Sony Ericsson G900

Sony Ericsson G900

• Ravi

I am really tired of this G900 model. It's not even worth of 2MP picture quality. I took the shop and service centre too but with no rectification for hte picture quality. I believe this is the worst Sony ericsson model phone ever. Apart from Often Hanging,Slow and gets restarted. It's picture quality is really bad. I am really shunning myself. It's not serving it's purpose. I have lodged a complaint in Consumer Forum. I'll keep u updated regarding hte progress. Can keep in touch with ravikumar.dev83@gmail.com.

• yara

i have this phone not for long and its good not the best out there!!
but last night i had it charging and went to sleep and forgot about it and when i woke up the battery is double the size and it just wont work!!!
what happened??? it was ok before!!
please help if u can

• kkkk4

yeah, it is a quick office 2003, u can view and edit word,exel and power point 2003.but im not sure whether it can update to open file 2007 or not.

• margarita

I have been very confused of whether I am to buy this phone or not. I love the features it has. Great camera pixel, wifi, great speakers, document viewer basically like a phone, an ipod and a laptop rolled into one. However, the reviews about its "factory defects" made me think twice. This phone is very affordable here in the Philippines and its much cheaper without the Sony Ericsson warranty. I am already 80% certain of my willingness to buy it but I need to be a 100% sure that I wouldn't risk my hard earned money on a phone that has a lot of malfunctions.

I hope you can help me decide.

And oh, can this phone edit documents such as Microsoft word, excel and powerpoint?

Thanks!

Margarita =)

• G900 user

HbK, 05 Jan 2009i do not understand why that guy is saying mediocre camera perfo... moreC'mon man! It doesn't have the best camera in its class!!!! And not a good video recording! The noise level of the pictures is high, and about the video, it records in QVGA @ 30fps and in 3gp format, while most other 5mp from other brands (Nokia, Samsung, LG) record VGA @ 30fps and in MP4 format. Yeah, the camera is not bad, but not very good.

• HbK

i do not understand why that guy is saying mediocre camera performance. it is a great 5mp camera, one of the best in it's class, and everybody knows that SE is best in cameras. great quality pictures and also a good video quality, clear and fine. I am more than excited about the camera, now i have a camera and a phone in one piece, no more camera + phone in my pockets. it has the options of a cybershot, a lot of functions. again i recommend it. trust me! you won't regret. all my life I had SE phones, s700, w850, w580, w760, k800 and now g900 and none of them ever let me down. i was in love with s700 and k800, which i owned for a long period of time, the s700 for a year, then bought the k800 which i owned for 1/2 years, now i bought this brilliant phone and for the next 2 years i will not break apart from it. :x

w_patrick87@hotmail., 04 Jan 2009My friend and I bought G900 last week and both the G900 have tim... moreyour time is probably wrong because your network is set at a certain GMT and your GMT setting is wrong.

• KCostas

BopZ, 04 Jan 2009self timer? if you meant the 'timer' application, of course it ... moreHi! Did you ever tried a program GDesk? It's a free aplication. And the coolest I have ever seen! You can make your phone look and act as iphone or htc or anything you want. You can make your own design of a menu, put any icons/buttons anywhere you want, add menu pages and so on! If it is difficult to make a design of your own you can download a ready made and use it or customise to your own needs. Try and let me know!

• w_patrick87@hotmail.

My friend and I bought G900 last week and both the G900 have time receive problem in the sms msg.. "When you receiving the sms msg the time is always wrong" does anyone know how to fix it? Please email me asap

• ijje

jessika, 03 Jan 2009 which one is better between g900 and c902 based on their featu... moreC902 for better camera, G900 for more features.

• BopZ

D., 04 Jan 2009I've just read on an other site that it hasn't got a Self timer?... moreself timer?
if you meant the 'timer' application, of course it has one...
all the basic applications are there, but it can't record a call, which is a minor downside...

• D.

I've just read on an other site that it hasn't got a Self timer? just a detail question but i would find that rather odd.. Is that true?

• D.

Why didnt they put cybershot on it =( .. Don't know if it's that much of difference though =D

• G900 user

Ive had this phone for about 2 month now. It is great, I rate it 9/10. The disadvantages are: Mediocre camera performance, not really bad, but not as good as e.g. k850. a little poor battery life, 2 days moderate usage. ang a bit fagile, It fell off my hand and the upper part of the rtouch screen is now broken, but I stilll love it better than P1 and w960.

• HbK

just bought this. it is absolutely amazing. very fast, great loudspeaker, so user friendly, no problem with it, it is definetely a must be. the best phone for me. if u want g900 don't ponder, just go for it!

Anonymous, 03 Jan 2009Hey,, can u tell me which one is better between g900 & w960?? ... moreI think the G900 is the best ever uiq3 phone.

fast
screen is right size for res
d pad
very good speaker with mod
small
stylish

• W_Patrick87@hotmail.

• jessika

which one is better between g900 and c902 based on their features?? i am really having a hard time on this. answering this question will help me a lot. tnx in advance.

Hey,,
can u tell me which one is better between g900 & w960??
which one of these is faster??
Bcause i have t0 buy one of them this week..
So plzz rep..
tQ

• read-very Important!

Winston, 02 Jan 2009I did alot of online reading before I got this phone and guess w... moreFor all the disappointed g900 usres:read this!
You will be surprised!
Oh I am so happy, beacause all what the others said was false, This phone is actually great!So...read this!

G900 support
Faulty phone? A software update may solve it.

If your phone freezes, hangs up unexpectedly, vibrates continuously or in other similar ways does not perform as it should, these issues can often be solved by performing a software update. Many factors can contribute to software performing incorrectly without there being a fault in the phone. Some problems might be fixed with a re-update of your current software while others may require installing a new software version.

A software update can be done quickly and easily with the Update Service the application checks for new software for your phone and automatically installs it.

For optimum performance of your phone, it is a good idea to perform a software update regularly. You might not always notice what an update has done, but it can prevent future problems.