Google Pixel 6

Google Pixel 6

Traz77, 19 Aug 2022I'm debating to switch from iPhone to the pixel 6. I&#... morebiggest difference in the experience might be the battery life, else everything is as clean
For me I'm using it for media consumption/ work and I'm charging it 1-2 times per day.

Saad, 20 Aug 2022Still I have not received my Android 13 update??? I stay i... moreyou get it if you're participating on the beta, else we have to wait

Anonymous, 20 Aug 2022If you plan to take photographs of artwork or flat document... moreyeah the camera isn't suitable for document/ flat things, plus the stock camera app doesn't have any document mode. A workaround will be using third party camera and take photo of document from far away than other phones

• TRG
        • 20 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 19 Aug 2022Thanks for the info. I am upgrading my Pixel 2 soon rather ... moreIf you plan to take photographs of artwork or flat documents, you might get better results with the 6A. The Pixel 6 has a larger sensor, and due to the lens's field curvature and shallower depth of field, many have reported blurry edges or corners when taking pictures of documents or close-up objects.

• S
          • Saad
          • nCi
          • 20 Aug 2022

Still I have not received my Android 13 update???
          I stay in uae.

I'm debating to switch from iPhone to the pixel 6. I'm not sure if its the right move or not.

• Ybw
              • 19 Aug 2022

Ok, 11 Aug 2022I would get the pixel 6 because there’s only a price differ... moreThanks for the info. I am upgrading my Pixel 2 soon rather than replacing the cracked screen. I too will likely go Pixel 6 instead of Pixel 6A, particularly for the better camera, as I do artwork and need good photos of it. Likely will wait for Pixel 7 October release to see if price comes down any, as right now Pixel 6 is $200 CAD more than Pixel 6A. My sister has the Pixel 6 Pro and raves about it but I don't think I need its extras for the difference in price right now (Canadian exchange rate still making everything too expensive).

• r
                • redhat19
                • nG{
                • 18 Aug 2022

PwndByAChick, 06 Aug 2022Pixel 6 or 6a and why ?pixel 6 because now the price went down on pixel 6, in the UK its 470£ where pixel 6a is still 399£, and you have better materials on the pixel 6

Uh what do you mean cause I've forced the display to run at 90hz at all times and it's been amazing no throttling whatsoever...

• Tui
                    • 13 Aug 2022

PwndByAChick, 06 Aug 2022Pixel 6 or 6a and why ?6a if u want a phone that doesnt throttle bad,, maybe thats why google disabled 90hz on this...

• Ok
                      • aXg
                      • 11 Aug 2022

PwndByAChick, 06 Aug 2022Pixel 6 or 6a and why ?I would get the pixel 6 because there’s only a price difference of 80€ while the pixel has a 90 hz display, better cameras, overall better performance. The only pro for the 6a for me, which is probally a con for most people, and that’s the smaller size. Even though I’m a fan of smaller phones, the pixel 6 is the better phone now.

Pixel 6 or 6a and why ?

• StU
                          • 04 Aug 2022

Dont mind me, 04 Aug 2022I still faced that issue. I took your suggestion and used t... moreSo your issue is possibly like mine then , some sort of weird ui gesture glitch ?
                          Hopefully your device runs better now, and yes strangely I had task switcher ui glitches since my pixel 3a and 3a xl .... slightly different issues but both centred around the task switcher.

take care mate

• D
                            • Dont mind me
                            • 8m8
                            • 04 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 02 Aug 2022I meant to just quick flick to put the app in the back firs... moreI still faced that issue. I took your suggestion and used the navigation buttons instead of the gestures. Thanks mate. Cheers!

• X
                              • XL
                              • Th9
                              • 03 Aug 2022

Beautiful phone with amazing experience :)

• StU
                                • 03 Aug 2022

PwndByAChick, 03 Aug 2022Hey , I want to ask how is the haptics? Do you have any iss... morehaptics are fine to me, but could be a little stronger

Hey , I want to ask how is the haptics? Do you have any issues with the phone general ?

• mE0
                                    • 02 Aug 2022

Anonymous, 02 Aug 2022I did have that issue , trying to swipe up to open the app ... moreI meant to just quick flick to put the app in the back first, not swipe to enter the app switcher screen.
                                    It seems swiping to enter the app switcher is my phone's cue to freeze.
                                    Although annoying, I find the 2 step works better , quick swipe the put the app in the background, secondly swipe to enter app switcher.

Or you could set the back tap gesture to open the app switcher without using a swipe at all.

• mE0
                                      • 02 Aug 2022

Dont mind me, 02 Aug 2022Anyone else facing a touch issue where the screen freezes w... moreI did have that issue , trying to swipe up to open the app switcher to close stuff...all I got was a blurred background and frozen system.
                                      But after a while it seems to have stopped or at least reduced in frequency.

I don't keep my finger on the screen when swiping up now, but I give it a quick flick up