Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S

Xiaomi Redmi Note 9S

• Sergio

ZebraDGR8, 29 Oct 2021, users are forced to have to use the hands-free speaker or... moreYou've said it yourself: "A section of", "some units", etc.
That's exactly what I meant - there is a portion of users who are experiencing certain issues with the phone, as with ANY phone, but a vast majority is happy with how the phone works.
I haven't experienced any of the problems you mentioned, and neither have any of my friends who own this model.
Simply put, and generally speaking - this is an excellent phone.

• ZebraDGR8

S, 27 Oct 2021I had the phone for a year and a half, never encountered th... more, users are forced to have to use the hands-free speaker or a headset.
Well ... Feel free to look up with Google. Just type "Redmi Note 9s receiver problem". Below is a copy/paste of some of the threads (also from the Xiaomi official page).

Today, it is coming to light that a section of Redmi Note 9S users is facing an issue with their device’s earpiece. This, according to reports, resulted from updating the device to firmware version V11.0.11.0 (QDWMIXM). The issue seems to be a little widespread and here are some of the complaints we came across (1, 2, 3).

Let's not forget that in the case of the Redmi Note 9S, not even restoring the terminal itself could solve this problem with the volume level of the call speaker. Something that is also happening in the Redmi Note 9 Pro and to a lesser extent in the Redmi Note 9.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED: Some units of the Redmi Note 9, 9S and 9 Pro have a serious problem with their camera For its part, Xiaomi has already reported that it is aware of the problem and that the development team is working on it in order to launch, as soon as possible, a solution that avoids this annoying failure.

• Dhruv

I think, this is a good phone . i am using this phone since many time and its going good everything is good

• S

ZebraDGR8, 26 Oct 2021Run from this phone. I bought the phone, had it for a month... moreI had the phone for a year and a half, never encountered this problem. Went through all the updates, never a problem. Still think this is the best value-for-money phone. The issue you described definitely does NOT affect 'most users'.

• ZebraDGR8

Run from this phone. I bought the phone, had it for a month or so and the receiver went mute (so basically one can do everything with the phone except ... CALL!). Thought this was something that could be fixed by factory reset - NOT. Since I was away for work and couldn't take it to the dealer I googled a bit to try and find a solution ... what I found is that this error is normal for this phone, that most users will encounter this error and that the solution provided by Xiaomi (since they don't even think on fixing this) is just to use all the time a headset (that btw. is not included).

Anonymous, 26 Oct 2021Sadly stuttering UI has not been fixed. When system uptime ... moreThere's not much hope left for MemeUI

Sadly stuttering UI has not been fixed. When system uptime reaches some days, system animations start look less smooth and only reboot helps. Still the same issue as before on 12.0.1.

Anonymous, 24 Oct 2021The reality is that battery is draining faster after the updateI guess i'll never update this device then

Leo, 21 Oct 2021What about the battery condition and cameras?? Any suggestions...The reality is that battery is draining faster after the update

Hex, 18 Oct 2021Updated to 12.5, global 9s, no problems, for me better than... moreOk, I understand there are different opinions, this update made me stay with this phone for now... And with previous updates I almost ordered other phone... Maybe there are some regional difference that affects update

• Jani

• Leo

Trad, 20 Oct 2021update on miui 12.5 as far as cameras and batteries are con... moreThat seems a bit scary...

• Leo

Anonymous, 19 Oct 2021I highly recommend you to try the update. Because its res... moreWhat about the battery condition and cameras?? Any suggestions...

• Trad

Leo, 18 Oct 2021A bit confused about upgrading my 9S to V12.5.1.0 Global. B... moreupdate on miui 12.5 as far as cameras and batteries are concerned is very bad, if these are important items for you then don't update, and if they aren't then feel free to update, if floating windows are important to you, and the response to gestures that was good on miui 12 .They ruined my phone so much that I sell it and never buy xiaomi again ...

Leo, 18 Oct 2021A bit confused about upgrading my 9S to V12.5.1.0 Global. B... moreI highly recommend you to try the update.
Because its resolve so many issues and problems regarding the previous miui version. It resolve the floatation and the pop up problem too. Also a bit more faster and smoother. ☝️

• Leo

A bit confused about upgrading my 9S to V12.5.1.0 Global. Because I'm seeing totally opposite reviews here. On one hand, this update is the worst one, while on the other hand it is better and has no issues yet. Can anyone help me whether I should go for the update or not?

• Hex

Anonymous, 17 Oct 2021I doubt itUpdated to 12.5, global 9s, no problems, for me better than miui 12... Bit faster, battery same as miui 12, no major bugs as much as I can see. Camera more less same

My )s won't can't find my L15-865 smart watch.
My PC can see the watch and connect therefore the watch appears to be working properly.
Any ideas?

Sergio, 16 Oct 2021This is an extremely false statement, the reason for which ... moreI doubt it