LG KC910 Renoir

LG KC910 Renoir

• somchai

what is the operation system use in this lg renior? Reply

• sh

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2008I bought one from ebay shipped directly from singapore. The labe... moreI got this phone,I's only triband only.

SE Thomassen, 12 Dec 2008I'm surprised with all the negative sentiment in here as to the ... moreI can give you cons on most of those points mate. Might not be with all phones, but with branded ones it is.
They even gave out free 8gb memory cards so people might just keep the phone..

The only (might not be only, but for me it is tbh) good thing is the camera; it IS beautiful.. if you want a camera-phone then by all means buy it.

But!
Screen, not very responsive
Easy menus? Ha! Theyre always slow
Typing is annoying. virtual QWERTY is difficult to use because of small button sizes. And there are some bugs in 12 key layout too which annoyed me.
(Dont expect them to get fixed, LG suck for updates)

I dunno what you meant by hands-free sound.

Honestly, the only reason im reluctant about exchanging to the Pixon is it's lack of wi-fi and if it'll actually be much faster.

• SE Thomassen

I'm surprised with all the negative sentiment in here as to the "Renoir".
I actually do have the phone. With a 4 GB memory card.
I have had no problems. The camera is really beautiful with a quite strong flash.

It's pretty small, and fits without problems into my jeans front pocket.

Pro's:
1. Camera
2. Hands free sound
3. Screen
4. Easy menus
5. Choise of inputs: Keyboard, T9, handwriting with a stylus

Cons:
Chaotic adress register
Lack of third party programs (especially HandySafe), but it's on it's way.
Stylus not in phone

• mfxg

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2008Hi I brought this phone yesterday but I can't seem to be able to... moreApparently, it is a-GPS (assisted GPS).
CoPilot Live are presently evaluating it to see if it will work with their program; cf www.alk.eu.com

• Sickness

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2008don't believe everything that you've read on this forum. it woul... moreLmao.. i see.

I have a question then, should i switch from this slow-as-hell, dodgy piece of trash phone to the Samsung Pixon?
I can exchange and keep my contract for free. Only thing im worried about is still having a crappy Orange branded firmware package, and therefore not much faster as a phone.

Sickness, 12 Dec 2008Hey, Where did you get this news? please explain furtherdon't believe everything that you've read on this forum. it would make you paranoid.

• Sickness

Where did you get this news?
please explain further

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2008your nokia 5800 sucks... with its buggy OS and flimsy quality.i have this phone ,this lg and it's full with bugs.for example, if you take a small sd (2 gb) and fill it 80%,when you want to make a photo or video,just when you open the lens,all mobile freeze!!! you must take out the acumulator and restart,and after that you must format sd card. that's a bug my friend!!

guys,listen to me. i brought this mobile 4 days ago and in 40 minute,at the 2nd or at the 3rd call received,the main speaker burns!!! it was incredible!!! it was only hissing at peak signals!! the lg service do not have any spare parts for this junk simply because it's too new,and i must wait one months minimum to identify,command and replace the ear speaker. it was such a mess,i give it back and i took nokia n85 and i am now very satisfied. i will wait summer 2009 when nokia will release their 8mp mobile,along with n97 and i will never take korean junks!!! at kc910 the gps works only with google maps wich must be downloaded in real time through 3g network with a big amount of data and...money. never make my mistake to take this toy

Anonymous, 10 Dec 2008this is a superb phone, i've read tons of reviews and 99% percen... moreyour nokia 5800 sucks... with its buggy OS and flimsy quality.

Anonymous, 12 Dec 2008guys plzz... give this phone achance... it is amazing phone i ha... morelg ku990 is already amazing, so lg kc910 is twice as amazing.

guys plzz... give this phone achance... it is amazing phone i have omnia , nokia e90 and nokia 5800 ... and i saw LG KC910 Renoir with one of my friends,, it is amazing.. very nice i used for just 30 mins and i love it.. but the problem is my friend bought it from out side uae and i can not find it in UAE .. plzzz if some one know from where i can get this phone in UAE and the price... i really like it alot..
PS: i used alot of mobile phone.. and this one is amazing

I bought one from ebay shipped directly from singapore. The label on the side shows triband, not quadband. I don't know why everywhere shows that this phone is quadband when it's not. Even samsung's singapore website shows it is quadband. My place has very low signal about 2 to 3 bars for my K850i, with the renoir, I got no signal at all, very disappointing. All other features very good. Even the touch screen very responsive. I wonder if there are different versions of this phone? BTW, there is no way you can check with the software to know if it is indeed triband or quadband. I tried many times to search in the network connection section where it shows you the gsm band to choose, but there is no option like that. It just offer an option to select all, 3g, gsm.

Hi I brought this phone yesterday but I can't seem to be able to get GPS, does this phone have sat nav?? I have found maps, but it's google maps, not a sat nav program, can someone help me on this one please??

weak flash..
low battery life...
slow UI...

simply, toy phone..
it's perfect for your child under 12..

Anonymous, 10 Dec 2008battery lasts me 2 days wih heavy usageheavy usage is soooooooooooooooo subjective.

anyway, battery last for 1 and 1/2 days for average usage.

crappy phone.

LG admitted they wanted to beat Nokia 5800 and quickly launch this phone to capture the market.

The only thing LG captured are disappointed LG renoir users :) hahaha - are you one of them?

• nuts

i think only down part is the ring volume isn't very loud. seems to be louder when playing music.

• LGE

Anonymous, 11 Dec 2008Good news, LG is recalling all Renoir phones. They have found ma... morewhere did you see the news?

Good news, LG is recalling all Renoir phones. They have found major bugs and h/w problem.