Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro

Scythor, 22 Jun 2020I'm from Romania, so I will get the Indian or global versio... moreYou will get the global version.

I'm from Romania, so I will get the Indian or global version of this phone in my country?

• MasEnha

MarcoPolo, 22 Jun 2020You can wait for the MIUI 12 update or you can try doing a ... moreMost likely we're using different version of ROM. Better to wait for MIUI 12, reseting to factory is nuisance.

nathmariano20, 22 Jun 2020I bought the Redmi Note 8 Pro in Brazil. Because of the pa... moreWe can't help you. The Indian model has the security patches / updates pretty old as I saw in this "forum". Those phones haven't even received Android 10, neither security patches. You can go to update and do the download the last update in the three dots from the top corner. Maybe that will help. You can just flash a ROM with MIUI 12 / Android 10 id you want. By the way, there is no way we can help you. The Indian version can hold 2 SIMs and one micro SD card but it hasn't got NFC and the Global version, the one which ends with G not with I, it can hold only 2 SIMs or one SIM and one SD card. Have you noticed that you got 2 "SIM trays"? We have got only one. If you need further help, please reply to this message.

I bought the Redmi Note 8 Pro in Brazil.
Because of the pandemic, many devices being sold are those from India. Mine is one of them.
My device is the M1906G7I model. MIUI updated to 11.0.4.0 and android 9 (Although the Security Patch is still in 2019)
I noticed that it does not support NFC. Has anyone else identified this? Do you know how to help me ??

MasEnha, 22 Jun 2020The freezing issue found also on my device after Android 10... moreYou can wait for the MIUI 12 update or you can try doing a factory reset. I haven't ecountered any freezes till now.

KrisH, 22 Jun 2020When i make calls Between 2 and 3min I lose sound and the ... moreI have never experienced that. Try doing a factory reset.

• MasEnha

User2425, 21 Jun 2020I have the phone for nearly 7 months now and overall I'm ha... moreThe freezing issue found also on my device after Android 10. Seems like its software issue since the freeze is gone anytime I pressed the recent apps button. Lets report this and the fixed shall be included on MIUI 12 update (s).

• MasEnha

kun kun, 21 Jun 2020How to solve WiFi connectivity problem while I'm connected ... more Change the Wi-Fi to 5Ghz, or at least change the Wi-Fi channel.

• MasEnha

KrisH, 22 Jun 2020When i make calls Between 2 and 3min I lose sound and the ... moreI did frequently for 59mins with no issue. Why 59mins, the operator I subscribe cut the call at the 60th min.

• whatyousay

Been using samsung galaxy note 3 for the past 7years before decided to buy this phone a month ago. The battery performance dropped slightly in 1st weeks. But on overall performance, this phone works really great so far

• KrisH

When i make calls
Between 2 and 3min I lose sound and the next person over the phone can't hear me, it's really bad. I don't like this.... Can't decide to make calls for at least 10min not to talk of 30min

Scythor, 21 Jun 2020Why everyone hates this phone?My comment got deleted but long story short, most of them don't know how good it actually is.

• kun kun

How to solve WiFi connectivity problem while I'm connected to bluetooth earbuds. It's really annoying to watch a buffering YouTube video.
My WiFi is perfectly fine, it is only when I'm connected to bluetooth earbuds.

I have the phone for nearly 7 months now and overall I'm happy with it. The performance is great for the price range, but there is occasional lag and app freezing. Nothing too bad though. The cameras are fine. Nothing mind blowing, but they do just fine. Battery life and charging speed are great.

If you are looking to buy this phone now, I would say do it only if u get it with a big discount. The phone has 60hz display, and it's already a year old. Many mid-range phones are now coming out with 90hz+ display, faster charging, better cameras. It will be a good idea to buy a more recent device, as the RN8 pro is a nice phone, but it's a bit old now.

• peww

Scythor, 21 Jun 2020Why everyone hates this phone?because this phone worth every penny, some haters are delusional and cant accept reality.

• Muzunga

MarcoPolo, 21 Jun 2020There is a setting to stop the mobile data after an amount ... moreAnd how to switch it off or change the setting so my download can go without stopping

Why everyone hates this phone?

Anonymous, 21 Jun 2020I think many of us here in india have still not rcvd the up... moreIf You mean by going in the right top corner and doing download manually then no, it shouldn't cause any problems. You can even do a factory reset after the update to be sure that everything is going to work properly. If you think about getting the file from Google and well... Flashing it... I can't guarantee anything, but it should be good. It's just that It may affect the future updates. Like you won't be able to get more updates when you do "Check for updates".

SILA, 21 Jun 2020What of factoring in the issues of bettery life and design?? I don't know what you mean but I haven't got any problems with the battery. I have had one once but doing a factory reset solved it. *The problem occurred after updating to Android 10*