Samsung S5250 Wave525

Samsung S5250 Wave525

• Raj

Gowtham, 04 Nov 2010Ya, any java application can be installed and it works without a... moreI ve managed to get opera mini onboard but...
java games dont work please suggest a good website for
free games.. since bada store has limited games.

• Guil

Amit, 07 Nov 2010my phone supports kies. it connects without any difficulty. i g... moreMine came with no CDs. Is yours the 5250 or 5253?

Also, when I go Settings -> Applications -> Samsung Apps -> Off, EDGE remains off. Besides, under "Off" I have "Wi-Fi only", which is what I'm using..

:S

• Amit

you can turn off edge, just go to settings apps samsung apps off.

• Amit

Guil, 07 Nov 2010To many of the below comments: No, you CANNOT change the back... moremy phone supports kies. it connects without any difficulty. i got kies with my phone in two mini cds.

• Guil

To many of the below comments:

No, you CANNOT change the background of the menu from white.

The difference between the S5250 and S5253 is only the languages (apparently!) - however I can't get my S5253 to be recognized in Kies. Perhaps they don't yet support it?

The 5.1 channel is for headphones. Listening to music, watching a video - whatever. It REALLY enhances the sounds. I am very, very impressed by the quality change with this.

There is no official statement saying the Bada 1.2 or any future releases will be available - but there's no official denying either.

The appstore is somewhat small for now; but so was the Apple Appstore when they started up, right? ;)

For the guy who chipped his screen - ouch! Take it back to the store and see what they think.

The touch screen is very responsive, messages can be threaded or singular, the wifi is great - no different from my laptop wifi, I'd say.
Umm, so only problems I've found is no Kies support (yet??), cannot mark all emails 'read' at once, and can't figure out how to turn off EDGE..

Some people can't find the Maps. Simple - use the Google widget that comes pre-installed on the device; it has a 'Maps' button :)

I'll check back here again soon to see comments, I suppose..

Can anybody tell me difference between this phone and S5253 Wave 525 which i found in samsung middle east site

• Sum1 Sumwhere, India

digi_bwn-india, 07 Nov 2010Zeesan, Dont talk like a stupid.First check NOKIA X6 then say. I... moreYou are comparing a phone with costs double and calling him stupid? He is obviously comparing with Nokia's stupid resistive screens which is what Nokia insists on giving you in this price range.

• amit

anurag, 06 Nov 2010how to use 5.1 surround sound...i set the effect and equlizer to... morei think 5.1 channel is for buffering online videos. are u satisfied with the camera. i find it bad during night

• digi_bwn-india

Zeeshan, 06 Nov 2010Guys,Do u wanna a bit pleasure of Apple iphone in jus 7.5K then ... moreZeesan, Dont talk like a stupid.First check NOKIA X6 then say. I have both Nokia X6 and this one. X6 touch response is far ahead from Samsung. Test it.

Anonymous, 06 Nov 2010I bought this phone two days ago (GT-S5253). I have maps. Th... more5253 and 5250 are exactly the same, except 5253 has asian languages for asian countries

• anurag

Anonymous, 02 Nov 2010Very good (quite loud)how to use 5.1 surround sound...i set the effect and equlizer to normal mode...its nt working..help

• HoHo

Wait For BADA 2.0 in 2011 in all wave mobiles

• Amit

Anonymous, 06 Nov 20101.1 Though I don't see why it couldn't be upgradable, when 1.... moreIs the bada os upgradable for us.

• Amit

The phone looks awesome & all thanks to the bada os. But i am bit dissapionted with the camera quality.

• Amit

Zeeshan, 06 Nov 2010Well, Sum sensible person could tell me, Is der ne way to change... moreU can download themes from samsung apps. Most of them are free. Otherwise there's no option to make ur theme background black like the old samsung.

• Amit

I just bought this mobile today. Bada is really , it looks good although does not have much applications becoz Bada is new in market.At least its better than nokia's outdated symbian.

• the dude

I just got this phone but have chiped the phones screen on the first week...does any1 know if possible to fix ?? its still under warranty ... i think its just the top plastic that got chipped but rite under it the screen doesnt repond...other wise it still looks fine, everything but those spots work aswell...

• hira bajrangi

• Rv

AYA, 05 Nov 2010Does this one support Flash Player. Can you watch youtube from t... moreyes

• Zeeshan

Well, Sum sensible person could tell me, Is der ne way to change the colour of menu background to black by the help of themes.