Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8

• Lanrey

Thisjayyy, 30 Apr 2020I was gonna buy that too. But I heard it lags and stuff aft... moreIt will soon support HD in games when the chipset gets optimised and gains more support. It's common issues with any new chipset. But for now gaming on this phone is shit

• Tuarus

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2020I started having issues too with notification after a month... moreWell thanks but i have the redmi note 8, i had unlocked and used custom roms after few month am back on miui 11 and locked the bootloader using latest flash tool, the main thing i have amd pc the fx-6300 that worked for me with zero errors.

• User1

Redmi note8 image and video quality is shit.
Rest of is ok.

• Thisjayyy

cat boi, 29 Apr 2020And if there any other problems with the phone tell me plea... moreI was gonna buy that too. But I heard it lags and stuff after a few months and you can't activate hd mode on some games cause it doesn't support it and some other issues. So I was thinking of buying a Huawei y7p, maybe you should go check it out and see if it suits you.

I have been using this phone (4/64) for over four months now. I wanted to mention some things. I hope it helps.

1. Camera: Gcam makes it a wonder. They got the hardware, if they can work on image optimization, I wouldn't have to install the extra app (Gcam). However, I noticed some dust on my rear camera. I use protective case since I bought. I found few other users noticed this thing too. It hasn't affected photo quality yet (or I haven't noticed). In my opinion, the sealing isn't dust proof. I would also love fingerprint shutter. Palm shutter works fine.
2. Battery: Easily a day with few hours of mild games (Royal Revolt 2 and Rise of Kingdom), few hours of Netflix and YouTube. If I use only Netflix, it lasts even longer. I haven't have to use power saving mode yet. They will introduce ultra-power saving mode with miui 12.
3. Performance: As a light user, this phone is awesome for me. I restart it once every three days (it clears junks in my opinion). I got rid of animations too. Fingerprint works smooth.
4. Network: I use MI4 fitness band so my bluetooth is always on. I haven't noticed issues with wifi yet like other users got. It depends on device to device (like dust in my camera) so I can't guarantee.

My tips for this phone
1. Get rid of ads: Watch few videos on it to get it removed completely else it will annoy you.
2. Fix notification icon issue: Since this phone has notch on the mid, you won't see multiple notifications after getting like 2-3. (it shows three dots, you need to swipe down to see notifications which is annoying).
But, you can fix this by two ways:
First way: Hide and move status bar by going to Settings>Display>Notch&status bar (If you love to keep bigger screen and notch, you will prefer second way)
Second way: Developer options > Simulate a display with a cutout > Corner cutout. What this option does is, it moves your system icons to right of notch so you get more space on left side of the notch for notification.

floepke, 28 Apr 2020Nice phone ,the only thing i don't like about it is th fing... moreIn display fingerprint need Amoled display and that's more expensive than IPS display

I have only had the note 8 pro for a week and connection is to slow and erratic. almost to slow to use as a hotspot.
It needs upgrading to be of any use

• Pavan satya

cat boi, 28 Apr 2020Guys does this phone really has problems with battery ?? P... moreWell the phone works good after several days of usage .
I recommend it.

• synyster

After 5 months of using this phone.
All I can say is the best mid-range phone ever.
Can play COD mobile with highest graphic with few lags..
Battery quite okay but not long-lasting when gaming.
Overall rating I can give is 7/10..
Good phone with reasonable price.

• Ivo

cat boi, 29 Apr 2020And if there any other problems with the phone tell me plea... moreSo far so good. But if you have more budget, u should buy the pro one.

• cat boi

And if there any other problems with the phone tell me please because I am thinking of buying it

• cat boi

Guys does this phone really has problems with battery ??
Please tell me with details
And thanks

Nice phone ,the only thing i don't like about it is th fingerscan on THE BACK!
Why the most smartphone factory's still making phones with the finger scan on the BACK instead on the side i don't understand !

Sam, 27 Apr 2020I wasn't flashing any ROM, as this is just a couple of mont... moreI started having issues too with notification after a month for example. It's like this thing had a self-destruct sequence xD.

I had "system destroyed" once when flashing a ROM, it took me lots of tries to make it work again. Weirdly the MiFlash tool doesn't work on PCs with AMD CPUs, you have to use an Intel CPU.

George , 27 Apr 2020Which version u got? I mean which country the phone assembled in?Global Version. Pretty sure they are all made in China.

• George

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2020For me it was a month, got deep sleep problems thus notific... moreWhich version u got? I mean which country the phone assembled in?

• George

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2020For me it was a month, got deep sleep problems thus notific... moreI just brought it 3 days ago.its working normal.i have the indonisian version

• Sam

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2020Makes no sense unless you were flashing a wrong ROM. You ha... moreI wasn't flashing any ROM, as this is just a couple of months old phone which was working absolutely fine and to be very honest I'm not that technical.

Sam, 27 Apr 2020I didn't do anything. I was checking my WhatsApp yesterday ... moreMakes no sense unless you were flashing a wrong ROM. You have to flash MIUI with MiFlash again.

• Sam

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2020Did you flash a ROM?I didn't do anything. I was checking my WhatsApp yesterday & the screen went off all of a sudden saying "the system is destroyed ".