Asus Zenfone 8

Asus Zenfone 8

• AlexTechster

Hey guys, do you experience overheating issues with the Zenfone 8. Mine is warming up quite a lot after only 2 minutes of video recording, and after two or three more minutes it prompts me to shut down the camera app. If you have, do you know how to fix that...eventually?

How can you tell which model is international and which is US?

Kk, 16 Jun 2021Is this phone have a IR blaster? Unfortunately, no. With that, it will be just a perfect phone.

• BuHatif

Liked:
* Silver colour.... looks absolutely stunning & premium.
* Sound output from dual (balanced) speakers is amazing.
* Live clock app. & ZenFone's own gallery.
* size & weight.

Disliked:
* Battery life....appeared to be dropping rapidly - probably needed available optimisation function.
* Fingerprint scanner... did not work very well.

Miklos, 22 Jun 2021Hi guys, those who have it: what do you think about the cam... moreInstall the GCam from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/working-gcam.4280045/

• Miklos

Hi guys, those who have it: what do you think about the camera performance? For me that seems to be the only weak point. Thanks in advance!

• Miklos

Z, 19 Jun 2021Who is your service provider? I remember buying another int... moreJust FYI, update released today enables VoLTE and VoWiFi on all UK providers.

Ichigo, 19 May 2021I wish this phone's size was 6.2 inch. I'm using ... moreI with that this phone would have 5.2” Screen so it would be almost compact

Adl, 08 Jun 2021This thing is still not available in the US. Why so much ta... moreAsus is just so small phone manufacturer…

It has all the UK bands though.

• Guddu

Shekhar, 20 Jun 2021By the time they will decide to launch in India. World will... moreI agree. Very lousy efforts by Asus india management, seems they dont know what to do. Some Chinese manufacturers will launch small size phones and storm the market by the time Asus India will makeup their mind.

• jacko

Me: I finally found this wallpaper that hides the punch-hole cam!
Asus: No.

• Shekhar

By the time they will decide to launch in India. World will move to next level.. Very poor planning by India Leadership team of Asus.. They lost many potential customers and will loose more.. They need to be quick to launch and capitalized on initial euphoria which is created around 8Z.. They either need to play the game or get out.. They are just sitting on fence..

RikuRassi, 19 Jun 2021In Finland only a few shops have this phone. I haven't... moreGot mine here :

• Z

wongwatt, 14 Jun 2021Yes it does, all UK bands are supported. I bought a silver... moreWho is your service provider? I remember buying another international phone and 5g never worked on 3 or O2

• RikuRassi

In Finland only a few shops have this phone. I haven't seen any advertising yet and all the shops I've visited ahve the phone, but in the backroom. You can buy the phone, but not look nor touch it before. What's the idea of that?

• Tykkmann

Does someone know if there exists a site for zenfone 8 where you can order cases? Have seen some cases on eBay, but would like to see if there is a fansite etc.

What I'm really impressed with this compact phone is how well-optimized the battery management software. It has a longer battery endurance rating than an equivalent flagship-grade smartphone with a much larger battery. I mean, 88 hours of battery endurance from a 4,000mAh battery? Not many smartphones can do that, even if it runs on stock AOSP UI. That needs seriously good software optimization.

• Reagan

Anonymous, 15 Jun 2021CDMA is 3G technology, which is getting retired anyway. Yo... moreSo, just trying to make sure I understand what I am seeing. The Zenfone 8 will only work on Verizon CDMA-Less? Or will it not work at all?