Sony Xperia 5 II

Sony Xperia 5 II

Anonymous, 24 Sep 2020Xperia 1 has motion eye sensor. 5, 1 ii and 5ii do not. the 5 II does have eye-sensing.

Lack of wireless charging was a big oversight IMO. I was ready to pull the trigger on this phone regardless, pending initial reviews. My current phone, LG G8 has all the audio specs I want along with an aux jack. The problem has been that the screen simply isn't bright enough in bright sunlight. Living in Hawaii, yeah, that's an issue for me. How disappointing to see that the screen brightness on the 5 II is actually LESS than that of my current phone.... Back to the drawing board for me.

The features are very good. I'm glad Sony included a 3.5mm earphone Jack. But the phone should have been released this month at a price of around 700 dollars.

Excalibur, 20 Sep 2020The deal breaker here is the storage type. Ufs 3.0=no; ufs ... moreUFS is just the interface, same as SATA, NVME X2, NVME X4

What matter is the chip inside

Good SSD chip @ pcie x2 slot will still faster than bad SSD chip @ pcie x4 slot,
Same as, Good UFS chip @ UFS 3.0 will still faster than BAD UFS chip @ UFS 3.1

• Steve

I'm strongly considering this versus Pixel 5.

And the funny thing is... that is mostly due to the LED notification.

• Shakib

impressive πŸ‘
hopefully they will preach well

• pan

impressive endurance rating for a 4000mah powered phone...

• Real Price

Anonymous, 27 Sep 2020How much should this phone be without the "hyper infla... moreProbably 800 euros considering almost every spec and the build quality is top of the line. Even things you don't think about, such as the amplifier for the front-facing stereo speakers, is a quality dedicated component that is designed to last and provide the best experience. The small things always matter with Xperia devices.

How much should this phone be without the "hyper inflated" price?

• Rose

Sony when are you going to support band 71

MRDA, 18 Sep 2020I was excited when I read the specs and saw it was a "... moreThey call it compact because the screen is only 6.1’’ but with these large bezels, it is actually quite a tall phone. Screen to body ratio is poor unfortunately.

• Ali Sanan

Antutu benchmark are not meet to snapdragon 865

• Bridinho10

J, 24 Sep 2020I have it and its greatπŸ‘πŸ‘How is the camera in comparison to the Huaweis?
What about the music player and the device speed?

notjowy, 24 Sep 2020Well, considering that Sony also supports up to 3 years of ... morewhat do you think about upgradeable to Android 11? is it means 1 major update will be lost? or it still get +3 update to Android 14?

• hamid reza sadeghi

great phone nice design

• kamal

i have already a beautiful xz1c phone.love my xz1c love love.

• J

Anonymous, 22 Sep 2020Nobody has this phone yet. Shipping starts late october f... moreI have it and its greatπŸ‘πŸ‘

• notjowy

emika, 24 Sep 2020Compared Pixel 5 to Xperia 5 II, which device that worth fo... moreWell, considering that Sony also supports up to 3 years of Android updates and this device has 8 GB of RAM and a Snapdragon 865 I would say that this phone would last more than 3 years with no problems at all.

It looks like a brilliant phone but I am not sure about the aspect ratio, specially when in landscape mode.