Sony Xperia 10 III

Sony Xperia 10 III

I guess this phone is for the people who needs a phone , likes its design , and those who are not too obsessed with a smartphone.

For me it has a good design , great battery and most of all a very nice size. Yes it's a bit overpriced for the specs but i guess i cant find a new nice phone with compact size and okay functionality with the price between $400-500 at the moment.

Not a Sony fan but I always wanted to try one! My previous phone was a Huawei P10 and before that Nokia 8 and Microsoft(still have them both). I needed something similar in size to P10(or even smaller, but seems impossible to find nowadays with decent specs or price) so I said to give it a try. Was looking to iPhone 12 mini or Google Pixel 4a or 5 but to much compromise on those. Got it from Orange at approx. 380E with Bluetooth Headset included. Phone is very nice, premium build, fits easily in your hands but could have been shorter. I got use to it fast. If Sony would bring back some compact version with similar specs I would buy it instantly.
Battery is way better that P10, 2 days on moderate use with Mobile Data always on and 2 sim cards always on(left on 5G). It's well build, has most of the items I wanted: superb battery first of all, no notch, card slot, triple camera, IP68 rating, 5G, 3.5mm jack, NFC. I am just an occasional photographer, for me pictures are superb in day light(same was with Huawei P10). What I don't like is that phone restarts itself from time to time and it heats up when listening to online radio through mobile data and surfing the web in the same time but I guess it is normal when multitasking for such a processor. P10 was also heating up sometimes. I am not a gamer, performance for me is more than fine. Speaker is decent, nothing spectacular, was better on P10, not an issue for me since I normally listen to Bluetooth headset or Bluetooth speakers. I got few days ago one security update. For now I like it, let's see the test of time. :))

superpup, 18 Jul 2021That's just the July security update, no fix yet@superpup
Thanks for the reply do you think it's worth upgrading to the mk III even with this problem as I really like the look of the phone not worried about any other make

117, 16 Jul 2021Does anyone know if the software update ending in 70 fixes ... moreThat's just the July security update, no fix yet

Does anyone know if the software update ending in 70 fixes the green tint issue or does it still persist as I'm thinking of getting this phone as a upgrade from my Sony Xperia 10

Ivaylo.Gogov, 14 Jul 2021Battery is good and lasts for two full days of normal use l... moreNeither no games or ad's are included. And CD player is missing too. :)

Daz, 14 Jul 2021Which phone is better, this one or Moto G100?If you are a heavy mobile gamer who do value front ultrawide camera and Desktop Mode pocket PC, go for the Moto G100. If you prefer a clean design, OLED screen, and proper water resistance, go for this Xperia.

Ultraman Tiga, 09 Jul 2021Im fine with with 12MP camera and 6inch screen. But why no ... moreIf Sony put a 90Hz screen on this phone, it won't be able to reach that 137 hours of battery endurance rating. In fact, if you check out the GSMArena battery life table tool, all phones that scored better battery endurance rating than this Xperia phone only has a 60Hz screen. It does prove that a high refresh rate screen does use more battery regardless of screen panel type. As of July 2021, the smartphone with the best battery endurance rating while using an AMOLED 1080p+ high refresh rate screen is the Mediatek-powered Vivo V21.

• Daz

Which phone is better, this one or Moto G100?

• Daz

Is this phone at £400, twice as good as the £200 Realme 7 5G?

• Ivaylo.Gogov

Anonymous, 14 Jul 2021Is the phone battery good? Battery is good and lasts for two full days of normal use like calls, videos, etc. But it charges from 15% up to 90% for about two+ hours.
Today I found that there is no option of editing (clipping or rotating) photo in order to use it as a contact image. So I installed an app to do so.
Poor poor device.

Anonymous, 13 Jul 2021Typical Samsung user whining. What functionality is missing... moreTypical Sony fan attacking Samsung.

Anonymous, 07 Jul 2021I am testing this phone since yesterday and all seems fine,... moreIf you are going to wait for Sony to release a fix, be prepared to wait till next year.

Ivaylo.Gogov, 13 Jul 2021Hi! I bought Sony 10 III few weeks ago. First impression i... moreIs the phone battery good?

Ivaylo.Gogov, 13 Jul 2021Hi! I bought Sony 10 III few weeks ago. First impression i... morewhatr was the point in buying the phone with sd690 then??

Ivaylo.Gogov, 13 Jul 2021Hi! I bought Sony 10 III few weeks ago. First impression i... moreTypical Samsung user whining. What functionality is missing? What performance issuses? Samsungs phones are full of crap software, which can't disable or remove and which slows down the phone and uses a lot battery. Sony uses essential software only and users can install special, whay they need, from Google Play.

• Ivaylo.Gogov

Hi!
I bought Sony 10 III few weeks ago. First impression is of a classy phone but after just a day of using it I was disapointed. Very few options and features at all, slow charging and poor display performance. Even the camera and buit-in music player are at low end compared to what is on the market these days, especially for such a price.
I am a typical Samsung user and I tried to give Sony a chance after superior description I had read about their new series... But looks like I am going back to Samsung next time.
Cheap device advertised as something special it's not.

• Ultraman Tiga

Im fine with with 12MP camera and 6inch screen. But why no 60FPS?
Also prefer at least 90Hz screen than iP67, though iP67 way more important than 90Hz.

This phone seems will be very good phone for long turn, but due the my silly things mentioned at above I have to skip. :(

Anonymous, 01 Jul 2021I would love to buy this phone but sellers mark up the pric... moreYep, a markup on an already overpriced phone = poor sales.

Anonymous, 07 Jul 2021I am testing this phone since yesterday and all seems fine,... moreit's a bug, read more - https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/green-tint-on-oled.4289057/