Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

Sony Ericsson Xperia X8

• jhing

sony ericsson xperia X8 made in?

• ethan

plz tell me about X8's
1)camera clarity
2)music experience (with & without headpiece).

• azer

Ovi, 05 Apr 2011hey Azer can u please tell me how access/connect net on X8 i hav... moreWith internet services, your phone's connection depenfs on the service provider, as long as you get the correct settings and service, the internet would work, in my case I had to check it on settings then wireless and networks then mobile network theb choose the correct setting given by the provider. In case it still doesn't work, then it's a bad fault if the provider

• nicole

x8 user, 04 Apr 2011Hey there x8 users..i got my bnew x8 for my graduation gift.=)).... morei am an x8 user and its my graduation gift too... but i think you should install the bottle message.. thingy LOL

• Ovi

AnonD-5434, 05 Apr 2011I used this phone for about a couple of months..And it is one of... morehey Prabash can u please tell me how access/connect net on X8 i hav a reliance network n want to access internet on fone but i m unable to connect even though i have enetered same settings for which net works on my fly handset... reply plz ASAP

• Ovi

Arun Kumar, 28 Mar 2011Hi Friends, I am Arun from Chennai. I am using Xperia X8 for ... morehey Arun can u please tell me how access/connect net on X8 i hav a reliance network n want to access internet on fone but i m unable to connect even though i have enetered same settings for which net works on my fly handset... reply plz ASAP

• Ovi

Azer, 04 Apr 2011To those having great dilemmas on buying this phone or an androi... morehey Azer can u please tell me how access/connect net on X8 i hav a reliance network n want to access internet on fone but i m unable to connect even though i have enetered same settings for which net works on my fly handset... reply plz ASAP

I used this phone for about a couple of months..And it is one of the great phones in its price range! I really enjoyed it a lot..:)
But I have to share some things that I experienced when using it for few weeks..
The camera is not good at all..I personally had the opinion that SE devices have the best camera quality comparing with the other models. It certainly was when they had Cybershot..But that opinion slight changed bcoz of this phone! The camera quality is poor plus No zooming option is available! (Still you can install Vignette App from the market to get the zooming option)
Battery life is not that good. Yet I guess it is usual for most of the android handsets.
But the biggest issue I had is that I had to install and uninstall apps to keep it going :S..When the memory gets low (less than 20mbs), it will stop receiving text messages! AND THATS REALLY SOOO STUPID! And I didnt have enough space to install games. I didnt want to root the phone bcoz that will make ma warranty invalid..Yet even after I updated the phone (there were 170 mbs free in the phone memry) I tried to install NFS Shift which is only bout 38 mbs..Bt it said that I cannot install it because I didnt have enough space! sounded ridiculous!
And SE's customer service just sux to the max!! They haven't released 2.2 update to X8 (Which would make this phone JUST AWESOME and most of the probs I face would be solved!!)..And neither do I believe that they will release it in the future..So I felt like I had had enough with X8..and I bought another one! :)
These are my really honest opinions..I dnt wanna criticize the fone or anything! :)..so consider these things before going for x8 as well..
finally, I would lika say that LG optimus One or Samsung galaxy 3 would be a far better choice than X8..They almost have the same price tag yet they have multitouch, android 2.2 (Optimus One has 2.3) and bigger screen and stuff!..
Cheers guys! :)

• mr.zaki

i've bought my x8 last month.this is my 1st time with android phone.i wonder how & what can i do with android.then...i'm goin to explore how it's work..so great..awesome.when i put power amp (from android market)so unexpected,extremely incredible..

• Prashant

hello friends, will anybody try to help me in choosing an andriod smartphone in a range of 15k, which has great features like

1. 16 million colors

2. minimum 3 inch touchscreen display(Either
capacitive or resistive) 320x480 resolution
Accelerometer sensor for UI auto-rotate
Proximity sensor for auto turn-off

3 android 2.1(eclair)/2.2(froyo)/2.3(gingerband)
10. minimum 600MHZ processor
11. Battery Backup minimum 4.5 hrs talktime & 450 hrs in Standby

I used phone finder, it tell me about Xperia X8,
LG optimus GT540, LG optimus one , htc Wildfire

which one is best among these andros, please help me.

• jen

guys what is the function of the task killer..???

• miss...

Azer, 04 Apr 2011To those having great dilemmas on buying this phone or an androi... morehow about the video call? i mean use secondary cmera?

Smartphone Lover, 04 Apr 2011Bought this phone a week ago and I'm experiencing many problems ... moreMy Xperia X8 was upgraded by me from 1.6 to 2.1 during jan 2011 ...
Today suddenly it started to continuously restart again and again ..I had to remove the battery and it not starting at all , still continuous reboots ...Can anyone help me on this wat could be the issue

• Azer

To those having great dilemmas on buying this phone or an android phone in this range, you can read this!

Hello guys, I just got the phone 3 days ago.
My comment, --- GREAT!
It's a very nice phone. I have been an se fan since my last phone, naite, and this is my first smartphone. I'm very happy that I made the very right decision! It's a very nice, fun and entertaining phone! My choices were: galaxy 5, galaxy mini, lg optimus one.

Why did I choose x8?
-I trust SE, that's kinda biased.
-vs. galaxy 5 and galaxy mini, it has hvga screen res, it's kinda a big deal to me since it affects a lot about your market application choice and browsing experience. Hvga is a hundred times better!
-vs. lg optimus one, they say LG has screen issues, I don't want to risk my gaming experiences in Android with that.
so I chose x8.

Here are my honest comments:
-Really fluid and fast. Make sure you install task killer to efficiently use your RAM easily! No lag whatsoever. Just perfect UI experience, and I love the ui XD.

-Next thing, the first day I got the phone I already installed eclair into it(2.1) --- Just great! So many additional features! Live wallpapers, updated market and pre-installed apps, office suite!, etc. etc., and no frills! No problem at all! By the way, I updated through usb, (I downloaded software updater from SE site.) I thought updating over the air is kinda risky especially with unstable network, so no problem at all! 2.1 is perfect with my x8!

-600 Mhz, not the most powerful, with games, still very fun and playable with almost no lag but of course it's not the fastest around, but FLUID FAST with phone ui!

-Web browsing, 3G or WiFi, no problem! Very usable! Fast and no lags, tabbed sites useful and many features.

-Telephony/Texting/Mail/etc. - Does the job with no problem! And timescape adds some fun and comfort too!

-Music/Radio, I believe naite was clearer with headphone quality, but it's still very loud, and also gives nice music experience!

-I don't use maps/navigation. :))

-Gaming- great! Make sure you kill unused apps so you get fast and fun gaming! Android market surely gives you a lot of nice game choices.

Camera- 3mp, okay. XD but it's got no AF nor flash, nothing special, and I don't use camera that much.
Video- Great! vga@30fps really crisp and high quality!

Cons:
-Eclair doesn't allow me to install many apps in the phone and the small/mediocre phone memory doesn't help either.
-mediocre still shots
-no multitouch! Aww.
-Battery is a big pain, I have to charge it everyday because I use so many features on the phone everytime.

Sooo that's it I hope I helped anyone needing for opinions. Ask me anything and I'll try :D

GrewSober, 04 Apr 2011Hi! What do you mean that i will suffer a lot with the Samsung G... moreyes mr

• Prasad

My Xperia X8 was upgraded by me from 1.6 to 2.1 during jan 2011 ...

• GrewSober

Anonymous, 04 Apr 2011handle ur Samsung Galaxy Ace very carefully when compared to x8 ... moreHi! What do you mean that i will suffer a lot with the Samsung Galaxy Ace.

• Prasad

My Xperia X8 was upgraded by me from 1.6 to 2.1 ...
Today suddenly it started to continuously restart again and again ..I had to remove the battery and it not giving way still continuous reboots ...Can anyone help me on this wat could be the issue

• Mars

Hi
Why my phone charge is over after 3 hours?
3 hours working with internet , youtub...?

use task killer but again very fast discharging

• gww

the phone seeker , 24 Mar 2011okay then,, so in your experience no hanging or freezing happeni... moreyo.. sorry have been busy.. yup.. this phone is perfect for its pricing.. my set there's no hanging and frezing.. no worry about that.. if you got no buget wise.. u also can go for arc.. i just got my arc on 31/3/2011..

CHEERS!