Sony Xperia 1 III

Sony Xperia 1 III

NavyBoats843, 15 May 2021I think what's holding the Mi 11 Ultra back for some i... moreDitto. With LG out of the picture, Sony's the only flagship offering all of the hardware for the price.

Huawei Photographic, 15 May 2021What about burst mode in raw? Does it works? Is it still Lu... moreGood question. Well the buffer for jpeg is 200 pics and raw aren't 10 times bigger, so it would seem possible. But then again part of those 200 pics will have already been written. So I would think it possible to take a burst of 20 fps in raw but probably only for 1 or 2 seconds at the most. There are other factors to consider of course. Hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than me on this subject can elaborate further

• Huawei Photographic

What about burst mode in raw? Does it works? Is it still Lumia 950xl the only cameraphone that supports 20 raw+jpg photos in burst mode?

Well I have ordered the case, just need to phone to go on sale now. I don't usually buy a phone before reading all of the reviews, but after seeing the mark ii reviews and my previous experiences with xperia phones I am confident enough to preorder when possible

Dometalican, 15 May 2021The Xperia isn't out yet so we don't know yet. Ha... moreI think what's holding the Mi 11 Ultra back for some is the lack of expandable storage. I know I was just about to buy it, but realized they didn't offer it.

I might be tempted with this phone, and that's only because it still have expandable storage unlike most of the newer flagships.

Wow. Your clearly don't read the full statement right. I am comparing SONY to Lamborghini which is most reliable Super-car brand. I specified that repeatedly. SONY is most reliable smartphone brand and Lamborghini is most reliable super-car brand. That is what I said.

You are repeating my point quoting that I am wrong. That is funny.

Dometalican, 15 May 2021The Xperia isn't out yet so we don't know yet. Ha... morePlus if you know anything about photography or would rather have computational imaging do it for you

• Maxlol

KING DRANZER, 14 May 2021Well SONY is not only reliable but also packs in highest qu... moreHello? Playstation? how reliable?
And that is one product by Sony i think you got it all mixed up with another company my friend I have Playstation 1 that is still working and a very old Sony/Ericsson phone that is still working
Sony is very reliable I would buy anything from them just like Samsung and many other old electronics Asian companies.

Roger Burgess, 15 May 2021What is better this phone or the Xiaomi mi 11 ultraThe Xperia isn't out yet so we don't know yet. Hardware-wise, it REALLY depends on if you need the headphone jack, microSD card slot, 4K@120Hz display, and/or simpler UI. If you don't care for those things, you'd probably be better off with the Mi 11 ultra.

What is better this phone or the Xiaomi mi 11 ultra

KING DRANZER, 14 May 2021Well SONY is not only reliable but also packs in highest qu... moreI have some Sony products that are many years old and they still work just fine

Anonymous , 14 May 2021I disagree with the choice and order. SONY - Lexus: they... moreWell SONY is not only reliable but also packs in highest quality material. Which is similar to Lamborghini. Lexus quality is no where near as high as Lamborghini.

KING DRANZER, 13 May 2021Nah you are off. In super car world. SONY - Lamborghini... moreLamborghini with a boxy design?? Lol

Rohit, 13 May 2021When Can I please get one .... No one seems to give me an a... moreMid June 2021

KING DRANZER, 13 May 2021Okay I will explain why I matched up Smartphone brands to S... moreI disagree with the choice and order.

SONY - Lexus: they have plenty of aggressive and fast cars like the LFA, I wish I could also add the legendary and equally reliable Honda NSX 1st gen that was made following the advice of such legends like.... I dunno - Ayrton Senna, but I digress.

Ad for the others I don't really care to add comparison.

• David

Xperia 1 iii or S21 Ultra (exyons) ?

That's pure gold. Well done.

Persios, 13 May 2021Explain 🧐Okay I will explain why I matched up Smartphone brands to Super-car brands the way I did.

SONY - Lamborghini:
Lamborghini is the most reliable super-car brand with lowest breakdown rate amongst high performance machines. Low maintenance cost over long period of time. High on quality. Since the time when Lamborghini initially started manufacturing cars it always produced which was exceptional. Time and again it destroyed its direct competitor which is Ferrari. Similarly SONY XPERIA Lineup is the most reliable brand out there.

Apple - Ferrari:
Initially reliable but good possibility or landing the consumer with high maintenance cost over long period of time. High on quality. The name value and tied up loyal customers. Let it be Ferrari or Apple the name carries weight irrelevant of how they perform like literally even if Ferrari ends up producing a car which is the slowest of the bunch still it will be Ferrari and the Ferrari loyal customers and the people who really don't care for performance but want the bragging rights and want to be noticed will purchase it. Similar to Ferrari after a decent time of usage of Apple iPhone the maintenance hits hard on budget with requirement of battery replacement.

SAMSUNG - McLaren:
This is the best match-up I guess. Super-car brand with worst failure rate to the extent that it get trolled badly. High on quality. High on maintenance cost over time. But is mostly swapped out for a new one by its owner in short period of time. McLaren had Legendary F1 and SAMSUNG had epic lineup till Galaxy S3 and Note 2 and in both the cases hype created back then is what keeping the brands alive right now. Because back when F1 was out there was nothing as good as it by a long shot and that is what created the impression of McLaren being the best and now even when its so low on reliability its being carried on with the image it set back then. Just imagine if there was no F1 McLaren would already have been forgotten. Similarly when the Epic S3 Note 2 were out back then there was nothing as good by a long shot. So after that even though SAMSUNG became so extremely unreliable people still buy that because of what it was back then. Because if SASUNG delivered this unreliable devices in its initial run SAMSUNG would have quit like LG but long time ago.

OnePlus - Porsche:
Porsche which is decently reliable and known for having Exceptionally good quality even on its large production volumes similar to what OnePlus does. Very Good on quality. Low on maintenance cost over time. Comparatively reasonably priced for what it offers in Performance and Quality. Does perform reasonably well for what it costs. Time to time it releases limited edition models which is directly in competition to best out there. OnePlus does the same thing. It is decently reliable delivers great performance and is priced well.

ASUS - Corvette:
Decent on Reliability and low maintenance cost. Good on quality. Corvette's intention is to deliver high tier performance in a good quality budget package. It does that. It's performance hits well above its budget range. Similarly ASUS provides top tier performance in a budget package. It goes good tier or two up when it comes to performance while cutting few corners in other areas.

Xiaomi - Mustang:
Decently Reliable but also dependent on how hard it is being pushed. Because if pushed real hard most of the time the failure rate increases tremendously. Good on quality. Low on maintenance cost. So take care of it and it will last good but if you push it to limit continuously it breaks. Same is the case with Xiaomi just don't push the phone to limit and it works fine. But if under stress it lags and crashes crazy.

Oppo - Acura:
Good on reliability and is low on maintenance. Good on quality. But is over priced for what it has to offer. At that point one is better off purchasing Porsche. For the performance and quality it has to offer it is over priced. Similarly Oppo has been over pricing its phones. Because for the Performance and Quality it has to offer one would rather pick better proven OnePlus or even SONY, Apple or SAMSUNG.

Seriously the similarities between Smartphone and Super-car brands are crazy.