Motorola DEFY

Motorola DEFY

i have been using this mobile for more than a year so far its been good .battery back up is great for it price it almost has all capabilities of a expensive smart phone . except for RAM but tat too once you update it with Cyanogen it supports most of the high end games

• Suji

Sboy, 12 Feb 2013Hi, i would like to know how is the battery of this fone?? does ... moreHi, Battery life is really good when campared to all other android phones.I saw many of my colleagues carrying charger/cable along with their Samsung mobile always, I never used to do so as My Motorolla gives better battery life.(Ofcourse it will get drained if we use GPS , Playing videos continually)

• Sboy

Hi, i would like to know how is the battery of this fone?? does it die in just 1 day of chargin ??

• Suji..

Hi, I am using this phone for near to one year without much problems.Unfortunately phone fallen down down on concrete slab(Edge)and display got damaged very badly.Still everything working fine including touch screen,speaker e.t.c.Just wanted to check is it possible to replace with same Gorilla screen and how much will it cost approx.Can anyone help on this query?

• razz

sathya, 11 Jan 2013can u post the link for ICS?Plz sir tell me how upgrate my ph to JB???

• razz

Plz help me...plz I want to upgrade my defy to jb plz tell me how to do it..... plz or I have a problem sometimes my Bluetooth device not work when I will reset my ph then it work.what is my solution???

• nicki

how do i turn off my roaming on defy abroad

• Mislav

My Defy is runing like mad on Cyanogenmod 7 (Android 2.3.7). It is 4 times faster than on stock Android 2.1 or 2.2. Here are short but sweet instructions: Root your defy with SuperOneClick (https://www.box.com/s/y3cc0q8nxasgi5jeu6jo). Then download latest STABLE version of cyanogenmod 7 from here: http://download.cyanogenmod.org/?type=stable&­;device=jordan (cm-7.2.0-jordan.zip, do not download UNOFFICIAL or NIGHTLY builds because they are in testing phase still). Than download and install Android SDK from here: http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html (They have extensive guide for installing and setting up). And lastly follow this guide: http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Install_CM_for_jor­dan (You have already gained root access, so skip first step!). ENJOY your new DEFY! :) Oh, install ADW LAUNCHER EX, it will speed up transitions even more. :)

• choozy

sathya, 11 Jan 2013can u post the link for ICS?Here is the link for Cyanogenmod 9.1 - Ice Cream Sandwich for the Defy on XDA-Developers:

Remember that you are responsible for your device, that the warranty of the device will no longer be valid and that you know what you are doing.

It is strongly advised to back up all info on your phone before proceeding.

This ROM is in BETA but should be stable enough as a daily driver as you read in the comments.

• sathya

Hi, 11 Jan 2013Yes but you need to root it, I have mine with Android 4.0 and ru... morecan u post the link for ICS?

• Tony

I have been using this phone from the last 1.5 years.

Besides it is a battlefield phone with the rubber body, and minor almost unperceptive screen scratches who has survived a lot of drops, it is a very unstable phone.

With a lot of lags, freezes, the battery drops without reason, sometimes I need to take off the battery in order to reset the phone.

The root and the Android 4.0 kinda improve it, but stills freezing, you cannot leave the 3G on, because will drop the battery in a matter of hours.

I really don't recommend this phone to anyone, I think I will keep this phone like 6 more months.

• Hi

San, 09 Jan 2013IS there any upgrade beyond Andriod 2.2. If so pls let me know h... moreYes but you need to root it, I have mine with Android 4.0 and runs faster than the 2.2 bullsheeet.

My brother install another SO call MIUI
http://miuiandroid.com/community/ for this phone

• San

Anonymous, 08 Jan 2013It is virtually impossible to break this device by rooting/insta... moreIS there any upgrade beyond Andriod 2.2. If so pls let me know how to upgrade. I am eagerly looking for a upgrade for my Motorola MB 525 [DEFY] model.

PLs reply..

It is virtually impossible to break this device by rooting/installing custom roms as the bootloader is still locked. Great phone. It still supports and runs Jelly Bean perfectly fine.

defy is best 1.5 years from now and no problem

• namor

Jacob, 08 Nov 2012Love this phone it's been great. Rooted and flashed with CM10 (J... morehi Jacob,
is there a risk that the phone will die if the root doesn't work or mistakes in following the instructions? please reply via my email, if alright with you. I'm planning to get the korean version of the defy, cream white back cover? I appreciate it! Thanks, Alan Hwang. my email: hanwarrior1@gmail.com

I'm nearing the end of a 24 month contract and will be glad to never see this phone again. Constant screen freezes and lagging has been a problem from the start, even with very few apps/widgets installed. Resetting the phone would help for a short while but in my opinion the user shouldn't have to do this twice a month to get a phone to function. What attracted me to the phone originally was the compact design, sturdy casing and android OS. I still like these aspects, but overall I would never recommend this phone to anyone.

• sushil

it is a good phone, I am using it for the last 2years.no problems at all. good resolution, actual gorilla glass screen, water &dust proof, usable in rough conditions. only 1 limitation it can't read Hindi text.