vivo U20 hands-on review
The vivo U20 is the latest smartphone from the company to join the ranks of the big battery budget devices. The U20 packs a massive 5000mAh battery and vivo goes on to claim that this is the fastest smartphone with a 5000mAh battery, an oddly specific thing to say but we'll allow it.
But a big battery isn't the only thing going for the U20. The phone runs on the Snapdragon 675 platform and comes with up to 6GB of memory and 128GB of storage. There's a triple camera system on the back, including an ultra-wide and a macro lens. There's a 16MP camera on the front inside the teardrop notch on the 6.53-inch display and charging that massive battery is vivo's 18W fast charger provided in the packaging.
vivo U20 Specifications
- Body: Plastic back and frame, scratch-resistant glass front
- Display: 6.53-inch, 2340x1080 IPS LCD, 395PPI, 19.5:9
- Rear Camera: 16MP f1.78 primary, 8MP f2.2 ultra-wide, 2MP f2.4 macro
- Front Camera: 16MP f2.0
- Chipset: Qualcomm Snapdragon 675, octa-core CPU (2x2.0 GHz Kryo 460 Gold & 6x1.7 GHz Kryo 460 Silver), Adreno 612 GPU
- Memory: 4/6/8GB RAM, 64/128GB storage, microSD support
- Connectivity: Dual SIM dual standby, 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.0, microUSB 2.0, A-GPS/GLONASS/BeiDou/Galileo
- Power: 5000mAh battery, 18W fast charging
- Misc: Fingerprint sensor, face unlock
Considering the asking price of around $170 for the 6/64GB model in India, you're getting a lot of phone for the price. But this segment is full of phones like that now, so we will have to see if the vivo U20 does something to stand out in the crowd.
The U20 comes with fairly basic packaging. The good thing is that you get the 18W fast charger in the box, along with a silicone case but that's pretty much it.
Redmi note 8 pro is IPS screen and v17 pro has super amoled display... V17 pro,v17 and s1 pro much better display quality compare to redmi note 8 pro
- 14 Feb 2020
I hope Vivo smartphone improve their specs-to-price ratio. Anyway, good job Vivo. Hoping for the best.
- 06 Feb 2020
- vikash adiwasi
- 27 Jan 2020