HTC Desire 816

HTC Desire 816

• kareem

AnonD-273583, 13 Jun 2014Hi to everyone. It has been close to 5 days since i bought this ... morei want to know when your mobile get laggy how you fix it
i ask my question because it have fixed battery

• AnonD-19049

Lokesh, 13 Jun 2014Hey JatinR will htc give its headphone with desire 816 or I have... moreHeadset is available in the box.. u dn hv to purchase :)

Jst buy it man.

• AnonD-271948

Hello every one ,,, plz can any one tel me which is better htc 816 or sony xperia z ?!!

hii everyone,I am using this device,I would like to get comment on the battery backup of this device..
I am getting 16-19 hours battery backup while moderately using this device,wi fi on for 3 hours,power saver on always,brightness set on automatic... gaming 30-40 minutes(no heavy games),no music...

comments are welcomed from all htc desire 816 proud owner

• aki

Searched it heaven and hell finally bought it from Mobiliti World Pune at 23499 best price in market.
In terms of performance and features still exploring but till now no dissatisfaction from any angle.
Camera best with many added features of editing photos.
Blink is the HATKE feature from other smartphone.
Best smartphone to buy in mid range segment !!!!!!

Today i finally bought a 816 with my friend. We got it for 23500 at Allahabad, UP after bargaining a lot with the seller. The phone is well built,feels solid in hand, attractive, huge, clear display with no pixelation visible to naked eye, fluid, good overall but i personally didnt like the rear camera quality.It didn't seem to stood well for a 13 mp rear camera and many pics came out to be blurry on auto mode and even on HDR mode in well lit conditions, though front 5 mp camera is good for a 5 mp camera and even it captured the spots on our face and we have to use the inbuilt softening tool to hide them. Cannot comment on the battery backup as its too soon to comment. Yes it provides a earphone in box. Contacts can be very easily transferred from any phone as ours was a nokia 5800 xpress music and it went copying so easily and fast. It reads a pendrive using a OTG cable but since file manager cannot be used on htc 816 so we were unable to access data stored on pendrive. The news is that HTC has adopted the policy of pushing the other less sold models along with htc 816 as the many retailers told us that on placing a order for 5 other htc models we are getting 1 htc 816 with it. HTC is trying to encash maximum benefits from htc 816.Very unfair htc as users are suffering due to it. Will update with more details soon.

Guys after a week of searching 816 throughout northeast indian states, i finally bought one from suburb of manipur. amazing phone. 4 those who r still confused just take a blind shot in ur life, u wont repent. N this phone is a total soldout item,search search men.

• Lokesh

Hey JatinR will htc give its headphone with desire 816 or I have to purchase it from outside

• NAIN

AnonD-273531, 13 Jun 2014Anyone who is using desire 816; does your charger become hot aft... moreya u r right, it bcm hot while charging the htc 816 but not to worry it bcms normal after some time

• AnonD-19049

AnonD-47932, 13 Jun 2014thanks...:)..again.. Ur wlcm bro..
N dnt listen fake things of crappy ppl..
Jst wait for sm days.. mbl wil b availbl..

Or buy it from themobilestore

• AnonD-19049

AnonD-273531, 13 Jun 2014Thnx Jatin, how do u know charger switches off automatically aft... moreAfter 100% charging..
Mbl stop aceepting charging.. :)
N ur charger becm cool..

U cn test it.. after 100% charge dnt doscnct..

N in jst 5 min u cn see the diff.. :p

Dat feature added bcz some ppl charge der phone whole nght.. so dat thing is nt gd for battery..

So now with this feature.. u cn charge ur mbl whole nght wdt ny tension.. bcz it stops charging after 100%

Lokesh, 13 Jun 2014Hay jatinR can u tell me which one is best HTC 816 or xperia T2 ... morei an also suffering from this queshion which one is best htc desire 816 and sony t2 ultra?

Thnx Jatin, how do u know charger switches off automatically after 100% ? How Can I check the same for my set ? My charger gets very very hot.

AnonD-19049, 13 Jun 2014Hahaha.. no such prb in display.. he jst mking fool of u :p.. ... morethanks...:)..again..

• AnonD-19049

AnonD-47932, 13 Jun 2014today was the worst day for me. I decided today, to buy htc desi... moreHahaha.. no such prb in display.. he jst mking fool of u :p..

I cnt find such newz on the internet.. so keep calm.. n buy it from online stores.. :)

today was the worst day for me. I decided today, to buy htc desire 816...but after roaming around for 2.5 hrs..not a single store in chadni and dalhousie could give me that device saying out of stock ...WHAT THE HELL...it was a bolt from the blue to me..and atlast A genius(read f***er) from lalani e tech told me HTC withdrew all the products due to Malfunction of display as the fluid inside was coming out...it really blew the shit out of me...
So I am Asking if anyof the users having such display issues or he just bluffed ?????????? plz reply..
Thanks in advance

I'm using HTC 816 it's jst an amazing phone....!!

• A joshi

I really liked the specs of HTC desire 816. But I have certain concerns:
1) It has an in built battery . Does this pose a problem? that is if the battery conks off, you may have to replace the entire phone.
2)HTC does not have many service centres as samsung has. Do I have to worry about this?
3) In terms of longevity or durability of HTC phones
4)Various sellers of phone shops say that htc has compatibilty issues. All parts within it do not belong to the company and hence may be incompatible.
5) That the phone gets heated up

All these negative points have been raised by the salesmen in various mobile shops. Are they dissuading me from buying HTC for their own ulterior motives or is it really so.
Pl do reply to my queries

Hi to everyone. It has been close to 5 days since i bought this beauty and it definitely needs an appreciation. (Btw i got this phone from sangeetha mobiles in chennai for 23k. OMG, the store guy gave me an power bank free of cost which has a battery of 2600Mah i.e the same power as that of the phone. He also gave one year extended warranty free of cost which also covered defect due to water logging which is generally not covered in the manufacturer warranty. This is awesome :)....

I went for the white color and one word to say abt it - ITS SEXY.... But sadly i had a lil scratch on the rear paner besides the camera....

The phone is not at all bulky and infact i was surprised by its weight and it fits perfectly in the jeans pocket or shorts....

The processor is simply awesome.... I am a heavy user and an avid gamer. I have used micromax canvas 2 previously and before that used xperia neo V. After using such laggy phones for quite some time, every time when i press the home button or when i make a call or when i open any apps, it opens within blink of an eye. I am yet to face any lag issue (and hope not to find any further)....

The camera does its job decently. I used the free flip cover that was given with the phone. When i took photos with flash, i found the photos to be too exposed to flash. I tried to use all the settings in the phone but was unable to find an solution to the over flash exposure. Then all of a suddent thought of removing the flipcover and took a phot with the flash and VIOLA the picture was perfect. So my piece of advise would be to remove the phone from the flipcover if u want to take photos especially with flash....

The battery is really good. I am just using a single sim with 3g fully on and i am getting close to 18-20 hrs of life....

Hence to sum up, this phone really met all my expectations of owning a decent phone without any lag and decent camera. Kudos to HTC for bringing out such a gem....

Cheers!!!!

• karthik726

hey guys plz tell me which colour is the best white or grey and also let me know if the 2nd sim slot supports gsm or not plz reply fast..iam ready to buy if iam clarified
thanks in advance