Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

Sony Xperia Z5 Compact

mus94, 06 Jan 2019hi,how about heating problems?, i planned to buy it for whatapp,... moreNah, it doesnt heatup that much with messaging apps unless you run intensive gaming or camera recording.

• mus94

Mohammad farman, 02 Jan 2019Assalamu alaikum, Sony Xperia z5c is one in the list of best co... morehi,how about heating problems?, i planned to buy it for whatapp,facebook and instagram only, but i'm worried by heat issue of snapdragon 810.

• Mohammad farman

Assalamu alaikum,
Sony Xperia z5c is one in the list of best compact phones ever, I am using it since last 5 months without lagging. Crystal sharp pics, may be most of people wouldn't like it in low light. Selfie camera is also good but only during a day not in night, little bit heating but acceptable, if u only use for calls or text or reading PDF books like I do u will definitely get 2 days battery timing, if u r a heavy surfer then it won't give u satisfactory result, overall Sony z5c is low budget and attractive looking cellphone, it was my reviews for mine z5c, may be my opinions and reviews vary from others, if someone get mind, or have opposite reviews then me, in this circumstances I just wanna pardon.

• Danish

cell phone is good. but overheat problem is main issue...

• Sekondi

Have a lot of problems with overheating and pocket calls. Not tried that on a phone before

LiviuMarin, 22 Oct 2018Can anyone tell me if the power button being on the side is caus... moreIt is not a problem I have ever had. In fact the XZ1 is likely to be the last Sony I ever buy because the side mounted button/fingerprint reader is one of the differentiating features that are actually useful.

Can anyone tell me if the power button being on the side is causing them to accidentally turn off the phone? To me it seems like a huge problem... you pick it out of your pocket and accidentally press the button.

• Frank

It's overheating, it's known that Snapdragon 810 is one of the worst ARM CPU's you can get your hands on. Crashes often and overheats, only good thing to say about this phone is good battery life

• Muzzamil

Z5 overheat bcuz sd 810
I used 4 smartphone with sd 810 procesor they all heat heat like hell
Just turbo 2 doesn't feel hot bcuz of his fat back

eDMe, 11 Sep 2018Kidding? Got 3 different Z5c's, all have same issues. Overheatin... moreI really dont understand... I'm using 3 Z5c's too (proffesional, private, wifes) and i NEVER had any of those problems. Maybe you have Z3's ?

• Dean F

eDMe, 11 Sep 2018Kidding? Got 3 different Z5c's, all have same issues. Overheatin... moreI have 2 z5c, one black (mine), one white (wife's) we both never had any overheating problem, phone is still going perfect almost 3 years later. No battery issue, no bluetooth issue, no wifi issue, no lag, just perfect.

I've never had the overheating issue. Mine is more than two years old now and I'm still happy with it.

• eDMe

Me, 06 Aug 2018Aweful experience with this one. Overheating is one thing that I... moreKidding? Got 3 different Z5c's, all have same issues. Overheating, Bluetooth behaving erratically, this is my worst phone ever.

Mkb1989, 25 Jul 2018Been using this phone for 2.5 years. Last week I bought xz2c. Re... moreDid you consider the XZ1C? :)

• klakier

Dean F, 06 Aug 2018Nonsense. The snap 810 in the z5 does not have an overheating me... moreThis is not trolling. I had this phone and it was still overheating like hell. This issue is not resolved properly in this phone or chipset. Compare that to e.g. XZ1 with its always-cold 835...

z5c was not so great overall, benn using Sony phones for a decade,
get x compact

• Me

Aweful experience with this one. Overheating is one thing that I heard the most and I experienced that too. Just a few moment of filming is enough to make it go burning hot and automatically shut down. The body feels like cheat plastic and breaks very easily. The screen shattered after sliding a 30cm height and hitting the floor face down. Not at all the easy and durable option they claimed it to be. The speed at which it takes orders is another thing that put me off. See something nice you want to take snapshots of? Forget about it! It takes at least a few seconds for the phone to open the camera and get ready to shoot. Another second or two to focus and eventually take a blurry shot of the scene that's most likely no longer there. Overall, I'm getting more and more disappointed with what Sony is doing as the years pass. Once Sony was the guarantee that you get your money's worth, now ... it's just a gamble as they seem to care less and less about the quality and practicality of their products and more about useless looks.

• Dean F

TheMobileLover, 05 Jul 2018for you guys thinking of buying this smartphone, I gotta say DON... moreNonsense. The snap 810 in the z5 does not have an overheating memo. Surprised to see trolls still spouting this nonsense amount 3 years after its release.

Been using this phone for 2.5 years. Last week I bought xz2c. Really great phone but kinda bulk thick heavy hard to hold in one hand. Sold it and went back to my beloved tiny z5c. Size of this phone is unbeatable. Every thing else is not great but ok. I live in hot country and the phone still performing flawlessly. The only two things I wish to change is Ram and Internal memory.

• Goose

If you have the time, technical skills and don't mind a decline in camera quality, install LineageOS to bump the OS to 7.1.2 with the latest security updates and get a CPU governor like Kernel Adiutor. Tweak the settings to favor battery like over performance and either underclock all cores or disable the BIG cores. Now you have a phone that will never overheat and will breathe new life into it. Honestly the major limiting factor of this phone is the 2GB of RAM.

Yes this phone has it's flaws, but with a little bit of tweaking it is a cheap and reliable workhorse.