HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

• Chief

nokia vs htc 0-10 lol

Stuntman, 13 Dec 2010Just tried the Facebook site. At least for the simple things li... moreThe problems i have most on facebook full site is
-accept game requests
-when clicking on MOST RECENT the page has to be reloaded before anything happens, esp. 1st time in a session
-chat positions itself anywhere on the screen and stays there while open
-clicking home redirects to the gay touch-site

some are more annoyances than errors.

Anonymous, 14 Dec 2010If you really had an Android phone (let alone the Desire Z) and ... moreReally, i have no android phone? And N900 have no multitasking?

N900 is the king of multitasking, you would know if you had one.

Im posting my opinion and you come with lots of crap, even comparing androids multitasking to N900, and saying 2 year old androids are better?? Androids have onli recently gotten flash support, its onli now android is becoming a realistic alternative.

Now tell us how to block ads? Is that also something you assume based on something you heard (and misunderstood) somewhere?

• mrcat

I work in support on these devices. BEST EVER slide Android Phone! Hasn't crashed, cover has no gaps, loud speaker is... Loud. Why dont they stick to Build quality like this!?

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2010N900 handles multipple windows much better, and der is no errors... moreIf you really had an Android phone (let alone the Desire Z) and weren't just posting all this BS because you're a Nokia fanboy, you'd know that ads can be blocked very easily in any application... I have no issues with Facebook (both the app and the full website) on my Desire Z, I'm not sure what errors you speak of but they're probably due to user error... Android performs multitasking the best out of all smartphones out there, all other platforms don't even have true multitasking (yes, including all of Nokia's offerings). Also, Android is based off of a modified Linux kernel, so it is, in fact open source and free, not to mention, you can install a modified version of Debian onto pretty much every Android phone out there, this has been around since before the G1/Dream was even released (the first Android phone to hit the market)... How is Android limited in any way? Once rooted, the possibilities are endless.

Sorry, but having owned both the N900 and now the Desire Z, the N900 is nowhere near as good as the Desire Z (or any other Android phone released in the last 2 years), no matter how you modify it, it will never be in the same class as the Desire Z. Next time you want to bash a phone/OS you haven't even touched, make sure you actually know what you're talking about.

• Optional ;)

I own it. And it owns every other Android device. Massively under-rated and over-looked. Its goddamn brilliant.

• droi

Much Desire z haters here phone is fine and much better then the n8 pls dont compare a pro pfone with nokia pls they dont know nothing about smartphones

• Stuntman

Anonymous, 13 Dec 2010Is hinge and three joint which connects two halves of phone made... moreI believe it is metal. It feels pretty hard. The joints where the supports meet each phone half looks like metal as well.

Is hinge and three joint which connects two halves of phone made up of metal or plastic?????

• Stuntman

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2010N900 handles multipple windows much better, and der is no errors... moreJust tried the Facebook site. At least for the simple things like status updates, it works fine. That is what I primarily do on my phone. I did play around some more and tried to load up Texas Hold'Em and it did not load well. I see where the limitations are. So far for the sites that I normally browse, I have not had any issues.

I am interested to see the new Meego devices. I wonder how the browser on those devices will be like.

• 0v0

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2010N900 handles multipple windows much better, and der is no errors... moreday after day i am facing slowness in my N900.
i will sell it & buy Desire HD

Stuntman, 12 Dec 2010Can you give a specific example of why the N900 browser is so go... moreN900 handles multipple windows much better, and der is no errors in for example Facebook full site, which is one of the sites where the Desire Z is very annoying coz of errors.

Its not a surprise, N900 isnt realy a phone, its an internet tablet/pocket computer with a simple phone app. The only phone to run a real PC operating system (Windows Mobile is not Windows, but Maemo5 is real Debian Linux).

To get even more real PC internet on a cellfone, N900 offers Easy Debian, with Iceweasel webbrowser, here it will offer full java support in addition to flash. This is the same firefox/iceweasel as you get when you install Debian on your PC. Thats pretty heavy stuff, java webpages on a handheld device, an impressive demonstration of application power in the palm of your hand. Android is a limited and Advertising based OS in comparison, Android lack the feeling of FREE, and even when rooted it appears so very limited (Dalvik...)

• vebs

Thanks for your valuable time .
I don't say that there is any problem just because of made in china. My DZ working smoothly.
Just curiosity that is there any problem in future with china made handset.
I just love it.
At least new buyers could take this point into consideration before buying.

Thanks again you all.

• Stuntman

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2010Its been a while now that i had my Desire Z. Coming from N900 be... moreCan you give a specific example of why the N900 browser is so good? What web sites and what specific things you try to do on those sites demonstrate this?

Stuntman, 11 Dec 2010It is interesting what you say about the quality of apps on Andr... morewhats more important is that i can play games on the N900 anywer anytime, dont need to activate packet data for anyone to force stupid ads on me. Lately all my free games and apps in android is telling me to buy LGs latest android fone, i cant even browse my files without getting ads. Paying for those apps is not an option, then i could just as well use iPhone and pay for everything.

Even more sad is that Nokia doesnt seem to have plans for a user friendly successor of N900. So im stuck with android for now, until HTC or someone jumps on the meego bandwagon. If only N900 had more physical RAM it would still be the best when overclocked to 800-900MHz. Well, battery life is an issue also...

• Stuntman

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2010Its been a while now that i had my Desire Z. Coming from N900 be... moreIt is interesting what you say about the quality of apps on Android. I used to use a Nokia N97. I had a very good pinball game on it. When I switched to a Desire Z, all of the pinball game I could find were crappy.

Overall, it is still much better than my N97, but almost anything would have been an improvement.

stellazio, 11 Dec 2010Between the screen contrast, resolution, colours and screen qual... moreTorch is a low res fone, well under half the number of pixels.

Blackberry is for business users, for everyone else it has almost nothing to offer.

• jason

vebs, 11 Dec 2010I fully satisfied with this handset but my small concern is my h... moreAll iPhones are made in China! Most cell phones are made in China on the earth! What's the matter with made in China? Check the super market,80% items are made in China!

Its been a while now that i had my Desire Z. Coming from N900 before that. I have to admit im getting a little fed up with android ways, ads and whatever restrictions they force onto the users. I can never love this fone as i loved my N900, Android is very inferior to Maemo5, and while there are many apps to Android, none of them is as god as the few apps availablfor N900. An example, for a long time there was onli one Sudoku available for N900, and God knows how many for android, but i cant find any sudoku for android as good as the single one for N900.

The music player is another example, while N900's original player has a serious shortcoming in playlists it is still better in other ways. And then the litttle thing called Easy Debian, Android will never see that kinda application powers. And dont need to root it to do fun terminal stuff and watever, and so on and on. And sorry to say Froyo cannot match N900 in webbrowsing, i think the maemo browser is still the onli real webbrowser on a fone, it was built from real firefox, its not an inherently mobile browser like all the others are.

Still, Desire Z is my main unit, good enough.

• stellazio

Between the screen contrast, resolution, colours and screen quality and clarity, which is better? The blackberry torch of the htc desire z?