Sony Xperia 1 III

Sony Xperia 1 III

Stanley Kubrick, 28 Aug 2021Why Nova? I use it so I can relate...but is not the Sony la... moreSince you use Nova, I'm sure you get it. I use it because I love all the integrated shortcuts and being able to get to whatever I want simply and easily. It should be the standard setup, although I get that people like simplified. Although having an app drawer of 300 different things is not simple IMO.

I tried a remap of the Google Assistant button with Assist Manager which has worked on previous devices. No go. Do the remap, but when pushing the button, it pops up a screen saying "set google as the default assist...." so they obviously have some system-level code that can't be overridden at this point.

And are you wondering if there's an automatic reboot that can be done nightly? I haven't looked into that, but could check. On your phone, there's a setting for that? Where is it buried? I can check.

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impression... moreWhy Nova? I use it so I can relate...but is not the Sony launcher any good?
Can the dedicated assistant button be remapped...somehow? Is there a setting allowing the phone to schedule power on from completely off? Everyone say it cannot be done but I have it on my OnePlus 8T and it works great...so it CAN be done.

*deleted*

I'd like to know how is the flashlight. It's useful or not? On XZ or Z3 you can't see almost nothing with it. Can't even film in the night.

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impression... moreNice to hear your enthusiasm.
It was always a thing that One has to be an actual user to appreciate why a Sony phone is one of the best products on the market.
Rews tend to ommit so much appreciable stuff, that user actually finds out only when holding and using the phone.
Just remember to give its AI some 2 weeks time to adapt its battery usage and charging to your app usage scenario. I suggest doing some batterylife tweaks also, and keep it at 60 hz for starters.

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impression... moreCongrats my dude. I certainly can't wait to get it on my hands but...I have to wait 2 weeks still.

Phone in hand, but only since last night! First impressions, I'm thrilled. I remember my old LG V30 that I absolutely loved, and it died, so I went to the G8 which had decent reviews at the time. Figured it wouldn't be much of a different feel and experience from the V30, but it always just felt like a phone, nothing that I got much enjoyment from. This phone brings back the excitement of the V30 and then some.

The operation is insanely smooth. And the screen is positively gorgeous. And it's fast. I really can't believe how much quicker this is than the 855 from the G8. I haven't had nearly enough time to play around with most of the settings. The sound quality from the front speakers is impressive, with equal true stereo. Wireless with the WF-1000XM3's is exceptional. Best wireless experience I've had. Haven't had time to see how they drive my Bose 700's yet. Looking forward to that.

There are a ton of little settings to tweak and mess around with. I'm running Nova Launcher Prime as my launcher, and it works well. In fact, all of the Sony-specific settings and toys (like side sense) are still available within the launcher. My brother sent me a songlist from Tidal that is specific for the 360 sound, and the experience is amazing, even with the wireless XM3's.

No overheating issues with games and the like, just got one notification on initial setup and downloading of apps that the phone was heating up, but it didn't feel hot to me. Initial impressions, I'm thrilled. Absolutely could not be happier and more excited with my decision. Slapped a 512 card in there, can download and store as much Hi-Def music as I want for use away from Wifi and the like. Absolutely zero regrets.

• ...

Sony produces excellent image sensors for the best flagship smartphones of other brands. Sony's Alpha series cameras are of the best in the world. BUT Sony doesn't achieve to make a competitive smartphone camera setup with its own leading know-how and smartphone image sensors? INCOMPETENT or PIECEMEAL STRATEGY?

When 4k 144hz display will be released by sony?

Mangoon, 27 Aug 2021US version. No 512gb available.So... freakin' tempting...lol.

Dometalican, 27 Aug 2021But is it the US version? Or global?US version. No 512gb available.

Fanto, 26 Aug 2021Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adoram... moreBut is it the US version? Or global?

RKgeek, 26 Aug 2021How does the Sony Xperia 1 Mark III compare to Samsung Gala... moreCompare meaning what, exactly? As you've seen here, there's a lot of talk about features of the phone that some people really want. I get that there's people that absolutely would prefer the Samsung. But if you believe that the 1 II was superior to the S20, I believe the same reasons would hold now, with the caveat that the S21 has greater zoom capabilities than the S20, and arguably 1 III. I think it's a matter of what you want from your phones.

Fanto, 26 Aug 2021Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adoram... moreExcellent! And congratulations. Mine is to be delivered today. Like waiting for Christmas morning around here...

• Fanto

Cancelled my order on Amazon and ordered it again in Adorama....and they already shipped the phone.

Anonymous, 26 Aug 2021Did anyone receive this phone in the US? I ordered on July ... moreYup, just received it today. Pre-ordered as soon as it was available on Sony's online store

Did anyone receive this phone in the US? I ordered on July 2 on Amazon, today, I received an email saying it was postponed to September 13.

RKgeek, 26 Aug 2021How does the Sony Xperia 1 Mark III compare to Samsung Gala... moreYes it is but bit to expensive

rizki1, 26 Aug 2021launched in april, released in august great job sony.Sony Mobile has less market share then Samsung mobile and Huaweii and we are in a Covid 19 pandemic and silicone shortage.

Anonymous, 24 Aug 2021Agree, 5G is useless unless 5G SA becomes a standard5G not useless the MM wave isn't used outside USA only Sub 6GHZ