Microsoft Lumia 550

Microsoft Lumia 550

• Wouter

I bought a new 550 on sunday with an ssd card. the phone keeps crashing using the ssd card. I have been back and got a new one but having the same problems. without a ssd card it works great, but the extra storage is necessary when you like music and photo's. it is sorry that Nokia has made such poor working phones. I returned the phone because nothing worked with the ssd card. Looks like Nokia has made a big mistake here. My trust in the Lumia has gone to zero. Be ware of this problem before you get this product. Very poor

• Wouter

Dave, 13 Mar 2016Paid the extra for pay as you go but £20 just vanished and... moreHey Dave, I think the information you may have received was not totally accurate, the updates on the phone are all free but the mobile data it uses to download the updates does cost quite a lot if you do not have a data bundle. There is an option under settings to turn off mobile data if you do not wish for it to use your credit on downloading updates but the downside to this is that you will not be able to access the internet if you have no Wi-Fi connection. updates and internet will work fine as long as you are connected to a Wi-Fi network though and you will not incur any charges for downloading updates. I would recommend taking the phone back to the store and ask them for the mobile data to be turned off if you are unable to locate the setting yourself and call EE Customer Services (150 from the phone, this should also be free) and ask for your £20 back, they are not obligated to refund you the money but they may do out of good will. I hope this helps.

• Atif

Jam, 08 Mar 2016I m planing 2 bye l550 but most reviews said batery is draining... moreYes before use first do factory reset of your new mobile then open store and update all the apss it should be round about 42 apss that will be updated it will took an hour. After that install windows insider from store and check for phone updates and install. After that your phone will be very smooth and battery timing also good.

• dave

In reply to my previous complaint, I as a pensioner am not prepared to keep paying for windows 10 updates. I get them for free on my home PC.

• Dave

Paid the extra for pay as you go but £20 just vanished and the phone malfunctioned. Went back to EE who reprogrammed everything but still problems. EE said it used up my credit on windows updates. I now have no credit and can't phone anyone. it is now a useless piece of junk unless anyone has any ideas?

• rg

Lumia 550 is good phone. After buying this phone you will need to update it. 2 updates that are release for non insiders 10586.71 and 10586.164. Seems stable but remember windows 10 mobile is a continuous update mobile OS same with the desktop windows 10. If you like to recieve fast updates be a insider member. Many will say that windows 10 is beta but its not. The OS was release November 2015 with few bugs and will recieve updates that so many updates until 2018.

• cibin

Atif, 02 Mar 2016I am using lumia 550 from a week. Its really a nice phone everyt... moreI hav l550...i like this phone very much...but..the battery discharge very fast &g et heated...

• cibin

alpha software, no good get android messenger nice with google UI, forget this rubbish samsung always win. I like updates regular..and lots of nice changes, windows phone is like having UBUNTU O/S LOL on pc . People laugh say what he using??..strange phone from another galaxy hahahahah, Toyworld Phone.

• Jam

I m planing 2 bye l550 but most reviews said batery is draining fast,app can't open.Is these issues can solved after update?

• Atif

Tushar, 04 Mar 2016Cortana isn't available in India yet. If you want to use it, cha... morenow coratana is available India. also. First update your phone and download India (English) language after that it will work. I am using coratana now.

• Atif

Anonymous, 05 Mar 2016Very bad, slow.. very very fast to hot the lumia 550... 1 month ... moreI am totally disagree with you. this phone is good but you have to know how to handle a windows phone. When you buy first do the reset and then update all the apps from store and then update your phone by windows insider after that it will work fine bro.

• Atif

nandhu, 07 Mar 2016Hi, I bought Lumia 550 because of its windows 10 OS. But it is r... moreDear kindly reset your phone first and then update its version by using windows insider. After updating speed will be good and battery timing will also increase. I am using this phone and i am facing no problem.

• Atif

AnonD-512017, 07 Mar 2016I really don't have the same experience. I have a 950 XL and wit... moreDear I am using this fone and i do not have any problem with this. None of application have ever crashed. whatsapp, facebook, twitter, cortana, skype, etc everything is working good.. But you can not compare it with iphone 6s...

• AnonD-512017

Lumia lover, 06 Mar 2016Totally disappointed in this phone. I really wanted to give Lumi... moreI really don't have the same experience. I have a 950 XL and with Win10 WhatsApp never crashes or fails. Remember that this is a budget phone and cant be compared with an iPhone 6. If you have an iPhone 6 then you should go with the 950 or 950 XL as it is comparable.

• nandhu

Hi, I bought Lumia 550 because of its windows 10 OS. But it is really disappointing. All my expectations got shattered. During initial few days the battery got discharged very fast and mobile is also heated up. It was then rectified at Microsoft service center. But again after 1 month the same problem repeats. moreover speed is also very slow. Can anybody suggest what has to be done to overcome the issue. I am from India.

• Lumia lover

Totally disappointed in this phone. I really wanted to give Lumia a try: I have an iPhone 6 and BB Classic. WhatsApp crashes, freezes, even reboots don't seem to fix it. Someone sends you a photo and the app freezes! Crazy. WhatsApp ought to be minimum working app considering the number of people using it. Even my old Nokia 515 did much better with WhatsApp!

A big surprise for its great screen. With the latest updates Winodws 10 for moving to improved enough, although there are still details to fix. You have to give Microsoft time to mature operating system, but are on the right way. Powerful sound but the speaker should be on the front of the mobile. The only negative camera is not very good but for the price you can not ask for more. From Spain. See you soon.

I have to retract all previous positive statements on here about the 550, mine has started to act up now freezing up and apps not working also the Facebook app proves problematic for me I cannot seem to upload photos I have taken to my Facebook account, which I believe is a common problem, unfortunately the phone has become very unstable and is kept up to date, I wouldn't recommend unless Microsoft get everything right on it but they keep delaying updates which it looks like people are getting sick and tired of.