Motorola DEFY

Motorola DEFY

• Sahil

Hi,

I am fed up with this phone. There are not much applications installed by me, but phone is so slow that sometimes I need to wait for 2 mins for making a call. Also whenever there is call in waiting, I am not able to see the screen so doesnt come to know whos call is in waiting.
Please give your valuable suggestion, I'll be really thankful.

Thanks & Regards,
Sahil

• Enliven

Phonomia, 19 Sep 2011Yes absolutely. You root it/ mod the RAM and the warranty ... moreI just love my defy wish i could upgrade it to 2.3

every single penny spent on this is worth

Is Defy a woth mobile.......Jus planning for it??..provide ur suggestions folks

• Phonomia

Abhi, 19 Sep 2011Can any one tell me that if i install a modded rom on my ph... moreYes absolutely.
You root it/ mod the RAM and the warranty gets void.
I would recommend rooting it only when you desperately require it or the warranty period is done with.

• Abhi

Can any one tell me that if i install a modded rom on my phone then will it void my phones warranty in India?

• RisH

AnonD-2956, 18 Sep 2011In specs at various sites, it shows TI OMAP 3610 in Defy &a... moreJeetu, first u need to root ur defy, search for superoneclick method, then go for the overclock.

devilonleash, 18 Sep 2011Hi Jeetu Got my defy this evening only and am lovin it so ... moreOnly for 13.7k in Delhi?? Where ??
I really can't believe it! Amazing.
It started hanging in only first 4 hrs of use ?
That's a bit awkward .
Feature wise it is really much much better than SE Mini.
Also please tell me about Audio quality & Display.
Also If you can, Please clarify on lags & hangups.
Thanks.

• vrj

anyone pls tell about the camera quality and video recording quality

• devilonleash

AnonD-2956, 18 Sep 2011I have to clear few things before buying it. Does it come ... moreHi Jeetu
Got my defy this evening only and am lovin it so far..shall try to clarify some of your doubts which i also had till last week:
In india froyo is pre-installed. In some of the forums you can read abt upgrading it to gingerbread
No lags in the last 4 hours of using it.scrolling & navigation pretty smooth Angry bird plays pretty well and hung only once..
call quality crisp and clear..i got it for 13.7k in delhi..between xperia mini & defy my vote goes to the phone which i just bought :D

• smoker

wat is d best the first DEFY or the DEFY+?

AnonD-19755, 28 Aug 2011Motorola Defy uses 800mhz TI OMAP 3630 (supports 1Ghz) and ... moreIn specs at various sites, it shows TI OMAP 3610 in Defy & 3620 in Defy+ ????
Can anyone clear this ?
Also how to overclock from 800MHZ to 1GHZ ?

I have to clear few things before buying it.
Does it come with froyo installed or we have to update from Eclair ?
Are there any chances of gingerbread.
Are there any lags in UI like while scrolling homescreens, Main Menu, Contacts, Messages or in games like angry birds etc.
Exactly what I wanna know is that the overall performance of the phone is smooth or not.
How's the screen, Audio Quality & Call Quality.
What's the price in India.
Should I buy it or wait for Defy+.
Will it be better than SE Xperia Mini(I am confused between mini & defy only due to the screen size, other than that mini is better in every aspect, I think).
OK, I think I'm asking for a complete review.
Please Help me.
Thanks.

• John

Hi got my defy few days back,doing well !!!! have 2 do r&d soon... battery dissapointin sometimes..but ma defy ROCKS...™

just flash my defy to cm7 2.3.5 ,all features work better than official froyo 2.2.2
i) i can move all apps to SD card nt like the old froyo..only sum of the apps and games can be moved..
n also a nice screen off animation just like google nexus...
ii) my free RAM become 2xx from 1xx which is the old official froyo , n i can overclock it to 1 GHZ ...thx to CM7
great phone!!

• Zoren

Kool exellent phone"." its fun n im amazed with it!
The nice thing abt it is it has internet fb utub gmail......

Sarvy, 14 Sep 2011Can we get Android 2.3 on this phone? Does upgrading to 2.... more2.3.3 rom cm7 is ready for defy
2.3.4 miui rom is ready too
and motoginger and other 2.3 rom too
enjoy

• Pallavjohn

One thing I know that this device comes with 2.2 version preloade (India).Ihave this amazing mobile n its awesome in every aspect.......

Anonymous, 08 Sep 2011I'm going to buy a new mobile but I can't decide Samsung ... moreMotorolla officially released the DEFY Plus,so GOODBYE GINGERBREAD for original Defy unless we root it:-)

• devilonleash

piskr, 14 Sep 2011A brief answer to your questiones regarding Motorola Defy: ... moreThanks bud..getting a wifi router at home..better way of connecting to net..
Cheers

• devilonleash

guru talk, 14 Sep 2011Hi!I have been using this great phone for the past 6 months... moreThanks da..yeah getting the phone this weekend then shall update my adventures with this phone. :)