Asus Zenfone 8

Asus Zenfone 8

Miklos, 22 Jun 2021Hi guys, those who have it: what do you think about the cam... moreInstall the GCam from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-gcam.4280045/

• Miklos

Hi guys, those who have it: what do you think about the camera performance? For me that seems to be the only weak point. Thanks in advance!

• Miklos

Z, 19 Jun 2021Who is your service provider? I remember buying another int... moreJust FYI, update released today enables VoLTE and VoWiFi on all UK providers.

Ichigo, 19 May 2021I wish this phone's size was 6.2 inch. I'm using ... moreI with that this phone would have 5.2” Screen so it would be almost compact

Adl, 08 Jun 2021This thing is still not available in the US. Why so much ta... moreAsus is just so small phone manufacturer…

It has all the UK bands though.

• Guddu

Shekhar, 20 Jun 2021By the time they will decide to launch in India. World will... moreI agree. Very lousy efforts by Asus india management, seems they dont know what to do. Some Chinese manufacturers will launch small size phones and storm the market by the time Asus India will makeup their mind.

• jacko

Me: I finally found this wallpaper that hides the punch-hole cam!
Asus: No.

• Shekhar

By the time they will decide to launch in India. World will move to next level.. Very poor planning by India Leadership team of Asus.. They lost many potential customers and will loose more.. They need to be quick to launch and capitalized on initial euphoria which is created around 8Z.. They either need to play the game or get out.. They are just sitting on fence..

RikuRassi, 19 Jun 2021In Finland only a few shops have this phone. I haven't... moreGot mine here :

• Z

wongwatt, 14 Jun 2021Yes it does, all UK bands are supported. I bought a silver... moreWho is your service provider? I remember buying another international phone and 5g never worked on 3 or O2

• RikuRassi

In Finland only a few shops have this phone. I haven't seen any advertising yet and all the shops I've visited ahve the phone, but in the backroom. You can buy the phone, but not look nor touch it before. What's the idea of that?

• Tykkmann

Does someone know if there exists a site for zenfone 8 where you can order cases? Have seen some cases on eBay, but would like to see if there is a fansite etc.

What I'm really impressed with this compact phone is how well-optimized the battery management software. It has a longer battery endurance rating than an equivalent flagship-grade smartphone with a much larger battery. I mean, 88 hours of battery endurance from a 4,000mAh battery? Not many smartphones can do that, even if it runs on stock AOSP UI. That needs seriously good software optimization.

• Reagan

Anonymous, 15 Jun 2021CDMA is 3G technology, which is getting retired anyway. Yo... moreSo, just trying to make sure I understand what I am seeing. The Zenfone 8 will only work on Verizon CDMA-Less? Or will it not work at all?

• Kk

Is this phone have a IR blaster?

• Qwerty

Anon, 15 Jun 2021Negative! Not available on amazon US and ebay is not a US v... moreIt’s because of our strict government rules and regulations man. Still we can buy the Asus Zenfone 8 from other legit seller websites, you just have to further search on it, don’t be lazy like other Americans do. We’re so damn spoiled here that we want all things yo be available in our country. Not everything is available okay man. And you can always choose to change your telcomm if you really want to buy and use the Asus Zenfone 8, too much excuses… SMH

So overall not bad, but there are 2-3 gremlins that basically ruin the whole phone. And they seem to be related to Proximity fingerprint sensor working together.
Current SW version 30.11.51.60

The BAD
1) Proximity sensor does not work well. Every call that is longer then 2-3min, I accidentally mute myself every f** time. This is unacceptable.
2) Fingerprint sensor gets activated in pocket. I have the pocket mode turned on. So right now the phone called the emergency service. I think the phone got afraid that I will smash it, but when this thing keeps calling in my pocket it should be afraid that I will smash it;P
3) The fingerprint sensor is 80% in normal condition accurate. (Inside normal light) But on direct sunlight I'm lucky if i get my phone opened at all.
4) The battery life. Not great but not a dealbreaker for me. Easy one day usage for me and I only charge up 90% so that is Ok.
5) In the beginning it got warm, but after some SW updates I don't notice it that much.
6) Some apps can not be uninstalled. Netflix, Facebook and some Asus apps

The Good
1) Size. Like someone pointed out the case that comes along is on the slippy side. So if anyone knows is there a frame only case?
2) Buttons, especially volume buttons have create feeling
3) Speakers are loud(er) then my previous phone Nokia 8. And that One is front firing it really helps.

Anonymous, 10 Jun 2021No CDMA - Won't work on VerizonCDMA is 3G technology, which is getting retired anyway. You can go CDMA-less on Verizon. The real problem is that the phone lacks support for LTE band 13, which is crucial to Verizon's 4G network. THAT'S why the phone isn't Verizon-compatible.