HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

• regene

Anonymous, 15 Oct 2012pics arent lost... though they dont appear in the gallery but th... moreactually, using a different photo viewer solves the problem, i have had this phone for almost 2 years now, no problem so far on screen, battery or the hinge, although I have the motorola razr now, i still love my Z, the best for chatting/email purposes, when you need long typing.. :D

kapfo, 06 Oct 2012good phone been using it for more than a year. slight problem wi... morepics arent lost... though they dont appear in the gallery but they do exist in any of the folders... you may find them using a file manager...

do this phone have slide ribbon issues? like in nokia phones for example Nokia E-75

• kapfo

good phone been using it for more than a year. slight problem with the camera as some picture get lost after some time. must be some bugs?

It has a bug when opening Gallery. It fails to load some of the pictures taken with camera. That's the only drawback I experienced so far. Other than that, the phone is great

• yase

i am using this phone from last one and half year. its great phone and all of things are awesome.

I have both this and the Xperia Pro. The Xperia Pro is better in almost everything, for example the keyboard is a lot better, so many advantages. Its also 25% faster and doesnt give you any serious slowdowns or hangs as is common on HTCs (HTC Sense is slow, theres no denying it)

Jimmy, 08 Sep 2012Android automatically records your contacts within your gmail ac... moreyeah bro love this phone. Go to aliexpress.com you can get a brand new one for only $170.

• Jimmy

Help_me, 24 Aug 2012Hi all! I have this phone from january 2011, it was great. Yest... moreAndroid automatically records your contacts within your gmail account, so you should simply be able to sync when you get it fixed / a new one.

Had this phone for two years, i am likely to replace it at end of contract as it's so great.

• Foo Bar

Help_me, 24 Aug 2012Hi all! I have this phone from january 2011, it was great. Yest... moreYour contacts should be backed up automatically if you have entered your Google account. Just go to contacts.google.com and you should be able to see them ;)

• osmgc

I have had the phone for almost a year now. The physical keyboard works wonders and performance is great if you dont go crazy with apps. The phone dropped from my pocket while riding my bike, I was horrified, a passerby picked it up with concern as big as mine, and to our surprise, there was only a tiny scratch at the bottom of the display. Now Im sure I didnt threw money away when I bought it.

what website can i refer to,,overclock it ...??

• Help_me

Hi all!
I have this phone from january 2011, it was great. Yesterday i made update of some programs. When started Book and travel to update it frozed for a long time, so i removed the battery. Up to now i cant turn it on. The battery is ok, i checked it. I've tried to recharge, nothing. I gave it to service, and the man said that cant even boot. He will try to fix it, but all my information - contacts, sms, etc. will be gone. Any ideas how can i return my contacts?
ADVICE: BACK UP ALL INFO IN YOUR PHONE EVERY DAY!

I've had this device for more than a year now.
I could go into how HTC are annoying with their policies or how carriers make things annoying, but instead I will focus on what this device CAN be.
Coming from a Nokia E71 (also posted opinion on this web site) I wanted the things it didn't have: Proper Web Browsing, proper online video, good camera.
This device gets stuff done. Well.
It communicates well. The physical keyboard makes chatting a breeze (unlike On Screen Keyboard which hide half the conversation, ahm iphone ahm)
I even wrote a bit of code on it to calculate something via an SDK called AIDE.
The world of Android is literally at your fingertips, and except for games that specifically require nvidia tegra, everything works.
It syncs with several accounts, it lets me do work on the go, It plays music in my car while the navigation is also telling me where to go, this is a wonderful device.
The only issue is that it is easily breakable.
This device, unlike the legendary nokia e71, would not survive the apocalypse. so be careful, but enjoy!

• simon

apm, 26 Jun 2012which one is better? Htc desire z or nokia e7?Htc desire z of course!!!!nokia e7 is shit it has a nasty keybord and a very bad touch screen

• simon

mvuki, 09 Jul 2012I agree with you, i just bought the htc desire z, but i am regre... moreMy friend....you got it all wrong!!! It seems like you bought non original phone and I am sura about it becz many many times I have dropped it on the ground from a high distance probably 6 feet and nothing happened to the phone not even one scratch,the battery life is not poor like you are saying it is actually acceptable and I have noticed this but I can not say neither that the battery life is perfect neither the battery life is poor...btw this phone is not at allll fragile it is very solid,made of high quality materials and has a solid build quality and it is quite durable :)

• simon

AnonD-63637, 20 Jul 2012I just sent my HTC Desire Z in because the battery began drainin... moreIt depends how much was the force of the hit...if you dropped it from a high distance it is normal!!!

• simon

AnonD-65557, 04 Aug 2012Good phone..i've been using it for the past 1 and half year..the... moreActually you are wrong,I have had this phone(htc desire z) for a little bit less than a year and many times I have dropped it and threw it and it didn't get damaged and also many times I was pushing this phone to the limit by downloading a lot of big applications at the same time and surfing the internet and maybe the temperature of the phone was hitting the 50 degrees!!!

Hello there,

THIS IS A CALL TO ALL DESIRE Z LOVERS,

Desire Z is my phone for little over a year. It got one upgrade only so far. I recommend that we e-mail htc to provide the ics upgrade or even the JB which is better. I am asking Desire Z owners to start e-mailing the company for such upgrades for their great benefits that suit such a great high quality phone.

Thanks all

• ARK

Neosg, 22 Jul 2012I have been using HTC Desire z from past one year and i love it.... moreHello there,

Desire Z is my phone too for little over a year. It got one upgrade only so far. Ibrecommend that we e-mail htc to provide the ics upgrade or even the JB which is better. I will post a comment now to ask Desire Z owners to start e-mailing the company for such upgrades for their great benefits that suit such a great high quality phone.