Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

• Sudi

Hi all. I need help choosing between these phones based on good camera, speed/smoothness and battery life. Which one is best for heavy social media and a bit gaming.. and which one heats most?

1. z5 compact
2. X compact
3. Samsung A3
4. Samsung A5
5. iPhone SE

AnonD-617129, 04 Dec 2016Hate The Phone. This is my 3rd z5c. And screen cracked again bec... moreYou are not alone, the Sony quality issues are still severe despite fanboys denial. I changed to iphone and the SE is so superior in every way, even battery is better in real life use, much more powerful and yet no bad heating, better display (color temperature of current xperias is a big joke) and of course true premium build plus maximum
control over app permisions and privacy. Finally, signal quality, no phone bests SE in LTE reception quality, signsl is stable where others cant lock on. As a compact phone enthusiast i can confidently state that there is only one premium compact phone on the market, the SE.

People are saying the X Compact is superior in every way to the Z5c except for 4K video which the X Compact doesn't offer. Have you all gone mad? No way I am ditching 4K video. Otherwise, I would have just kept my Z1c. And don't get me started on the Open Camera app. That piece of junk can't even do simple stuff like change the ISO. My quick test on my Z5c was way overexposed even after adjusting the brightness to the lowest setting. Clearly, camera performance is a combination of the image sensor and the software. I am sticking with Sony's app.

Hate The Phone. This is my 3rd z5c. And screen cracked again because of heating. Sony wont give me new Phone.i refuse to pay a third time for repair. Never dropped any of my Phones. Battery last 50 min when playing pokemon go. Phone is 3 months ord. Cracked when it got warm playing.dont but it. Its useless and Sony is not good doing business With.

• Mtt

I have been using sony xperia z5 compact for around 10 months now:

Pros:
1. Compact size that can be used by one hand and hidden ina pocket with comfort
2. Very good camera
3. Convenient fingerprint location

Cons
1. Software issues. Apps may crash regularly.
2. Terrible customer service. I had serious software issues with the unit that I bought and it took long time till they replaced it for me. I had to factory reset it three times and I had to do many reboots to the unit that was obviously not ok. I had to fight with the customer service to get them to replace it at the end.
3. The device becomes hot if used extensively

• #ThinkB4UClick

ying zu, 01 Dec 2016no becouse by just handling the phone in your hand you feel is b... more"feel" hahaha! I agree that the Z5 series is better than X series. Think about it. Why would Sony come up with XZ in the same year of the X series' release? I mean, "accidentally" drop both phones in water at the same time and you will instinctively save the X first. And even comparison to the competitors (LG, Samsung, etc..)per time of release, Z5 wins compared to X. I rest my case that the Z5 series is better than X series.

• ying zu

Xperia User, 18 Nov 2016Can't we all just be friends and unite to the fact that this pho... moreno becouse by just handling the phone in your hand you feel is better than the z5 compact

• Nate

Generally very good phone. The GSM review pros and cons mostly reflects my experience although I have had two additional cons above and beyond what the GSM review noted.
1) the battery life is not as good as tested. It is not horrible but it is also not as good as my Z1 Compact with the same apps.
2) It can get temporarily sluggish for some unknown reason. Some users have speculated that the chip software is not well integrated but that is just speculation. It will be blazing fast and then slow down and struggle with simple stuff for 1/2 hour. My Z1 compact with the same apps doesn't exhibit this type of variability.

[deleted post]So what is the purpose of beginning the same fake story from your second account??

Kris, 19 Nov 2016I have a Sony Z5 Compact, which I've had for about 6/7 months. ... moreContact the Telco that you bought it form. Or install a different Telco sim card. Either way is simple check to see if its unlocked.

• Kris

I have a Sony Z5 Compact, which I've had for about 6/7 months. I want to know are these unlocked to other networks or do I have to get it unlocked?

• PabloChile

So I've been the owner of this beauty for almost 10 month now. My only complain is about how hot it gets in a sunny day and specially when using demanding apps, like most games or snapchat e.g. Also having a strong signal from a good company so your phone doesn't have to struggle to connect using more energy than necessary to make it.

• Quamrulhasan68@gmail

TurkElmagnifico, 12 Nov 2016Too good yet too fragile... I was looking for a small size ph... moreI was infront of an angry mob, they threw something at me dropped my Z3 from about 6foot it didn't crack, still I recommend users must use flip cover or back cover.

• Xperia User

Can't we all just be friends and unite to the fact that this phone is better that the X Compact?

Anonymous, 15 Nov 2016Self cracking acreens IS a known and well documentaed problem. D... moreDude, please, read again my post down there, these are only wishes, just WISHES .

AnonD-481725, 14 Nov 2016Self cracking is not sense already, and don't call it a known is... moreSelf cracking acreens IS a known and well documentaed problem. Do some research and find the real truth. There are even decicated web sites and FB pages about this problem.

Anonymous, 14 Nov 2016No, he said "self cracking glass" which means the screen cracked... moreSelf cracking is not sense already, and don't call it a known issue, in fact this is only competitors and haters wishes, just wishes, anyway, and this post is from 8 November...

Got this phone last week, and very happy with it so far. Was a bit worried after reading the reviews but now that I got it, I like it. They fixed the few small issues I had with the previous one (Z3 Compact). They also added the fingerprint reader that is very conveniently placed on the power button. They also removed that annoying flat that you had to open to charge the phone, the usb connection is also now waterproof which is a great addition. I'm not a fan of a big phone and, for me, this is the best android phone in this size. Hope Sony continues making them. I don't want a massive phone.

AnonD-481725, 08 Nov 2016He said that their screen's were cracked which means collision.No, he said "self cracking glass" which means the screen cracked by itself, for no apparent reason.

This is a known and documented problem on Z2 & Z3 models

Collision means some type of impact. Learn English correctly before correcting others.

• TurkElmagnifico

Too good yet too fragile...

I was looking for a small size phone with a front facing speakers and the Z5C was the very obvious choice.

the performance was good and the finger print sensor did a great job, the camera was flawless and the way i could hold it due to its size gave me a full control of it , all and all it was so good.

BUT

In the second week, it fell and the screen cracked, I'm disappointed with sony BC i was a drop from less then 2 feet and it cracked so easily. SONY should do better.

if you are buying it with a case or any kind of protection I say go for it, otherwise do NOT.