Samsung S8530 Wave II

Samsung S8530 Wave II

• Tan

@all:
This blurry thumbnails thing is a software issue and will be addressed by Samsung soon. Those screaming "Replace the phone" are idiots who probably don't even own it.
I bought mine yesterday for 17,700 in AP. The phone's such a runaway success that its already out of stock in some places. Everything about this phone is good. I had apprehensions about super lcd but they are gone. Its simply awesome. Samsung Kies is also good, better than itunes infact(I own an itouch and trust me, I know)
Screen, features etc etc everything is good. The browser's just average though. I hope some more developers make some independent browsers soon. Samsung is giving the apps of the bada developer challenge free for a month. Grab yours quickly.
The appstore is small, but given the rate at which bada is growing, thanks to the wave I and the multitute of other smaller siblings, the appstore will be fully furnished soon.
Cam's awesome. Cam apps are great. Aug Reality games are also good.
In short, this phone is man's gift to manking. Buy it now or you will regret like me when the Wave I went out of stock.

• taksh

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2011hi taksh both are possible are you sure? is htc desire good enough.

hey wajhi i see lot of people have same problem like me with thumbnails and camera...Can u please tell in how many days you got the replacement? I gave it for replacement the very second day,anyhow I hope the new piece does not have same problem..if it is its a disaster..i think its software problem , but who are going to wait for 2.0 update

• wajhi

Jaspreet, 05 Jan 2011HEy Can anyone tell me why the thumbnail view of images on my wa... moredude i had the same problem when i got this peice. i advise you to replace the model as it is faulty! i replaced mine ! there s some problem with the model coming in india. please check it before buying ! otherwise the phone is awesome i am loving it ! and whoever has thumnails not clear and the camera not crisp then your peice is fualty ! please go get a replacement!

Plz vote 10,10,10 for this beauty.bcoz it has 1.2 bada + 2.0 at the corner.superb 3.7inch display,better cam and audio than wave1

• Jaspreet

Its just been 2 days since I bought this.Can anyone suggest some usefull apps and games?

• Jaspreet

Ya it is same with all I think hope it gets sorted in next update!

And screw you who is saying it is faulty!Get this phone and then talk

• asgme

Jaspreet, 05 Jan 2011HEy Can anyone tell me why the thumbnail view of images on my wa... moreIt's same for me as well. The thumbnail view of the images are not very clear and crispy like the original display.

But I reckon it's an issue (if u consider it like so) with Samsung mobiles.

I have another Samsung cell. Even if it is a very basic CDMA model with only a 1.3 MP cam, its thumbnail view of images does not produce very clear and crispy blocks of small image inside the entire screen in comparison with the original display of images which are very clear.

It's a problem with proper resizing of original images fitting into the 800 X 480 screen while they are dispalyed as thumbnails. And I reckon mostly that it does not affect any functionality of this wonderful handheld which is vastly important.

But I look forward into this issue further and I'll update here soon.

• asgme

Anonymous, 05 Jan 2011get it replaced asap.. its faultyIt's same for me as well. The thumbnail view of the images are not clear and crispy like the original display.

But how come it's faulty?

Do you have any idea further?

Jaspreet, 05 Jan 2011HEy Can anyone tell me why the thumbnail view of images on my wa... moreget it replaced asap.. its faulty

• Jaspreet

HEy Can anyone tell me why the thumbnail view of images on my wave ii is not clear and sharp?? Is it by default???

• Seran

Wave insider, 05 Jan 2011Wave 2 is not as bad when compared to wave 1. For all those who ... morethis video really helped me to differentiate...thanx!

everythin is gud... lovely phone...
but isnt the length too much ....feels awkward holding a 123.9 mm fone...
samsung should increase the widht rather than length
wat say guys?

• Wave insider

Wave 2 is not as bad when compared to wave 1. For all those who thot wave 1 is much better check out tis video for a shock..

Just bought it yesterday
It is an awesome phone!!!1
Full value for money

taksh, 05 Jan 2011ok man i needed to ask ya something which is important for me. i... morehi taksh
both are possible

• taksh

Ankit, 04 Jan 2011purchased this phone 4 days ago in delhi,camera is simply awesom... moreok man i needed to ask ya something which is important for me. i am confused between htc desire and wave ii.
as you are already a proud user of wave ii.
i wanted to know
is multitasking possible in wave ii?
secondly in web browser section- as found in nokia n series when you are browsing you can download in background and simultaneously you can browse web pages.
is this facility available in wave ii?
this matters me much.

hey guys, can someone pls give me a link where i can get asphalt 5 for free???

• asgme

Ruban, 04 Jan 2011Thanks for responding me. Do you have any themes for our wave II... moreThere are few free Wave II themes in Samsung Apps. Those cannot be downloaded into my PC, they get downloaded and installed straight into the handheld.

There are 3 different ways to download and install those into your handheld...

1. Access Samsung Apps directly into your handheld by using mobile internet via your service provider. You will be charged for this by your service provider.

2. Go to any area where Wi-Fi is enabled for free and can be accessed freely (not asked for password while enabling Wi-Fi in your handheld) and access Samsung Apps.

3. Install Samsung Kies into a internet enabled PC (better not to do it in a Cyber Cafe... they are dens of viruses). Connect your handheld to the PC through data cable provided with the Wave II and access Samsung Apps via Samsung Kies.

Then search for themes and install whatever you like there...

Ask me if you find any problem. Better email me @ sg.abhishek@gmail.com if you wont find any reply soon. Because after buying Wave II on 1st Jan I check this forum hardly once per day.

• Ankit

purchased this phone 4 days ago in delhi,camera is simply awesome and sound quality is great in earphones.
strong metal built,battery backup is also good,
for the very 1st time phone should be charged for 4-5hours (even if battery full msg is shown).
screen is as good as a samoled.
loving every minute of it,m in love with my phone...!