Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro

I see lots of the same questions:

1. No, screen is not bad, its actually pretty good. Ghosting? To be honest I cant understand that problem, I took my poco x3 pro, stole for few minutes Galaxy S21 and another poco x3 pro from my friends, put them side by side and stroll black text on white background... and I cant really say anything... text blur a bit on all devices really, my friend poco x3 pro had it tad more but he set his screen to more blue-ish color grandient(I keep my colors warm)

2. No battery is not bad. Most of problems was related to update that some people got. Yes, you can get more than 4 hours of heavy gaming. I have no ide what troll talk about 2hours battery life time... Also you can get more battery if you set refreshrate to 90Hz instead of 120, you just need to change one line using app: SetEdit. its perfect balance between battery and quality.

3. Yes. Phone get hot... the same as any other phone I had on my hand.
Does it have thermal paste? Yes it have, just like cooper plate. Does it throttle cpu and make games lags? Not really, If you set games like genshi Impact, to max its obvious that it will lag, my friend that had mentioned Galaxy S21 play it and it lag there on max. Please remember that games OFTEN LAG because bad optimization... not hardware. As far as I know Genshi have really bad shaders that butcher any hardware. Not to mention that there is not much difference between some settings, so you max out game for nothing.

4. back of phone vibrate on max laudness.
Not really. I think its more about sound that hit specific note that make loudspeaker crack. I was actually surprised how good those loudspeakers are in Poco, they far from perfect but compared to other phones. they are good.

• Poco x3 pro user

Anonymous, 15 Oct 2021Is it bright enough for outdoor usage? I use my phone for d... moreFor me - it's alright. Not as bright as some other devices i've used but still perfectly readable.

Is it bright enough for outdoor usage? I use my phone for delivery a lot especially during sunny day.

• Poco x3 pro user

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2021Thank you so much for the clarification. So should i purcha... moreBoth x3 pro devices i have (my wife's and mine) are with tianma displays. No issues so far. My wife's phone is used for 2 months, mine - for 1 month.

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2021Huaxing panel is made by tcl, while tianma is made by tianm... moreThank you so much for the clarification. So should i purchase this or move to other device. Thank you 😊

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2021I'm about to purchase this handset. I'm in dilemm... moreHuaxing panel is made by tcl, while tianma is made by tianma.
Huaxing panels are good quality, less issues ips screen than tianma which suffer touch and ghosting issues from poco f1 to now poco x3 pro

Iikara, 14 Oct 2021You can't. But chances of getting huaxing panel is hig... moreI'm about to purchase this handset. I'm in dilemma and confusion. May i know please what is hauxing panel in simple terms?

Anonymous, 14 Oct 2021I may now know the reason behind the heating that has been ... moreBased on comment posted by New_member_2021 from xda https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/poco-x3-pro-state.4318053/

-----

On the left is x3 NFC and on the right x3 Pro.
Very interesting decision for x3 pro.

There is copper tape, instead of metallic plate.
Plus, you see that thermal paste is only on memory (3x pro).
If they don't use paste and there is not enough pressure then heat will not be dissipated by pipe.

And here you can see how much they use thermal paste between tape and pipe.
3 small lines on CPU and a bit for memory.

Just look how much more contact surface is on x3 NFC.
Now i understand why x3 pro is so hot.

If your x3 pro is not hot, then you are lucky (there is enough pressure/paste).
If you are not lucky, then idk. It's faulty phone.
-----

I may now know the reason behind the heating that has been plaguing the x3 pro community since the launch.

Reason: Poor heat dissipation cause by lack of thermal paste on the top of SoC/Snapdragon 860.

Explanation: After thoroughly looking for answers in 4pda, xda, reddit and watching poco x3 pro teardown videos and comparing them to x3 nfc and f3. I am confident to say that the reason behind poco x3 pro heating is that xiaomi "Intentionally" did not applied thermal paste to poco x3 pro, maybe because of technical limitations of putting a sd 860 on a supposedly a motherboard designed to hold sd 732g.

In my theory this is a planned obsolescence done by xiaomi. No thermal paste means no contact to the copper plate which the copper plate will transfer the heat to heatsink(or the "Liquid Cooling System" jargon). The purpose of the heatsink is to move away or distribute the heat through out the body but after watching many videos most heat is centered around the upper right side behind phone where the SoC/Snapdragon 860 lies.

So that is it, that is the reason for x3 pro heating.

Redmi-Cube, 12 Oct 2021How can we avoid purchasing tianma panel?You can't. But chances of getting huaxing panel is higher with 8/256 variant. Mine is 8/256 and has huaxing panel.

Ray, 13 Oct 2021yes, same real life game performance as the F3Not exactly. F3 performs slightly better than the X3 pro.

• Animo

Ray, 13 Oct 2021have both the F3 and The X3 Pro 256G variant both. F3 Pros... moreYou are probably High on weed

• WorstSoftwareSupport

Is Xiaomi dead or something? They are not paying attention to their successful smartphones, almost everyone facing ghost touches which is horrible and they are just focusing on launching new devices again and again, if you can't make stable smartphones then don't make...

Ray, 13 Oct 2021yes, same real life game performance as the F3It can't be the same because there is a noticable difference between sd 860 and sd 870... Sd 870 should perform way better

• Melos

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2021What about gaming performance in both phone. Is x3pro good ... more For Gaming it's 100/ good

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2021I don't think this phone really is that bad. Most peop... moreYou can ask people who own this phone about the user experience. Let's say your friend own this phone then ask him if his phone function without problems. If he said yeah than you be good then and vice versa. Also I'm not saying any of these is the display fault but sometimes miui is just the main problem.

I don't think this phone really is that bad. Most people complain about it's display (ghost touch) but in my country,very little of complain were made. Maybe,(maybe) it's not the UI fault but rather the hardware used in certain market. Let's just say that in India, poco uses different display manufacturing and in the UK, the display manufacturing is also different. Now depending on your luck the display might function normally as it should be but for the worst case scenario, it didn't and this is what actually happened to millions of poco x3 pro users. So, to avoid having this problem

• Ray

Anonymous, 13 Oct 2021What about gaming performance in both phone. Is x3pro good ... moreyes, same real life game performance as the F3

Ray, 13 Oct 2021have both the F3 and The X3 Pro 256G variant both. F3 Pros... moreWhat about gaming performance in both phone. Is x3pro good in gaming like cod, pubg, Genshin impact?

User987654321, 12 Oct 2021It's a hit or miss thing. If you really want to avoid ... moreWait. Tianma mostly make tft display and the different between tft and lcd literally almost day and night. If it actually true then somewhere near the future, I believe ghost touch will occur again.