my s4..Pls dont get me wrong, have you checked your s4 if it is original or not? Maybe you were fooled if it is not, coz many class a fake s4 out there.. if you're sure it is original u may try reset your s4..hope that might help you a little..ü

• jm

summit, 18 Dec 2013Any feedback to those who tried to update their s4 i9505 thru OT... moreHi there, the update is ok and based to my experience in 4.3 is very good. Only i dont like about it is in the messaging there is no numeric keypad option..ü

• summit

Any feedback to those who tried to update their s4 i9505 thru OTA..? Is 4.3 available.? How about feedback for 4.3 bugs and stuffs?

i have this model and the pictures and videos are horrible, i am very dissapointed with the camera of this phone, i was tried all combinations possible at settings but nothing, if anyone of you guys have any recommendation about this issue, i will be very thankful.

Regards

• rrig_UK

chester, 15 Dec 2013I saw the knox thing and disabled it,so no need to worry about t... moreHello, thank you for the message.

Hope you're ok and the family.

It means alot to me. So this phone will not have spyware when knox is disabled?

It can be disabled but cant be uninstalled as long as it does not enable itself again like android system apps right?

Ilpctvo

I assume the galaxy s4 mini, note 3 and other samsung that have knox can be disabled.

AnonD-213506, 10 Dec 2013No FM Radio??? No, thanks!There are plenty of apps out there to bring you FM radio.

Granted these use data FM radio modules just don't seem to be overly important to manufactures these days.

E1, 10 Dec 2013Please , any solution for the battery lifetime ..........I am us... moreThe best battery-saving app for this phone is Snapdragon's 'Battery Guru'. It is made by the same guys that make the processor for the phone so is the best suited battery saver.

However, unfortunately the battery in this phone just isn't the best out there, not by a long way.

When I had it, I bought a couple of spare batteries and always had a charged one with me. You can pick up the standalone Samsung battery charger for around £25 ($40). Definitely a worthy investment.

rrig_UK, 14 Dec 2013Hello, Why does the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 heat up, because ... moreThe S4 may heat up after upgrading it to Kit Kat but this will most likely be due to the fact Samsung have not released Kit Kat for this device yet and therefore any version that's in it now will mean you've rooted your device. Rooting and firing a custom ROM into it is always going to bring with it some risks.

That being said, I have heard of a lot of these devices overheating and the battery swelling. I used to have one of these and I had 3 batteries with it (2 spare). 2 of these, in time, did swell. I've also heard a few horror stories of these swollen batteries eventually exploding.

In the case of my own one, I found that it overheated and suffered swollen batteries before I rooted it and stuck a custom ROM on it. It seems to just be a bit of an issue with some of these.

rrig_UK, 15 Dec 2013What are you joking, there knox in 4.2.2?!! Can this be rem... moreI saw the knox thing and disabled it,so no need to worry about that,I disabled a couple of apps that I don't use and haven't really seen much difference coz my s4 had always been fast and the battery lasts the whole day with heavy use,I play games(fifa 14;King of fighters 2012-A;Virtual Tennis;Asphalt 8 Airbone e.t.c) for more than 2 hours,make a couple of phone calls and sms plus 2hours of surfing... but now I have DStv mobile and spend at least 5 hours watching the channels. After all this no heating.Recharging from 0 to 100% takes 100 mins..this is the best phone ever.

Sent from my S4 LTE

• rrig_UK

chester, 14 Dec 2013Thanks mate just disabled some useless apps and that Knox stuff ... moreWhat are you joking, there knox in 4.2.2?!!

Can this be removed because thats got spyware in it.

Is it true, does disabling samsung apps save battery life how?

Hello,

Why does the Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 heat up, because I'm seeing some reviews about people getting heating up issues?

Does it really happend?

Does the i9505 heat after updating it to Android Kitkat V4.4?

AnonD-214657, 13 Dec 2013too save battery s4 and s3 can disable app..the built in app dra... moreThanks mate just disabled some useless apps and that Knox stuff but wonder how it got on my s4 coz im still on 4.2.2

too save battery s4 and s3 can disable app..the built in app drain battery fast,go to settings app manager select all app then choose u want to disable app..my s3 and s4 is good in battery last two days or more...:-)

[deleted post]What does that mean?

• kai

Nice phone

• summit

E1, 10 Dec 2013Please , any solution for the battery lifetime ..........I am us... moredu battert saver pro.. the best i have used so far..

I need help! It's my 4th of re inserting my sim card in my s4, got it last Oct 31 only, I have to reinsert the sim coz the phone wants me to do so...(no sim card detected) Was it normal???
Also having problem with connection (wifi hotspot) and heating of the unit even for a few minutes talktime as well...

• chedsabahmalaysia

kutty guru, 11 Dec 2013good mobile,looks smart & 13 mp camera clearance very good.b... more1130°c???? Hahaha. Are you talking about furnace temperature that will melt metal. Joking. Bye bye..