Sony Xperia 10 IV

Sony Xperia 10 IV

• ?
  • t7%
  • 27 Aug 2022

PeterM, 26 Aug 2022so far I'm quite satisfied. really depends on what you... moreSD695 isn't a bad chip at all. in fact it matches the 765 in Performance, minus the 4K recording, the phone is solid, may not be bang for your buck in terms of the chipset used but if you consider all the features that it has, its a great package overall. its chipset contributes to a stellar battery life.

PeterM, 26 Aug 2022so far I'm quite satisfied. really depends on what you... more"...when you look at the battery life, IP68 rating, Gorilla glass Victus, build quality, audio jack, micro SD, compact size, you start to see the value." I agree. Also, I've used phones with slower chipsets in the past (under the Android One program) and I still use them today as backup devices. Surprisingly, they work well after resetting them to their defaults. Taking all of these into consideration, I am positive that the Xperia 10 IV will perform just fine.

I am also looking at the Pixel 5A. After comparing it with the Xperia 10 IV, the performance of the Snapdragon 695 is comparable and in some cases, better than 5A's 765G!
    SD 695 is the clear winner because of the power efficiency over the Pixel 5A's processor.

• 26 Aug 2022

Bionic Chip, 26 Aug 2022Very helpful. That's fine for me. Tiny lags are quite ... moreso far I'm quite satisfied. really depends on what you value more. it's definitely not the choice for someone who just wants to get the best hardware for the money. but when you look at the battery life, IP68 rating, Gorilla glass Victus, build quality, audio jack, micro SD, compact size, you start to see the value. its still not the best bang for buck, but not nearly as bad as some people say it is.

PeterM, 24 Aug 2022In general, the speed is okay, but I definitely wouldn'... moreVery helpful. That's fine for me. Tiny lags are quite normal. Comparing the benchmarks with Redmi Note 11 Pro, this phone is not slow at all. 😅
        Very excited to get one when it becomes available.

• 24 Aug 2022

Bionic Chip, 24 Aug 2022Good to know. This would be my next phone. I don't car... moreIn general, the speed is okay, but I definitely wouldn't call it a super snappy phone. I haven't really experienced lags when in apps, but opening apps can take a while. For example google wallet, if I open the app as I touch the phone over the terminal, the payment goes through before the GUI loads. Also theres a noticable stutter in the screen unlock animation, altho that seems to have improved since todays update.

PeterM, 24 Aug 2022If you charge fully, and dont play on it all day, it can la... moreGood to know. This would be my next phone. I don't care much on camera and the lack of 4k video recording because I found myself recording often at 1080p with my current device (Mi 10T Pro) that is capable of 8k recording because it eats a lot of storage space and overheats a lot.

I am switching from Mi to Nokia because the Xperia 10 IV has a near-stock OS, compact design, super long battery life, and 3.5mm audio jack.

How about the performance? Do you experience any annoying lags when using common apps like Gmail, camera app, or Messenger?

• 24 Aug 2022

Bionic Chip, 24 Aug 2022Probably one of the most functional phones out there. It�... moreIf you charge fully, and dont play on it all day, it can last 3 days. I use battery care function to charge it only 80%, and last 2 days between charges with my usage.

• 24 Aug 2022

Nick, 23 Aug 2022Can anyone confirm that it is made in Japan? iirc the box said it's made in China (I bought in EU), only developed in Japan. but it might be region dependent.

Probably one of the most functional phones out there. It's compact. Plus, the battery life is dependable and might last up to 3 days. The hardware protection is also reliable. Sony is also clever for not removing the 3.5 audio jack.

The OS is simply functional without ugly skins or UI modifications. The cameras are quite a let-down, but for regular users, it's just enough.

• d
                    • dude1
                    • IV@
                    • 23 Aug 2022

frazze, 23 Aug 2022It recently came out to stores so I think the price will go... morei really doubt that will happen around in my region. they still selling 10 III at the sams price as last year. Oh, and they changes the freebies that comes with the phone from a quite decent bluetooth earbuds to portable bluetooth speaker that costs less.

And yeah, the price keep going up each year with minimum improvements.

It recently came out to stores so I think the price will go down if you have patience... In my country you can get it for 3490 SEK now (~329 USD).

• N
                        • Nick
                        • M4R
                        • 23 Aug 2022

Can anyone confirm that it is made in Japan?

• iL9
                          • 22 Aug 2022

Sin, 20 Aug 2022Not enough ram This phone should of had 8gb ram Big f... moreQuality in not measured only in GHz and GB, I find many advantages in this phone although it's I bit expensive indeed

• b
                            • bonobo
                            • pwF
                            • 22 Aug 2022

I'm looking to replace my ageing S10e and was looking into this and it's kind of meh...
                            Size seems decent though and I like the fact that it has jack, micro SD and seems to have great battery but not being able to do 4k video in 2022 when s10e could do it in 2019 seems a little bit off putting. I'm also not very convinced with camera quality, chipset, ram and disk space... for this price which is not low. shame Sony probably won't unveal 5 IV this year...

• ?
                              • v@H
                              • 22 Aug 2022

dude1, 21 Aug 2022Should I buy this? I found some discount and coupon, it cos... moreIf battery life and a more compact size are what you value, then go for it.

• pUg
                                • 21 Aug 2022

dude1, 21 Aug 2022Should I buy this? I found some discount and coupon, it cos... moreI see that Amazon got 2 of the Lavender version for $389 in stock, I think chipset is good enough for average usage but maby not for a heavy gamer ...I like the slim size and weight on this model and cheaper phones are often big like tablets today.

• d
                                    • dude1
                                    • IV@
                                    • 21 Aug 2022

Should I buy this? I found some discount and coupon, it costs me around 430 US dollars. Other phone with 778G+ chipset is around 300 US dollars. I'm intrigued to find out what is so special about xperia.

• pUg
                                      • 20 Aug 2022

• S
                                        • Sin
                                        • 0Fj
                                        • 20 Aug 2022

Not enough ram
                                        This phone should of had 8gb ram

Big failure for this price range with ram amount