LG G5

LG G5

ianik, 24 Apr 2017the Cam plus device, does it improve the photo/video quality or ... moreIt doesn't improve software quality but it helps you steady your hand for video since there is something to grip.

My friend had one and returned it. $80 wasn't worth the external buttons. There is only one colour and the thing wasn't pretty or "must have" But it did have a 1200 mah battery boost in it. But for 80 CAD she just bought a selfie stick and a backup battery kit.

Chris, 24 Apr 2017Do factory reset through settings menu( backup and reset) right?... moreAfter replacing power button, I factory reset using settings and everything was smooth again. Good luck!

how to move apps to sd in lg g5 without root?

• ianik

the Cam plus device, does it improve the photo/video quality or its just to ease the use with extra buttons?

• Chris

AnonD-650583, 24 Apr 2017After reset your phone will stay on nougat. And factory data res... moreDo factory reset through settings menu( backup and reset) right? Not through hard rest(pressing vol down and power button)

I just installed the April patch on my G5 nougat, here in the philippines. The size is 640 mb. FYI

Chris, 24 Apr 2017Just updated to nougat. I want to do factory reset to clear tras... moreAfter reset your phone will stay on nougat. And factory data reset should be good, imo.

Okay. Sticking to my G5 until V30, new Pixel or even new iPhone come out later this year.

My friend has owned G6 only less than 10 days but still that battery life... meh. Its pretty much same as my G5 when I look at her useage. she gets 4-4.5 hours screen time with about 15hrs use. Turns off location unless need gps, 50-60 brightness and non-gamer but she listens to music, and is a IG, FB and YouTube kind of chick.

So G6 is pretty slick but not enough of upgrade for me and S8 is nice to hold and see and I wanted to buy the s8plus for increased battery... but terrible fingerprint sensor location for design "symmetry" , camera is tiny update, and that damned Bixby button forcing its way onto that phone? No thanks. Ill wait.

• Chris

Just updated to nougat. I want to do factory reset to clear trash in phone memory. Will it revert back to marshmallow? Whats the best option.? Reset through the settings menu(back up and reset) or through recovery mode? Thanks for the reply

• Ianik

Hi,
i will buy one shortly and wanted to know if removing the bottom part frequently will cause it to be loose afterward. also, compared to s7, how is the camera quality?

• Savor

I noticed a hint of lag on my G5 when typing on this dialog box using Opera Mini and this site is on its mobile version. I noticed my Xiaomi Mi 3 seems to type faster. All is corrected now. I just downgraded my SwiftKey back to 6.0.x and not 6.5.x. Now it types beautifully. Even updating apps can mess things up like it does with updating firnware.

Texting experience is very important to me. Even moreso than cameras and RAM management. This is why I love AND hate my S7 edge at the same time. That pronounced curves and palm rejection is downright annoying. I will likely downgrade my SwiftKey on all my other phones and lose the country flags emojis but the S7 edge will still have the lag and frustrating palm rejection where nothing inputs.

For SwiftKey lovers, stay at around 6.0.x. Sometimes older is better. Oldie but goodie. My G5 still on Marshmallow rocks even better now. Typing on this flat screen is so fast and smoooth!

Use night screen overlay. it prevents image retention but dims the display.

• AnonD-219742

G5 User, 19 Apr 2017This is a great phone.. the only problem is the image retention/... moreYou are so correct. I also suffered with image retention after 2 month of usage. Unfortunately i couldn't do any thing as i bought the device without hardware warrenty. Idid a factory reset but the issue is exsist. I'm pretty sure it is a hardware issue. Finally i sold the device to a cheap price. I have heard this problem is common on g5,v10,v20. Looks like they never gonna recall. So i advise not to by lg smartphone.

• Rohan

Mr Grey, 09 Mar 2017The G5 on nougat has absolutely brilliant battery life and I'm a... morePls tell me version name like v10-xx... Something like that.and ur model number.

• Rohan

Mr Grey, 06 Apr 2017I have been using my G5 nearly 5 months now and for me I have ha... moreDid u updated to nougat.if yes what was the version name
??Plz tell me...

• Savor

Mr Grey, 20 Apr 2017The G5 is so underrated indeed whilst the S7 Edge is made out to... moreHear hear!

I can't go back to HTC though because after owning a Nexus One and HTC One M7 for a few years, I don't find HTC as reliable as LG from my personal experience. It is something with the Taiwanese like HTC and ASUS products that always gives me hardware issues in the longer run. Luckily my made in Taiwan Pixel is still holding up but who knows after a year or two?

HTC 10 is a good phone but I need that wide-angle lens, removable battery, IR blaster, and FM radio. But my favorite design of all-time will always be with either my HTC One M7 or Nexus One. I still have a photo with both next to each other along with an iPhone 4. All were sold off although I did rebuy a second-hand M7 for $60 a month ago.

I am just luckier with Lucky Goldstar than I am with Hi Tech Computer. The irony is I didn't get an LG smartphone until 2015. They were one of the last phone brands I tried out and they turned out better for me than ones from Samsung, Apple, and HTC. My Fantastic Final Four from trying out 14 different brands is Nokia, Motorola, LG, and now Google.

Savor, 20 Apr 2017Been only two months with mine and haven't experienced much lag ... moreThe G5 is so underrated indeed whilst the S7 Edge is made out to be the best but I just think that after a year I can replace the battery in my G5 and it be like new whilst the battery will be knackered in the Samsung phone and its just gona become a paperweight.

For me my G5 does everything I want it to with no difficulty,no slow down at all no matter what I throw at it and I do have a Htc 10 also but it cannot compete with the G5.
The HTC 10 has rubbish battery life and it needs constant charging especially with me bein a heavy user also but I do love the customisation of the HTC OS but my G5 is just better at doing every day tasks.
I have had the HTC m7,m8,m9 and I do reckon the HTC 10 is the best of them all though.

• Savor

Mr Grey, 20 Apr 2017I have been using my G5 nearly 5 months now and for me it's prov... moreBeen only two months with mine and haven't experienced much lag or stutter like the Galaxy S7 edge (SD820). Just saw a camera test with the G6 and it seems kinda bleh. Oversaturated colors. It did beat the G5 in some night shots from another comparison.

Waiting on the V30. If LG decides to have a sealed battery, then I will stick to the Pixel from here on out for future upgrades. Or even Nokia. HMD Global still has the DNA of Nokia, so haters can stop saying Nokia and HMD aren't related. Just because Jon Snow isn't a Stark by name doesn't mean he wasn't raised like one.

Love my G5 though. No palm rejection nonsense while typing. I usually bring 3 or 4 phones while I work as a Dasher. G5 is used for gaming and browsing. Pixel is used for DoorDash phone and Wi-Fi hotspot. Moto E2 is used for GPS. Have to conserve battery for the Pixel since it acts like a hotspot all day.

Only Pixel is more fluid in UI than the G5. The S7 edge cannot compare to both. My Mi 3 is smoother than it. Just leave S7e at home or sometimes if I want to bring my Gear VR during down times. I don't like glass rears, curved displays, or Samsung's laggy (over time) skin. S7 edge is so overrated while G5 is so underrated.

I have been using my G5 nearly 5 months now and for me it's proving to be one of the best phones I've ever had and yeah the build quality isn't the best but I keep it in a love mei case anyways so it doesn't matter and the battery life on nougat for me is excellent and I have had zero problems with the update but I did do a factory reset after updating the phone to clear out all the rubbish in the memory.
I do love the G6 and also the Samsung S8 but I think my next phone is going to be a imported V20 into the UK.

I would highly recommend the G5 because of the removable battery and that overall it's a really excellent but underrated smartphone.