Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Yes I Have read a few minutes ago your essay about RAM and storage space - claiming Nokia 32GB iss not RAM but storage space :)))

I did not think you still bring up the subject - you had time or better say your body Nurse/enginneer had enough time to explain to you that storage place not really an IT term :)))

but funny :))
So please keep explaining stuff.

You explanation of RAM, Li-Po battery etc. all will be a classic.

Make a copy your grandchildren will be proud of you some day!

• blankblankblank

brynn, 20 Dec 2008YEP thats true,,it seems more pixels per inch/cm give more colou... moreI really would appreciate it if anyone could help me in making a decision. I am a bit confused as to which of the following WM phones i should use, i mean which one would be a better buy. the HTC touch Pro or the XPERIA X1?? would be helpful if someone could justify their reason of choices.
Thank you.

Nice PR but I meant anybody who understands the technology :)

16K vs 256K vs 16M color

• brynn

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2008CONCLUSION: Judging by these comparison shots, how many colours... moreYEP thats true,,it seems more pixels per inch/cm give more colour depth than actual upping the colour pallette...ITs same for megapixels and have said this before that the best camfone pics ive ever took were on s/e k750i and w900i,,I wish they would bring out k750i in exactly the same shape and style and just make it bit bigger to include vga video record,,qvga screen,,and thats it really,,camm was superb so were led flash so ws battery and so was mp3 player,,maybe hsdpa i hate wi-fi and gps is not needed by me cause google maps do the lot for wat i want..The k750i nokia 3650 and sharp gx10 were fones that got me exited but since then nothing grabbed me like that buzz you get with new fone and you cannot stop getting it out and changing wallpapers and meessing with it..I am defo not touchscreen fan ..

• Dani

Judging by these comparison shots, how many colours do you think the display is capable of showing? Keep in mind that the display on the K850 is among the industry’s finest with its 262.144-colour TFT display. Now, what about the X1? 262.144 colours like the K850? More than 16.7 million colours like other competing products? No - the display is capable of showing up to 65.536 colours. Now what does this mean? Absolutely nothing. I often refer to this as the display colour race, and it’s as pointless as the camera megapixel race. Quantity is one thing; quality is an entirely other thing. Another factor playing a rather important role with regards to display colours is the processing power of the product itself. Sure, the X1 does have a very impressive and rather powerful processor, but fact is that there is really no reason for using a display capable of showing more colours.
Touchdown
Sony Ericsson Xperia is the best

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2008Please explain 65K color screen - how good is that? I kno... moreThe screen is glorious, and it is one of the best screens you will see on a mobile device. Not only is it clear and crisp, it also has a beautifully vibrant and rich quality to it and it is no understatement to say that it is a joy to watch video or view pictures on it. Even when you are just browsing through menus you notice how clearly the fonts are rendered on the high resolution WVGA (800 x 480 pixels) display. The X1 is billed as both a business and a multimedia handset and the screen really does justice to both of those requirements.

Below you’ll find a display comparison between the X1 and the Sony Ericsson K850. The X1 is the phone on the right or top, depending on what picture you’re looking at. All the photos were shot in RAW using manual settings to eliminate any chance of mixed results.

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2008Please explain 65K color screen - how good is that? I kno... moreThe first thing that strikes you about this touch sensitive TFT screen is its size. The 3-inch display takes up almost the entirety of the front of the handset and is the most prominent aspect of the handset when it is closed. One aspect of the screen design that we both agreed upon was that it should have been flush with the handset casing rather than slightly recessed. This isn’t a major gripe by any means, but when you are dealing with a premium product small touches really do count. As it stands the screen is not flush, but this has no real impact on how one uses the X1, it was more an aesthetic point we were making.

• Geddo

please , can any person tell me , does SE Xperia touch pro use Win Mo 6.5

Please explain

65K color screen - how good is that?

I know SE makes phones with 256K color screen.

Is that 5 times better?

Please, anybody can tell me
what does it mean:

´plenty of RAM´ ???

When V3 came out it was ahead of everybody.

X1 has tough competition from several company - several model.

Although the X1 is offered free, it is still not popular - several model ahead of it, even in the same category.

SE should do better PR.

Some people think insult, aggression etc. makes things attractive.

V3 is still used by many? I see it all the time.
Is it very reliable? how is the X1?
Bugs and battery problems - are they fixed?

Some people, may be wrongly, but wants a phone without any problems, totally reliable.

They do not care about high-tech. :)
They do not finance demo units.

I think differently, people (fans) should finance new models even if they are not totally up to the market yet.

What is up with the new model? X2? CES!

• John

Saurabh, 19 Dec 2008Xperia X1 could have been the BEST Windows Mobile phone only if ... moreLOL, Omnia the best WM phone? I'll any HTC over the Omnia and this trash Xperia.

Just saying... touch HD for the win.

brynn, 20 Dec 2008When the motorola v3 first came out it was £499.99 sim free at c... moreA very good point from you

• brynn

When the motorola v3 first came out it was £499.99 sim free at carfone warehouse because it was slim and made of metal..The xperia made of metal and costs around the same but look at the spec difference...I wonder what the xperia would weigh if it was made of plastic?? I bet it would not be any cheaper..

• Joe

joe, 20 Dec 2008Stupld OS, Stupld UI, Stupld price... Need I say more ?Hallo My name is Joe and actually, i think it is a great phone. :::::::

joe, 20 Dec 2008Stupld OS, Stupld UI, Stupld price... Need I say more ?I am sorry, Joe, but I think that the only thing that bothers you is the price of this phone and the fact that you can not have it.

• joe

Stupld OS, Stupld UI, Stupld price...

Need I say more ?

• waseem

can any one tell that how louder is its sound and its quality'

• clive holland

i never used anoter cellphone except for a sony ericsson,but this one is the "ultimate" keep on you are my brand forever