Sony Xperia 1 III

Sony Xperia 1 III

Anyone know if the camera sensors are the same, improved or different? I hope to see more detail resolved with the 1 III.

S21 ultra by gsmarena test looks more promising battery

Anonymous, 17 Apr 2021All I know is Samsung does planned obsolescence very well t... moreSamsung has terrible battery care
Even, my brother in law changed the battery on S10 2 years later and the new battery is more worse than old one
I had s2 and s7 edge and s8+ and I confirm that Samsung has bad batteries

Anonymous, 17 Apr 2021All I know is Samsung does planned obsolescence very well t... moreand don't forget those piece of crap exynos, samsung always make e-waste

• not a sony fan

Brave man, 17 Apr 2021I don't know why Selfie and main camera still so weak ... moreFast AF with 3D iToF sensor
The Xperia 1 III features a 12 MP sensor, which offers reading speeds up to 3x faster than smartphone cameras with higher megapixel counts, and a 3D iToF sensor, which instantly calculates the distance between the camera and your subject. The result is fast, accurate autofocus in any scene.

(https://www.sony.com/electronics/smartphones/xperia-1m3)

• anonymous

What really drives me crazy are those stupid hybrid zoom numbers. They even stopped mentioning optical magnification on stage. They just throw you these random 90X or 120X numbers, whatever pleases the audience the most. Nevermind that the quality is potato with such big numbers, because ots not optical. It's just stupid! And I'm tired of pretending it's not!
I could have just cropped my image in photo editor down to one pixel and say that it is 10000X zoom

beep bop boop, 17 Apr 2021GSMArena, you better review this phoneThey will do it don't worry. They are probably waiting for final software.

Alpha22, 17 Apr 2021You clearly hate those two brands obviously. I love xiaomi ... moreAll I know is Samsung does planned obsolescence very well that's why they're on top in terms of sale. I've used the S2 all the way to S9+ and Samsung is very smart about batteries, which degrades rapidly after a year, updates that slows the phone to a crawl right before EOL and motherboard that dies after 1.5-2 years

I don't know why Selfie and main camera still so weak 8 and 12 MP is not satisfing costumer
we need it to be 64 or at least 48 mp it's really make me sad about you Sony.

Wild, 17 Apr 2021I can't believe no one mentioned this, but this is the... moreWell, No wonder Sony claims worlds best smartphone design awards each and every year.
This yr 1 II and 5 II picked the crop too.
Sony knows tech design.

• Wild

I can't believe no one mentioned this, but this is the only flagship in 2021 without a MASSIVE camera hump.

Niko, 15 Apr 2021Where is GSMArena getting the US version having mmwave supp... moreIt's unfortunately not on Sony's official site but it was like this last year. We were able to see the 5G bands from the site (even when surfing in the US) and when the 1 Mark ii was released, they disappeared (considering the US version didn't have 5G).

If it is the same, I can only hope we see mmWave (and hopefully 5G bands 12 and 25 for T-Mobile future-proofing) as the phone gets released.

Asphalt-nation, 16 Apr 2021I hope what happened to the Xperia 1 II's opinions spa... moreIts called astroturfing. A web propagnda machine of last decade or so.

• Alpha22

Anonymous, 17 Apr 2021This isn't true. Both this and the Mi 11 Ultra along w... moreYou clearly hate those two brands obviously. I love xiaomi and sony but samsung and apple both have high quality of hardware and software components plus the customer support, those are some of the reasons why they have many sales and stay at the top of smartphone industry.

• atb

I think the new Xperia 1 iii is a good upgrade from the allready excellent 1 mark 2 which i have since 10 month it ticks all the boxes someone could ask for there is nothing that i miss so far you got a bigger battery 120 refresh rate and iam sure the swreen will be brigther the camera has been upgradet and 12 megapixels on all 3 cameras or more then good enough there is no need for 108 MP becourse it dos nt give you better result and 8 k video is for now still overkill becourse most people dont have 8 k tv yet and if Sony prices this one rigth they will have winner here.

beep bop boop, 16 Apr 2021because they know damn well that a company like Sony is mak... moreThis isn't true. Both this and the Mi 11 Ultra along with the Lenovo Legion Duel are the best phones whether people like it or not. Samsung and Apple has fallen very far behind but winning only in sales cause people still cling to status symbols and have outdated understanding

RGcloudS, 16 Apr 2021Haha right? These guys are helpless Not even free schoolar... moreblame those youtubers too who thinks about money and views and not really know about technology...
they are the ones mostly say that "higher is better" so people are chasing numbers...

I know mmWave was left out of Sony's website but it's like last year when even the US site showed the 5G bands despite it eventually not come with 5G for the US (that was the worst).

Hoping once the pre-orders open, we see mmWave and added 5G bands of 25 and 12 (T-Mobile future-proofing).

GSMArena, you better review this phone

ASL, 15 Apr 2021Tell me 1 reason to buy this over oppo find x3 pro. I know ... moreXperia 1II was not a disaster at all, actually it did things in camera department that X2 Pro coundn't.