Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

Sony Ericsson Xperia X1

• regie8

i have an x1...i just want to have update my phone to windows mobile 6.5 and i want it to have an one hand kypad or keyboard touch screen so that i dont need to slide it just to type a message...pls help me....or send it to my emai at regie8@yahoo.com...thanks

• Lakma Punchihewa

i love this phone. all the Features are awesome :) :)

i love my xperia phone :) :)

• vega

i liked this phone. i am a techi guy. i use phone hell of out of it. can i buy a second hand x1? it has some cracks in the body. it lost some color on the body, keyboard. some buttons give late response. it waas bought 2 years ago. the phone isn't really fast. but, it is just ok. if at all buying it, how much can should spend on it?
thank you.

• leo

the phone is stylish and all agreed. i have a few queries

1. How to install skyp?
2. How to gtalk?
3. Every time i switch on wifi, the data connection gets switched on. How do i tun on only wifi.

cheers!

Android, 03 Oct 2010What is so good about this phone with subpar specs? I don't get ... moreI think the phone is good for the year it was released... you definitely cannot compare it to current phones.

• san

Anonymous, 04 Oct 2010sony ericsson is the best. its more easy and manageable. i alwa... moreyeah, you´r right! sony ericsson is better than other company, i like a lot,

• SAN

I like sony ericsson,it´s better than other firm, sony is amazing, from my oponion always has cool gadges,anyway, i want to buy a xperia X1.

• SAN

sony ericsson is the best. its more easy and manageable.
i always prefer sony and experia10 is a smart elegant mobile.

• Alga

Android, 03 Oct 2010What is so good about this phone with subpar specs? I don't get ... morewhy do u say like that . . ? ?
Sony Ericsson is Amazing ....

• Android

What is so good about this phone with subpar specs? I don't get it. Because it is made by Sony?

This old piece of crap has the most number of votes so far. But shortly the 3 days old N8,will rightfully overtake it. Nokia rules :-)

• Alga

sohailkhan, 27 Sep 2010hi there i am planing to buy this x1 i already used sony ericsso... moredon't trust that,,,
x1 is huge smartphone...
so,,, if you hear,, that x1 is cracks,,
don't trust..!!
Sony Ericsson product is Always The Best..

• bjorn

jopps, 30 Sep 2010Don't buy this phone have it for a more then a year, the case is... moregot one since 2 years, and it is not an ideal phone, spacebar gives multi spaces when you press ones.
People can't hear me sometimes because the voice is terrible.

• SE 2010

Very good link for x1 owners:

• SE 2010

A quick comparison between the Sony ericsson X1 & X2 :

the X1 over the X2 :

1- the radio and video calling were included from the first place.
2- I find wm 6.1 much more stable than 6.5 which is indeed buggy.
3- you can make a playlist from the device it self.
4- comes with very good headphones unlike the crappy ones that you get with the x2.
5- Since the X1 has been almost 2 years in the market, this means you can find more solutions for it's problem + there has been a lot development going on for it, such as switching the device to wm 6.5 or android.

the X2 over X1 :

1- a brilliant 8.1 mp camera with better lens and sensors over the 3.2 mp in the x1.
2- wm 6.5 is considered more touch friendly because of the bigger fonts and icons.
3- a bigger screen and a more elegant looking device with a better keyboard and better overall hardware.
4- More panels + the option of scheduling the time the panels appear in the day.
5- the x2 didn't suffer from the cracks that happened to some of the X1 users.
6- better touch screen responsiveness.

Summary : both devices are good, but honestly even if it's hard for me to say this. But I believe the X1 is a better choice than the X2, although the X2 is more advanced and should be way advanced!

With the X1 your sd memory card will never be erased, and you will have less crushes indeed! with a more stable and less buggy os.

P.S : I own them both and still use them both and love them both as well! but the X2 just looks dam* good compared to the X1 :)

SE= make.believe

• anon

Anonymous, 18 Sep 2010My X1 has recently developed a speaker problem. the phone's exte... moreyes i had experienced the same problem you have right now. . . the speaker has just moistened and needs to be reheated. . . it is just a minute problem and solution, but because we don't have any tools in reheating our phones, you have to bring that to the repair shop and you will not wait longer for the phone to get fixed. they will just reheat your phone and the speaker will get back in its good condition.

I don't know where place you are in now, but in the Philippines, we have a lot of repair shops here that fix our damaged phones.

• anon

i have this phone now. . . i swapped my iphone 2g for this phone, because i love windows mobile phone rather than iphone. . . and because it has a a large internal memory i was able to put lot of applications.

Moreover, it has become much better and useful when i changed it to experileo rom . . . try this rom , it's cool!!!

• jopps

Don't buy this phone have it for a more then a year, the case is completely scratched, buttons on qwerty stopped responding and when you press it hard then it types 5-6 times the same letter, my handset speaker which you put on your ear is broken for a while - it became very silent hardly can hear anyone have to use speaker-phone, windows mobile software is full of bugs, there is issues with charging sometimes it won't charge and on top of that now the X1 started to switch off randomly, I have realized that it losses contact in area between qwerty and the screen and if you press it on the screen or move a little bit it switches off at once.

Other that that it is a good phone