Sony Xperia Pro

Sony Xperia Pro

Me2, 25 Mar 2021The cellphone is great for someone who knows how to use it&... moreWhat is HDMI port and 4k view finder

• AnT

Anonymous, 14 Mar 2021This phone is so weird. Spec seems so underwhelming but I ... moreFor the camera, camera quality depends on A LOT more than just how many MP it is.

• AnT

Anonymous, 15 Mar 2021Advertisement costs. And I don't think they've k... moreThat is why OnePlus is now gotten so pricey. They partnered with Hasselblad, which next model will probably make a bigger difference there, AND they started Pricey Ad Campaigns.

That is exactly what drove Samsung's prices Through the Roof so Early on

• joe

Imagine actually thinking this is targeted at the average consumer so you go on about "muh price!" and "muh plastic case" - boohoo, it's a photography and filming accessory lmao

• Me2

beep bop boop, 21 Mar 2021this phone is a BEAST. name me another phone that can: a... moreThe cellphone is great for someone who knows how to use it's extra features. If it's clearly not for you

• I NEED MONEY

too expensive for its quality.i would prefer s21 ultra or iphone 12 pro max.its even plastic back and plastic frame .total waste of resourceas for me

Dometalican, 20 Mar 2021Thanks for actually researching why this is priced the way ... morethis phone is a BEAST. name me another phone that can:

act as a battery bank for ur camera
act as a viewfinder with a live full frame 4K feed
transcode and send ur video to the cloud via 5G mmWave and stream on Twitch or YouTube
have a Micro-HDMI port
HAVE AN SD CARD! AT THIS PRICE!
still be thin
im pretty sure this is cheaper than other external 4K viewfinders in the market

Openjaws, 08 Mar 2021So far after reading what this phone can do it's a gem... moreThanks for actually researching why this is priced the way it is. I'm no vlogger/content creator so it's not for me but it's a God-Send for streamers, those that work with networks like ESPN and Fox Sports, and those that work in the concert/music industry.

• Nick

Stan, 16 Mar 2021Just look for the RAM and ROM, which explain such price... ... moreI don't see how is this phone better than a £1000 (now less) 2019 model phone - Note10+ 5G. It has a little better PPI and a headphone jack. Perhaps I'm missing something.

• cabeza1021

Sony Mobile, please bring your Xperia line back to the Philippine shore. I am stuck with your 2018 XA2 Plus phone. I want my next phone to be Sony again and don't want other brands even if they have the best price per specs.

• STEALTH

Sony, please sell Xperia to Philippines. Please make your battery a bit higher not less than 5000mah, 5500-6000mah would be nice and a bit fast charger 30-50W. And also a higher mega pixel on camera and a faster speed than 12RAM for your next phone release. No need to be attached to those DSLR so the phone price will not be that much. Thank you so much Sony.

Dominick Cruz, 16 Mar 2021I hope next phone in Sony Xperia have this following featur... moresnapdragon 888 = 4K@60 Hz screen

• Dominick Cruz

I hope next phone in Sony Xperia have this following features:-
1. OLED 144Hz display
2. 5000 mAh battery with 30W fast charge
3. Dedicated SD card slot
4. Considering it has a flat bezel 12MP, f/1.7 (wide) + 12MP, f/2.4 (telephoto) + 12MP, f/2.2 (ultrawide) selfie camera will be good.

• Stan

Just look for the RAM and ROM, which explain such price... For those who thinks that this phone is overpriced, only I don't pulling so much hope in a battery, for my previous experience with a Sony battery is a very weak comparing it with a Samsung with a same capacity...

Ruthless973, 25 Feb 2021sony should advertise their smartphones more. it's alm... moreAdvertisement costs.
And I don't think they've kept much profit.
What they should do, I think, is more globalization, but I guess there's legacy inside the company.
Keeping their legacy is good, but they still need to adopt to global, or else they can't invest much.
I am not sure what exactly is their problem, but I've seen this kind of Japanese companies - most of them aren't doing well these days.

22niro, 14 Mar 2021Why weird? It has the same, or perhaps better sensor than t... moreWeird because most Android phone with similar spec on paper is slower than iPhone 12.
I suspect Sony has an advanced tweaking mechanism, but I have no idea.

• YogiBear83

y75, 04 Mar 2021The phone should be 700$iPhone 12 Pro and S20 should be 600 USD max.

• aksu

plastic wonder what got obliterated in jerryrigs test "pro"

Why weird? It has the same, or perhaps better sensor than the apple one. Optics, again same or better. I'd say probably better. An enthusiast could squeeze out tremendous bang from this device, in every category, including audio (no jack on apple!). Apple has the upper hand only in computing power as of now, and perhaps raw gaming performance. The Adreno is not far behind anyway. I highly doubt your mission in life is to squeeze out that extra 10-15 fps on top of the 50, and be glued to the mobile screen all day running around in virtual maps, in which case you might first want to reassess your life priorities.

This phone is so weird.
Spec seems so underwhelming but I saw on youtube this phone and the other with similar spec xperia 1 II or something beating iphone 12 pro max both in performance and camera.
Probably it's optimized well or hardware quality is especially good