Sony Xperia M5

Sony Xperia M5

• RJA (Philippines)

My Xperia m5 works very well. This is the second batch of m5 released by sony. for more than a month of usage, it did not bring me any problem. Nice camera!

Anne, 25 Feb 2016Auto shutdown problem. The worst. Try switch the mobile networks to 2G

AnonD-504096, 25 Feb 2016Wanna buy a phone... But I m totally confused about which phone ... moreDont buy sony xperia m5...its a useless fon...i bot mine in january and its giving me and other users problems.
1. It switches of on its own even if the battery is 100%.
2. For you to switch it on, you have to put it on the charger first.
I lost a job interview because of this phone. It switched off whilst i was talking to the HR...was far from a charger...couldnt switch it on.

Go for samsung

hr.cha, 24 Feb 2016actually i really want to buy this phone. cz the spec is good s... moreI live in Indonesia and use my xperia m5 in almost 3 months and the only problem I get are the "2 days battery life" and "waterproof" fraud. I mean I constantly spark water to the screen and it becomes wild and uncontrollable by tapping it self up without my fingertip on it and goes crazy, until I lock the phone, clean the screen to dry and unlock (turn the screen) it back on.

Other than that, it's a dream come true smartphone.

Greg, 26 Feb 2016Well... M5 is now about 370 euros, z2 also about 370 and Z3 is a... moreBut front camera only 2.2. It is so ridiculous.

• musavvir

• Excnos

Anne, 25 Feb 2016Auto shutdown problem. The worst. Same auto shutdown on my z1c!!! when I use the camera there's always a notif that the phone is overheating when it's not even warm to touch so I can't start the app!!! -_-

• Greg

AnonD-504096, 25 Feb 2016Wanna buy a phone... But I m totally confused about which phone ... moreWell... M5 is now about 370 euros, z2 also about 370 and Z3 is about 400. So... Go for Z3. It might not be the newest like M5, but it belongs to flagship series and it is a bit stronger version of Z2 so dont be cheap for just 8% of a price. And if you get Z2 or Z3 go for android 5.1.1 ... it works the best with these 2 phones.

Wanna buy a phone... But I m totally confused about which phone may I select among Xperia M5, Xperia Z2, Xperia Z3... Plz suggest someone...

• Anne

Auto shutdown problem. The worst.

I also experienced auto shutdown problem. I updated it 5.1 still problem not fixed. I did factory reset and now its been 2days that my phone didn't had a auto shutdown problem anymore. My network sets on LTE. Hope the problem with auto shutdown will not recur anymore.

• Dr No

hr.cha, 24 Feb 2016actually i really want to buy this phone. cz the spec is good s... moredo not buy the sony m5. auto shut-down is very real and very inconvenient. the only way to boot up again is connection to a charger. i repeat; do not buy this phone under any circumstances, it is a complete lemon.

• Abhishek

I have purchased Sony M5. Had really bad experience with Sony mobile. Automatically shutdown, Back camera is below average, 4K records only green pixels, lags etc etc....

For shutdown issue my handset was swapped 3 times but still Sony guys couldn't find the root cause for the issue ..
After some research on Web I found that if we select GSM network than handset will not shutdown automatically but if we select other than Gms network the handset will automatically switch off...
I asked Sony ppl at Mumbai, they said its nothing like that you need to remove unwanted software and buy new sim card the handset will be normal.
After that comment I have never visited service centre again.
Now planning to sell this crab..

• James

The Sony M5 is rubbish, switching off when there's no network. Sometimes I feel like tramping this piece of crap.

I'm taking the phone back to MTN. I never battled like this.

• hr.cha

actually i really want to buy this phone.
cz the spec is good so far, and the design so elegant.
I was so hesitant because the auto shutdown problem.
there is any user from indonesia? i need some review.

oiver, 21 Feb 2016Can I really go for Sony xperia m5 or Sony xperia c5? M5 :)

Anonymous, 21 Feb 2016Z3 is the best Sony phone.Ya...

only those people are not stisfied with this phone are the problem....

Xperia M5 review:
Using this phone since 3 months.
Pros
Nice built & feel, V Good camera (front & back), Display, music, speakers, and other basic features.

Con:
1. Phone was getting randomly switch off and would not turn ON using power button at mobile. To turn it on usb needs to be connected in charging mode.
ISSUE RESOLVED: Visited Sony repair centre, had to leave phone there for 3-4 days and problem get resolved. Their comment was "updated battery software".
using since two weeks w/o any issue.

• Rahman

Sony m5 is good but battery is very very bad