Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium

AnonD-226698, 04 Jan 2016I was the one who mentioned using the Z5p with a VR headset. The... moreOur question is.. Did you play videos? if not, i can tell you why..

Yash, 02 Sep 2015How about finger print sensor ??The sensor works nicely. When you set it up it makes you tap your finger multiple times and in multiple orientations so that it has a good file in order to properly recognize you when in use. The sensor is very specific (As it should) so if your hands are wet or dirty it may fail to recognize you on the first try.
The funny thing about using fingerprint recognition is realizing the real finger that you use most to open the unit, you may come to realize that you need to set up at least 4. For when getting it out of your pocket (Thumb), from when you pick it up from a table (index if facing down), from when you are reading (Other hand index) and you have it in your hand. And a neat trick is that it not only works with fingertips, I have it set up also for the nook between my index and my thumb so I can unlock it wile reading in bed.

AnonD-434597, 01 Jan 2016Nah, its you who have something wrong. Always. Someone said Z... moreI was the one who mentioned using the Z5p with a VR headset. The issue was that the pixels were visible. The Z5p has a unique chevron arrangement with it's pixels i don't know if that is what causes them to become rather visible with the VR headset magnification, but what I was saying is that even at that pixel density it is not enough for true seamless immersion. The visible pixels make you feel like you are watching an old CRT TV really up close..or like looking thru robot eyes... so for future headsets the resolution should be at least 8k.. That should be sharp enough to make the pixels not visible to the eye.

atb, 03 Jan 2016Its always the same story the sd 810 overheating issues i have t... moreTotally makes sense.

atb, 03 Jan 2016Its always the same story the sd 810 overheating issues i have t... morespeaks a sony fanboy not a objective user.dude every smartphone if overused get overheated there is no big deal abt that everyone knows this.Lol but u seriously need to take a chill pill.Lol

• atb

Its always the same story the sd 810 overheating issues i have the z5 premium since almost 2 mounth now and i did nt experience any of those problems at all its just that hype and that overblown propaganga ifen the nexcus 6p use the same chipset like many others also the performence of the sd 810 is excellent i never experience any slow downs when surfing the webb so this is my eyes just a bad propaganda nothing else and if some people her dont like the z5 premium then just buy something else you free to do that instad of comenting here bad comment over the z5 premium or go to an other webbside where you can get ridd of you frustration

In real life usage, okay there are some little issues about the quite fast draining of the battery, etc, due to the amazing pioneer 4K display, but innovation have to evolve, so generally speaking it's acceptable. So Sony definitely have to stick on this pathway, really well done and absolutely keep it up! Excellent job. Because holistically speaking, the Sony Xperia Z5 Premium is the most complete flagship of 2015, and so it is really the role model to follow for all the other brands!!! Compliments Sony, definitely keep it up! !!!!!

Ceiron, 03 Jan 2016I have been using this phone for just under a month. The heat... moreEasily one of the most balanced contributions I have seen in this thread for a very long time, well done.

I have a genuine question to anyone in the know, with the update to marshmallow looming for the Xperia range, is anyone aware of what Sony's plans are for the inclusion of doze???

As far as I know doze simply replicates what Sony already have with stamina mode, minus the ability to white list apps for continued use in the background (making stamina mode more versatile than doze itself).

It doesn't make sense to me to have doth systems running simultaneously as they may get in each other's way and could lead to issues. As Android is open source software its feasible that Sony could take doze out (again as far as I'm aware).

I know Sony are running a beta testing programme for Xperia 6.0 firmware, anyone here a part of that? Or know what Sony are planning to do in this case?

• Ceiron

I have been using this phone for just under a month.

The heat issue is ever present, as expected of a snapdragon 810.

The performance in itself is very good, coming from a Samsung Note 3 it's a rather large leap in power.

The device interaction is smooth and handles games very well, until the throttling kicks in to control the heat.
The heat pipes do help but with nowhere for the heat to go, it's more a buffer than a solution.
On occasion I've found the device almost too hot to touch, around where the heat pipes sit.

The fingerprint reader works great, but it heavily depends on how well you register your finger since it's quite specific. Wet/oily/dirty hands obviously make it harder to scan properly.

4K screen is quite sharp, although the contrast and colour is richer on an AMOLED I don't really have much to complain about, especially due to the lack of 4K content for proper comparison, as mentioned in a million reviews.

Overall, I love the phone but I hate SD810. Bit of a love hate relationship.

Samsung fanboy will be quite if sony had sd820 with 4gb ram. Also with 4k display soon. 820 has FC 3.0 and wireless charging

If you're a wise guy you better wait for 820 aside of 810 and still SAMSUNG will remain as immitator against to innovator.

• shazii

Anonymous, 02 Jan 2016I'm using it for last 2 weeks switching from note 3, believe me ... morewhy or did you find handfree in box or not

• Marjan

Hey. Does it get hot like Z1? I want to buy this one, I've been using Sony as long as I can remember, but Z1 gets hot really fast and sometimes even prevents me from recording more than 20 minutes or so. I was wondering if the same thing goes on with this one!?

• creasiry

itsme, 01 Jan 2016you better wait for the next sd820 phones. don't waste your mon... moreyou are right, i am waiting for something " better " but in fact, for what ?

I'm using it for last 2 weeks switching from note 3, believe me I'm experiencing worst smart phone time ever & a great wastage of 750 usd, any1 can ask me why...

AnonD-391800, 02 Jan 2016Replying like this... {facepalm} And you do not consider yours... moreYawn.....and Tann Hauser says: " troll troll troll troll troll......troll"

So in short, says nothing new.

Look you say the 810 is perfect, the rest of the industry and people who aren't brainwashed fanboy zombies recognise that there were, are, and will continue to be issues to varying degrees on any devices using the 810.

Now whether those issues are enough to cause an end user to look elsewhere for their daily driver or not is up to the individual, but they are there regardless of your ill informed propaganda.

If you'll read my recent posts on the subject of the 810 you'll notice that I have in fact not labelled the it an out right failure, but rather a product that doesn't live up to expectations.

You call this trolling. I call it discussion, you can't tell the difference and that is your problem.

Lex79, 02 Jan 2016Irregardless of Tann Hausers latest diatribe on the subject, I a... moreReplying like this...
{facepalm}
And you do not consider yourself a troll, huh?
Quit your nonsense crap posting

That link doesnt have anything to do with z5 premium or its performance, which is the subject of this thread..

Trolling force strong in you is.

itsme, 01 Jan 2016you better wait for the next sd820 phones. don't waste your mon... moreIrregardless of Tann Hausers latest diatribe on the subject, I again point people to Anandtech's recent reviews of the OnePlus Two and the Nexus 6P.

These reviews makes specific mention of the shortcomings of devices based around the 810, and in the closing comments of the 6P review they say quite clearly that it is a viable option to wait for devices based around the 820 in the coming year, as the performance gains should be significant.

Now people can either go by the words of Tann Hauser or Daul Heatpipes (who has named himself after the extreme measures Sony has gone to in order offset the issues that Tann Hauser says do not exist with the 810) or by Anandtech's findings regarding the 810.

In short this has been a particularly disappointing year for Qualcomm, and the 810 is the main reason for that. I'll agree that there is nothing 'wrong' as such with the SOC, however in terms of performance and power efficiency, it is a big disappointment, and neither it nor the 808 represent a generational leap over the 801/805 that they replace.

Anonymous, 01 Jan 2016review or troll? http://www.gsmarena.com/user.php3?idUser=265991Well it's seems that it depends on whether I say something you guys agree with or not doesn't it.

I say something you like and all is good, I say something you don't like and I'm a troll. How very simple.