Sony Xperia XZ

Sony Xperia XZ

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2016Guys .. i just bought my xz today !! 45 sec fullhd video recordi... moreIf you tried recording video during or just after the initial set up process (when the device is likley to be running on the warm side anyway) then you could run into that issue in that kind of time frame.

During normal operation though, the XZ can go for a good while longer at full HD 30fps before that pops up, but pop up it will.

At 1080p60 or 4k, you'll get that issue frequently, thats just the way it has been on high ends Xperi's for some time now (believe it or not the XZ is better in this regard than recent generations).

Oh, and your likley about to be accused of trolling and have the validity of your post questioned for raising such an issue.....welcome to the Sony pages :)

• Bishoy

Anonymous, 19 Dec 2016after i sold my iphone 5s and asus zenfone max! MAN!!! i am real... moreAs you were using Iphone 5s, Ciuld you please advise me which device Should I buy Sony Xperia XZ or Iphone 5s?

Guys .. i just bought my xz today !! 45 sec fullhd video recording let temprature raise warning pop up ?! What is the problem ?

• Well Done!

Bravo Sony! You managed to make it to the top! Proud Xz user.

• lola emon

Anonymous, 19 Dec 2016Yes, I agree with you. When everything make by Japanese it will ... moreWtf? Princess punt? Lol you call it better than angry bird?
It's a copycat game, artwork is sooo ugly, the animation also ugly, and optimized for xperia only, crashed on many many non-experia devices. That is the most terrible copycat game i've ever tried.

Anonymous, 21 Dec 2016yes. because of note7 boom fiasco. not surprising, meh.XZ didn't compete with the Note7, both are targeted to different audiences. xz is a mainstream smartphone, Note 7 is a phablet.

AnonD-391800, 21 Dec 2016Yess, XZ best selling flag of second half 2016. Cheers indeed! ... moreyes. because of note7 boom fiasco. not surprising, meh.

AnonD-608546, 21 Dec 2016Now that's Sony back in the game, Cheers..!!Yess, XZ best selling flag of second half 2016.
Cheers indeed!
Sony deserves it :-)

AnonD-391800, 21 Dec 2016Yesss! XZ hit the soft spot: http://www.xperiablog.net/2016/... moreNow that's Sony back in the game, Cheers..!!

Anonymous, 19 Dec 2016after i sold my iphone 5s and asus zenfone max! MAN!!! i am real... moreI'm in Team forest blue here and indeed I agree with you and glad to recommend anyone who is going for next upgrade of mobile handset.

[deleted post].......Yes

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2016The Flashingdroid test the XZ and pixels, the XZ have the better... moreWouldn't say that clip really 'tests' anything, its more or less just a montage of shots and footage presented with background music, the purpose of which would appear to be of allowing the viewer to draw their own conclusions.

Asides from the well reported on issues with flaring, the Pixels have an apparently very competent HDR mode, so much so that it is the standard shooting mode in their app. Now haven't used one myself so can't comment to that end, but can I ask what you mean by 'go blackout' ?

Lex79, 20 Dec 2016Yes DXOMark have thus far rated the pixel highest, wish people w... moreThe Flashingdroid test the XZ and pixels, the XZ have the better auto HDR, the pixels just go blackout.

Thus Sony flagship Beast of Beasts cell!!!

Alien , 20 Dec 2016I think that lately people care too much what is the camera perf... moreGood for you,

Some people laugh when they see 'Sd card support', 'easily unlockable bootloader' or 'night vision capability' in a list of preferences, that last one especially when it is included in the same post as:

"I think that lately people care too much what is the camera performance of a smartphone."

look at that, you've made me chuckle also.

• Alien

When I choose a phone, my requirements are:
- Best processor from SnapDragon (no MediaTek)
- SD Card slot
- Waterproof
- how easy it is to root the specific model (having a non-rooted android phone is simply insulting to me)
- How easy it is to unlock the bootloader

If just one category is missing or not fitting my needs I'm not interested in that model anymore.
The only camera I would be interested in world be if it was made by FLIR (night vision or thermal camera).
This is why when I see people commenting about camera quality or audio speakers I just laugh :))

Anonymous, 20 Dec 2016Dxomark give the highest mark in 2016, but you can see the XZ is... moreYes DXOMark have thus far rated the pixel highest, wish people would stop putting at their stock into what DXOMark say.

In any event, that clip is also subjective, it assumes little and proves less.

The biggest problem I have with the XZ camera is that I have already got the dreaded 'this app will close until the device cools down' message.

And that was whilst shooting at 1080p 60fps (my preferred shooting mode) in a castle in the uk at evening time during the middle winter!

With no other devices (different Xperie's I have used excepted) have I ever had that problem.

Yes the video camera abilities of the XZ are pretty good, but there is that major caveat as usual, Sony have improved on but not eradicated this issue.

Lex79, 20 Dec 2016'Camera is fine for me' and you've just hit the nail on the head... moreDxomark give the highest mark in 2016, but you can see the XZ is better.