Sony Xperia 1

Sony Xperia 1

netpoochi, 12 Jun 2019Xperia 1 180 g (6.35 oz) iPhone XS Max 208 g (7.34 oz) Samsung... moreAgree, It's quite comfortable on my hand even better than my previous XZ2.

Bought mine, a Hongkong version with google playstore in China, Got the new update as soon as it connected wifi and this improved 4K video recording further. Love the 21:9 wide aspect ratio with PUBG and also game enhancer mode.

• Slayer

Minimal bezels (barely there), no notch, no cut out and an absolutely stunning screen! A joy to watch my movies on, like being in the cinema except I am not...! Software is pretty much stock too!!

• Slayer

Shui8, 12 Jun 2019Performance - Xperia 1 Videography - Xperia 1 Battery - P30 ... moreActually, the battery life is surprisingly very very good! I seem to end up at around the same battery percentage left at the end of the day as I get with my S10 plus and used to get with my Pixel 3XL, around 46% at bedtime from switching on at 07.30 in the morning...!

No doubt that Sony has really stepped up with this phone. While P30 Pro is currently the King, lets wait and see how this phone is 3/4 months.

well i have it for a few days now. jus wondering when US sells, is it different from mine. international and US version

Anonymous, 12 Jun 2019Sony Xperia 1 or P30 PRO.more powermancePerformance - Xperia 1
Videography - Xperia 1

Battery - P30 Pro
Photography - P30 Pro

Just my 2 cents.

Sony Xperia 1 or P30 PRO.more powermance

• netpoochi

Livid, 10 Jun 2019Absolutely wrong. This phone is already longer and heavier than ... moreXperia 1 180 g (6.35 oz)
iPhone XS Max 208 g (7.34 oz)
Samsung Galaxy S10+ 175 g / 198 g (ceramic) (6.17 oz)
Huawei P30 Pro 192 g (6.77 oz)

I don't think it's heavier in the competition. don't be a hater kid.

Shui8, 11 Jun 2019Impressive! Is it because using Manual mode or after got firmwar... moreWait i check again and see the descruption below. He states that this is after the update ,,(55.0.A.2.278) Dramatical improvements on quality and stability on wide angel lens'' Maybe this is for Manual only and not auto.

Stefanos Elin, 11 Jun 2019I don't know man i hope this is real video and not a fake one fr... moreNo matter how Sony polished the trolls still can smear it..

• Xvestor

so excited to try my Xperia 1, just did bought it and waiting to deliver to my home.

people here mixed between real user and hater.

as far as I was using Xperia and apple (especially ipad and some iPhone like 4 and 6 ) I can say for battery, support update and display sony always did great job. even iPhone is worse. ofcourse ipad is better in term of endurance (yeah big battery dude)

but really sony Xperia 1 make me feel excited again as this phone have one package for what I need (multimedia). it like jack of all.
if you are love photography learn using manual too. don't too much rely on auto in my opinion. and ofcourse UI sony is one what love about sony phone, nearly stock android.

ah I was forgot, tall display it will help you do multitasking in portrait. one of point to buy Xperia 1 for me

design? yeah its not futuristic looks but it so elegant and long lasting..

Shui8, 11 Jun 2019Impressive! Is it because using Manual mode or after got firmwar... moreI don't know man i hope this is real video and not a fake one from a fanboy defending Sony no matter what! I like Sony too but they need to polished their product before releasing it cause many people will have the wrong idea for their smartphone camera's

Stefanos Elin, 11 Jun 2019Woah!! They improve the camera quality in 4K and the stabilizati... moreImpressive! Is it because using Manual mode or after got firmware update?

The problem with 4k recording before are because its OIS not working well with their 5-axis EIS.

Update: So its after getting firmware updates. But the video just showing a Wide Angle camera sensor with purely using EIS, not the Main Sensor.

Woah!! They improve the camera quality in 4K and the stabilization is just awesome!! What time to be alive! Are Sony actually start listening huh?! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsZZAe0ztUM

Smebadi98, 09 Jun 2019I khow youre kinda right... But from experience i would say that... moreI have used Sony z series. I still say it bad battery for a premium price. What is sony problem any way giving big battery or be a looser in Market.

AlexP, 11 Jun 2019Stupid argumentI ditto that!! Lol

To many Sony Nay sayers on GSM!

• Optimizer

iPhone XS Max 208 g (7.34 oz)
Samsung Galaxy S10+ 175 g / 198 g (ceramic) (6.17 oz)
Huawei P30 Pro 192 g (6.77 oz)

I don't think it's heavier in the competition. don't be a hater kid.

Hdhd, 09 Jun 2019Sony always have poor design. Big bezel and small display. Now w... moreStupid argument

Guys stop complaining.. Sony don't look to design here and to battery or anything else.. They just did this phone for a new camera system that is great honestly.. But yes design seem old and battery small and bla bla bla.. But always my experience with Sony was great their phone are great and strong strong like a tank! I still own xperia z and xperia z2 and z3 and z5 and they all still working and their battery still great.. Yes old chipset mean slow phones and btw now i use mi 9 as my daily driver