ZTE nubia Z20

ZTE nubia Z20

SamTech, 04 Nov 2020Did you get that info from? I ordered the phone but tried t... morehttps://m.gsmarena.com/nubia_z20_gets_android_11_beta-news-46169.php

• Lecuistodu

hello, do you think there will be an android 11 update on a global version 2.03?

Kula, 20 Oct 2020Yes Android 11 is coming soon to the z20. It's under b... moreDid you get that info from? I ordered the phone but tried to cancelled the order after reading all the concerns with it. It has been ship today but I will not sign for the order I think unless what you are saying is true... :)

• Kula

Yes Android 11 is coming soon to the z20. It's under beta testing at the moment as of october.

• Andy

Also very frustrated they didn't ever update the software. This would have been so easy to recommend to others but the software, especially around the camera has been such a pain to use. The phone I used before that is 2yrs older is more up to date. They could almost sell me a software update, the hardware is all really good.

Peter, 08 Mar 2020Absolutely no updates since the product was launched, I hav... moreHonestly I just don't understand what's going on with nubia. Are they planning to give us Android 11 instead? It's frustrating to be stuck on 9. But it's a great phone.

I never bought this phone but I loved the concept.

Some cons I hope will be fixed in the successor z30 or z21:
1. 2 android version upgrades for global version
2. Since there's no front cam, all camera settings should be same for the cameras used as rear or front cam (this is not the case for z20)
3. Possibly 5000mah battery because 5g and competing phones have larger batteries already

Starsplash, 25 Jan 2020Since I own a Nubia z20 and was purchased directly from the... morePlease can you help me with a suggestion link for Nubia x I have a cinese version 8gb ram 128 flash memory and I can t use this phone from begining. Have android 9 version. Thanks

Munoz, 29 Apr 2020Not sure if I should go for a Nubia Z20 for 410$ or Oneplus... moreI have been using Nubia Z20 since Dec 2019. The phone is unique in many ways. It has its flaws too but that really is dependent on the user You just need to adjust how to take selfies.

Munoz, 29 Apr 2020Not sure if I should go for a Nubia Z20 for 410$ or Oneplus... moreWell for nubia you won't have updates to fix bugs nor Android version upgrades. Buy 7t pro so no notch

• Kula

jazvlad, 11 Mar 2020i have nubia z20 china rom...my problem is theres no playst... moreXDA has a guide on how to flash twrp and gapps :)

Not sure if I should go for a Nubia Z20 for 410$ or Oneplus 7T that currently costs 490$. Can anyone who has used the Nubia model (or both) give me a suggestion?

• jazvlad

i have nubia z20 china rom...my problem is theres no playstore on my phone is there any one here how to solve my problem?thank you

• Peter

goldcrow, 07 Mar 2020Have there been any major updates since the release of this... moreAbsolutely no updates since the product was launched, I have it since last year and there wasn't a single update. As I saw on many groups and forums Nubia is not well known for updates. But still, they promised many bug fixes and also Android 10. I start to think that until the updates will come out I will get myself another phone haha.

• goldcrow

Have there been any major updates since the release of this phone? Specificay improvements to the camera when engaging selfie mode? Been seeing a lot of initial reviews saying the selfie mode is nerfed, and to just engage dual viewfinder mode when taking selfie photos or videos.

• Peter

For those of you owning this phone. Try to take a picture or video with the flash on and also with the silicone case on. Haha damn, I keep finding an issue with this phone everyday lol.

Some of the biggest issues so far (maybe more)
1. Selfie mode camera can't record 4k (up to 1080 only) despite using same camera hardware
2. Wide angle camera can't be used to take videos
3. Global rom Camera app has less modes in camera than chinese rom counterpart
4. No navigation gestures in global rom (can't fully enjoy the Fullscreen display)
5. Not much settings to change about display (colors/contrast/etc.)
6. No android 10 yet, no updates yet at all for global rom

Close to perfect phone hardware in my opinion but lots of software issues

Global rom is something like based on lineage rom.they did the same for global rom of red magic phones. Hope they develop global roms themselves

• Starsplash

Since I own a Nubia z20 and was purchased directly from the Nubia's official online store UK. Nubia z20 official global ROM NX627J_ENCommon_V2.03
Myself I haven't encountered any bugs, no software issues. Also in the box, phone comes with a 2 Pin Europe Plug Charging Adapter and usb type c cable, I had to buy a 2 Pin to 3 Pin UK Plug to charge the phone. The Qualcomm Quick Charge 4.0 is fast. I also own a Nubia X with a custom global rom. I have no problems with Nubia X and in Google Play Store the device shows as a Google Certified device. Sometimes I don't understand why z20 user's have problems or bugs with there z20. My experience with z20 is fab!...

DavidRegalJnr, 16 Jan 2020And how about if a component gets damaged..there's probably... moreUhhh. I can guess it's the same situation if you buy other Chinese brands in the US. Just buy samsung or apple if repairs are your priority. Although it is good that you are thinking of possible after sales service you will need, on the other hand, it's negative thinking also of you to already expect to wreck your would-be-phone (regardless of brand) to the point of needing repair and spare parts.