HTC Desire Z

HTC Desire Z

• shobz

the slide z mechanism doesnt seem durable. it also very loose.

• Dooge

Dooge, 07 Dec 2010I have had the phone a little over 3 weeks and I am swapping it.... moreYeh, it might not be a common thing to do by holding it upside down but I still think HTC have not tested it enough or chose to release it anyway. Even in test the guys hear had their doubts about the longevity of hinge as there dosent seem much of a hardy spring in there, unless its reliant on the stiction of the z hinge? I wouldnt be surprised if other people complain too, but its just something im happy living with.

• This or Nexus S

This phone or Nexus S that coming out next week??

both phones are about the same price...

can anybody do a comparison,

thanks

• Borj

My Friend Wendy Legarda already have it... Sorry, not a big fan of HTC...

• 0v0

Anonymous, 07 Dec 2010Yah i think the HD is good also. Keyboard is too valuable for me... moreThanks for the feed-back bro,

but i think there is no much difference between Hd's Screen LCD & Z's Screen S-LCD.

i saw many screen comparison between Hd & Z, kust look the same.

i did some audio testing today, its a sad story. Get a sony headset at once if you buy this, the included headset has really low audio quality, maybe worse than the original headset of nokia 5800, and thats pretty bad already.

Playing through speakers (with subwoofer) was good, the bass is slightly elevated at flat settings compared to my N900 (the N900 has a near perfect flat response curve so its awesome as a reference), but that might be a good thing for some. For me thats pretty bad but not a disaster.

With a sony high end in-ear headset the sound is quite good, it has a good level of detail, but loses to the N900 in dynamics and spacing.

Thats my opinion, yours may vary, and i know most ppl could not care less =)

0v0, 07 Dec 2010i am still afraid of this hinge issue. Also, i heard that, this... moreYah i think the HD is good also. Keyboard is too valuable for me so i never considered the HD. I do however believe the color reproduction is better on the Z, SLCD is very impressive. Actually its better colors than Galaxy S on medium brightness settings (if anyone want to argue on that, im not saying SLCD is better than SAMOLED, it cant match the contrast and brightness, and SLCD does not have the best color reproduction at high brightness settings)

You who cant use the desire Z lying down, i dont know how you hold the fone coz its not a problem for me, part of my hand is supporting the screen part when i hold it like i always do.

• 0v0

Stuntman, 07 Dec 2010Of all the phone reviews I have seen for may different phones, n... morei am still afraid of this hinge issue.
Also, i heard that, this is a common issue with HTC.

So, i decided to go for Desire HD. At the end it is better & super than the Desire Z.

• Dennis Desire z

i overclocked mine to 1.42mhz.Now its superfast in benchmark [best score for smartphone now]
Just root it and overclock your desire z believe me nobody got a faster phone then you and its also save with setcpu program you can set it to 800mhz setcpu is on android market overclocking stuff is on xda developers

• Stuntman

0v0, 07 Dec 2010Check the below review on the Desire z hinge: http://forum.xd... moreOf all the phone reviews I have seen for may different phones, no one ever holds a phone that way normally.

• Dooge

I have had the phone a little over 3 weeks and I am swapping it. Im no perfectionist, but the two halves now wobble. It also now has trouble closing depending on where you lift the screen from. Im in a 2 year contract, and there is no way I could see it lasting half that. I cant use the phone lying down (for example, on the sofa) and send a text without physically holding the screen open now, which now makes for uncomfortable texting.

Otherwise, solid phone, I love the HTC Sense UI, very customisable, built solidly regardless of the hinge. Battery life is a little poor, but I expect that to improve with Gingerbread. I am going to change it for a Desire HD if possible, just down to that annoying hinge. For some people, it wont matter how loose it gets and if you really want it, go for it as you wont be dissapointed with the rest of the phone.

• 0v0

Check the below review on the Desire z hinge:

Stuntman, 07 Dec 2010I guess they just position their products for people who do not ... moreThumbs up,,,,,

Me too.

• Stuntman

[deleted post]I guess they just position their products for people who do not do video calling. None of the people I would call would do video calls. No secondary camera means I am no paying for something I do not use.

• Chodium sulfate

Did they forgot to include front facing secondary camera?
Now what about video calling or skype(ing) ? WTF...

• Stuntman

Stuntman, 06 Dec 2010The most annoying thing is that with the physical or screen keyb... moreJust noticed that the symbols I was trying to type did not show up. The symbols not available on the Desire Z keyboard are the less than symbol, greater than symbol and the carrot.

Stuntman, 06 Dec 2010Regarding the email issues I had, it was solely with my email ad... moreAh I see, thanks stuntman for your opinion

• krlosRD

HTC really do an excellent job on build quality. They only suck in Cameras and battery life :S

Anyways I'll buy this toy for christmas since I like Android a lot and cant live without a phisical keyboard!

HTC ROCKS!

• Stuntman

Anonymous, 05 Dec 2010this is the phone that I will most likely be getting soon, can a... moreRegarding the email issues I had, it was solely with my email address that I had with my cable internet provider. I also have a Hotmail account as well and that works well. Since I'm importing the email from my internet provider to Gmail, I did the same with my Hotmail account just to be consistent. If I only had a Hotmail account, I would probably have not done the import to Gmail.

HYC phones tend to be too fragile. Technically a fine product but mechacically I prefer the Xperia from Sony