Motorola DEFY

Motorola DEFY

• abhi

Hey guyz just tell me abt the Battery life of the Defy .... heard it doesn't hv good battery life & also the phone doesn't hv a good camera quality & experience is it ri8 ??
pls reply

AnonD-5039, 30 Apr 2011Thanks for the reply. I googled about the screen problem and ... moreWhen I get time I will start playing with software.

Coming back to the broken screen issue. If you go onto Youtube without a doubt you going to find many videos of people putting these phones in water. There is one of a guy with one tied to a piece of string behind his bicycle being dragged about.

The phone is lifeproof not idiotproof

Did anybody test for Android 2.2 ?
is this available for India yet ?

AnonD-2725, 30 Apr 2011I would take statements like that with a pinch of salt. You will... moreThanks for the reply.

I googled about the screen problem and found that many users have got broken screens and dead pixels. The ear piece problem was also there but they have fixed that now.

I know, not all of the handsets are faulty but some of them might have had manufacturing defects.

I love this phone. I am from India and waiting for its price to come down. They should provide gingerbread for this phone.

Another thing i am worried about is the locked bootloader. Have you tried rooting it?

AnonD-5039, 16 Apr 2011Wow!! ur experience with Defy is much different with what the ea... moreI would take statements like that with a pinch of salt. You will always get people that are going to slag a product off. The reason why we have to log in now to post comments on GSMarena is (I suspect) because the iphone 4 comments section became a toilet literally. But everyone is a hero from behind their keyboards.

so when people make claims like the glass broke from 2-3 feet or while charging, then I think they Nokia/LG/BB/Samsung/iphone fan boys trying to run this phone down. I dropped mine onto a tile floor form about 8 feet and it didnt even pick up a scratch.

AnonD-5490, 20 Apr 2011in S.A its called the mb525 and the OS came as 2.2 not sure if i... moreGot my Defy through MTN SA 2 weeks ago. Its got the latest version of Motoblur.

Anonymous, 28 Apr 2011for me, the wildfire generation is the most horrible experience ... moreGot a Wildfire. It's not a bad phone for the price, but it is falling short for my needs. Recently got a Defy and it is way ahead of the Wildfire. Heck it even outperforms my cousins overrated overpriced BB Torch.

soni1877, 29 Apr 2011defy is much better than wildfire. the biggest difference is s... moreI am in complete agreement with you pal. i'd only like to add one thing - Wildfire long back got the Froyo (2.2) update and it runs pretty ok but no flash support nor you can play most of the games due to hardware limitations .

• Iman

It's my 1st Android phone, I love my Defy.

• soni1877

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2011motorola defy or htc wildfire s??? don't know which one to choosedefy is much better than wildfire.
the biggest difference is screen resolution and processor speed which is worst in wildfire.
if you really want to feel the application of android then you are supposed to have a faster processor. so in this way defy beat wildfire and resolutions wise you can put together both of the cell and take a look on your own you will never want to have wildfire.
defy comes with 3g hotspot application and dlna is also there with the part of kernel. defy is upgradable to 2.2 and for wildfire i am not sure.
if wildfire is not upgradable to 2.2 then it is a huge drawback again you will not be able to install applications on sd card with 2.1 while in defy you have inbuilt memory of 2gb which will allow you to install application for time being you get the upgrade.

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2011motorola defy or htc wildfire s??? don't know which one to chooseDefy is with 800MHz processor whereas Wildfire is with 600MHz processor.. Defy is rugged while Wildfire is not..!!

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2011motorola defy or htc wildfire s??? don't know which one to chooseDefy anyday buddy . Defy got much better specs ... bigger screen , much better proccy (800Mhz) and ram(512mb), way better battery life (wildfire sucks in this front , wont last 12 hours) , Defy is dust and water proof , screen resolution is way better than that of wildfire(one of the worst resolution) ... even after having much bigger screen defy's overall proportions are less than that of Wildfire !

Anonymous, 27 Apr 2011motorola defy or htc wildfire s??? don't know which one to choosefor me, the wildfire generation is the most horrible experience of android, so go for defy

• luis

this is one of the BEST phone I ever had...from the physical look, specification and durability..... Best phone I would always recommend.

• Subu.

I m using Nokia C7 for d past 2 months,, nice phn.. D only irritating thing is 8mdpxl camera bt fixed focus,, no auto focus..
I hav seen Motorola Defy & planning 2 buy it,, Awesm looks wd 3.7inch screen..

• fgarcor

I have upgraded this phone to CyanogenMod 7, ported from 2.3.3 Android and it flies !!! I love this phone more than my Nexus One. Go Moto !!

motorola defy or htc wildfire s??? don't know which one to choose

sup ya all.
Defy n me525 are one phone bt me525 comes upgraded 4 users like u.check it out if you don't blive me.
I'm planin on getting mb525 thats what it is called in S.A.peace

• joff

not bad

• mr anonymous

hey guysfirst read the deatailed review before you postyour already answered questions.