Asus Zenfone 8

Asus Zenfone 8

Tekk, 20 May 2021I was a bit, until i got mine. On top of a few levels of po... moreHow did you got the phone if it's coming on May 31? Where are you from?

tykkmann, 21 May 2021Have ordered the phone now and are pretty excited. Does any... moreIn the package from the phone you get a high-quality case for free

• ReptVlad

Hey, got mine yesterday, been using for the whole day already. A bit weird using it after a much chonkier device (LG V20), would honestly prefer a Flip, but sadly it lacks a better screen and a jack. Although it feels much better than iPhone 12 (have it for a couple of months, work-issued) in the hand (which is almost the same size) due to matte glass and a bit of rounded edge on the back.

Jack and DAC is good, though it definitely "lacks" in volume capacity, not that I'll ever use it on max, or even near max, but for example, with my HyperX Cloud Core (which are btw a bit more "power-hungry" than regular earphones, 60 Ohm instead of regular 16-32), V20 was loud enough at around 30-40% of volume, Asus needed somewhere around 70%, so if you care about this, keep in mind. Speakers are fine, again, not that I'll ever use them.

Battery life is okayish, obviously better than LG (even with 4200mAh battery from Perfine), but I wouldn't be confident in it lasting 8-22 if you also use some heavier apps.

Design-wise, I like that it's very strict and bland in terms of colors, but despise the camera placement, it's easy to get used to, but nonetheless. And still hate the punch-hole, it's atrocious.

Performance, didn't yet test at all, and don't really care, mainly wanted a flagship chip so that it would last for at least 3-4 years without major performance issues later.

Screen is brilliant, I was using 144hz panel on my PC for some time, and finally having same experience of holy smoothness on a smartphone is blessing for the eyes.

• tykkmann

Have ordered the phone now and are pretty excited. Does anyone know if there is a site where you can order cases for the phone? A site that ships to Europe.

emika, 15 May 2021oh sorry, I miscounted the version, R is 11The Singapore site is currently broken, but I think that it ships with Android 11, yes

Anonymous, 19 May 2021USB type c, but only 2.0 speed? next.Yeah, a big deal breaker for me as well. I'm still using a Mate 10 Pro right now since 2018, and its USB Type-C 3.1 is really handy for the things I do as a student. The Zenfone 8 is the closest phone to perfect for my usage but then they provided Type C 2.0, a huge deal breaker.

• Cayle

Anonymous, 20 May 2021Anyone else worried about battery life?You can extend it by changing the refresh rate to 60 hz. Judging from the battery hour rating on here, it should last you around 7-8 hours of SoT with medium intensity in usage with the 120hz refresh rate on.

Anonymous, 20 May 2021Well, Asus you just lost my money because you removed the r... moreThis is to GSMArena, not Asus. You know this, right?

Anonymous, 19 May 2021It needs to have a 10,000mAh battery, wireless charging, re... moreI don't care about any of that, but I do care that it lacks support for LTE band 13. After all, this is supposed to be a phone first and foremost, right? Band 13 is basically the backbone of Verizon's network, so a phone that isn't compatible with that band is essentially incompatible with the largest cellular network in the US. That seems like a rather egregious oversight, in my opinion.

Nekrozys, 19 May 2021I'm pretty interested about this phone but I wonder ab... morethink of it like a storage, useless if you don't use it but very important if you do
so yeah, if you're not a heavy user you probably won't feel the difference. even i, who consider myself quite a heavy user compared to most never reached 5,5GB RAM usage. most people probably have 4-5GB RAM usage in average.
it's depend on the phone and the user but i believe this guide works in general:
2GB and less (DON'T), 3GB (VERY compromising), 4GB (compromising), 6GB (enough -for it's lifetime under normal circumstances-), 8GB (future-proofing), more than 8GB (only if you know what you are doing)

• Tekk

Anonymous, 20 May 2021Anyone else worried about battery life?I was a bit, until i got mine. On top of a few levels of power saving modes, you can also completely customize it by tuning GPU/CPU/RAM performance and temp targets, as well as screen framerate, touch poll rate and a bunch of other things.

Left mine on the standard Dynamic setting; Took my phone out of the charger 10 hours ago, have run two geekbench benchmarks, taken a few calls, checked imgur and used messenger a bit, currently at 80% battery

Well, Asus you just lost my money because you removed the radio module for EU model.

• Muhammad

John, 20 May 2021But then again, loads of brands do that as well. Even Xiaom... moreLG is out of bussiness of mobile phones so stop thinking about them being in phone market. yes they were good at giving more for less.

Anyone else worried about battery life?

• John

Anonymous, 19 May 2021USB type c, but only 2.0 speed? next.But then again, loads of brands do that as well. Even Xiaomi only give USB-C 2.0 for their $1000+ Mi 11 Ultra. LG can give USB-C 3.1 with video output for a much cheaper price.

• John

John, 20 May 2021When you have a phone with stock UI and the latest flagship... moreI think I got my previous comment slightly wrong. It was actually THREE-year-old Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL.

• John

Nekrozys, 19 May 2021I'm pretty interested about this phone but I wonder ab... moreWhen you have a phone with stock UI and the latest flagship-grade chipset, the amount of RAM just seems not to matter. Even four-year-old Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 3 XL can still provide stellar performance in 2021.

• John

Anonymous, 19 May 2021It needs to have a 10,000mAh battery, wireless charging, re... moreLol, even Xiaomi won't do such a ridiculous idea!

andelf, 18 May 2021Just ordered this phone! I was going to wait for Xperia 5I... moreMe too. I was gonna wait for Xperia 5 III but it's gonna be €350 more expensive and the front camera isn't even good on Sony. That's the two things I didn't like. The price and the selfie camera. But I hope my zenfone will last me a few years until Asus releases a new compact phone

Looks like quite a good phone.
Bit expensive for me but not too bad.
At least you do not need a mortgage.....as you do with some phones.
I would buy one if I had the cash spare.