Motorola RAZR V3

Motorola RAZR V3

• azza

in regards to simons comment i agree that this phone is a really bad handset however u have to realise this phone was designed as a fashion statement if u were to ask someone who wears all the new in date clothes and who has all the modern kitchens and stuff if they like this handset although they will saythe features are not upto much they will say that the phone is what they are looking for after all its faults it does look nice and it is really the only handset of its kind

• azza

dnt buy it for god sake dont buy it. i wouldnt have this phone if you gave me it let alone 200 dollars thats still like 160 english pound or sumfin, its a lota money if u want a moto handset quad band go for the mot v547 although it aint really as good i wud say its a lot better than this sayin that theres the mot v635 i believe that is quad band its goin quite cheap at the moment too so its prob worth a look at that one matey.

• dj.

Ok, guys Ive been looking for a quad-band phone, but im not sure again because this is by motorola. How is the v3 for you? Does anyone have it and like it? Because i am not paying high for this phone. only paying $200 So would you guys buy it for 2 bills?

• Simon

Whatta disaster, yeah, I too was seduced by the looks and TV ad campaign and 'Hello Moto' but sorely disappointed after spending 32,000 Thai Baht ($842.00) on it in December in Bangkok. Then 'dismayed'& gobsmacked to see in March it had plummeted in cost to 23,000 Thai Baht ($605.00!!) in about 2 months!! Why?? Something's afoot I thought...
Reading the reviews since, I would have never bought it had I known then what I know now. Worse still, I [easily] broke my LCD screen and had to send to Sydney for repair, - more expense. This will undoubtably be the MOST EXPENSIVE mobile phone I ever have, or will own, 'criminally' so and for what? It will end up costing me well in excess of $1,000 in all with repairs and postage via DHL for repairs...
Functions and software are 'questionable' at best and I've already suffered a Software 'fault' after only one week of operation when I somehow inadvertantly deleted 'three pr-recorded Moto themes' - which according the the manual is 'impossible'(?). Then it wouldn't 'ring' only light up and it took loads of jiggery pokery and reprogramming with caller ID's to get it to 'ring' again. The LCD screen suffered a 'crack/damage' with a minimal impact from another object, so fragile for such expense.
No video, ok but Camera's not good with grainy wishy-washy images and memory fills quickly. Keypad keys sometimes are 'sticky' without effect when pressed, especially my downward cursor/directional key.
My hat goes off to Motorola for blatantly conning so many people with this show-phone, and it seems I am just one more unhappy customer....I feel 'duped' quite honestly.

• baby

V3 is not a good phone with no video nothing its resolution is good but other things are worst and its prices are touching skies.....

• SE

Sony Ericsson are the best now don't you know?NOKIA are quality,but you pay lot's of money for little functions.SE changed this standarts...(for example k500i-camera,mp3,3D Games and IR Port in one phone on very low price)KEEP ON WALKING SE!!!

• TE

I Like it.

• blayzeit

I just bought this phone...Biggest problem is that the software is a bit slow, also there is NO OPTION to use only the PHONES memory for contacts, u HAVE TO use the sim card contacts, it should allow us to choose which numbers we would like to display. Only way around this is to copy all sim card contact info to the phone and then put the sim card in another phone and delete all the numbers from your SIM! RIDICULOUS! Otherwise the phone LOOKS beautiful. ; )

• Hanni

I was pretty keen to get this phone. After reading this discussion forum, theres no way I'm gonna get it now........... I NEED A FONE THAT WORKS MAN NOT A GOOD LOOKING TOY>>>LOLZ

• larry

from the moment i saw this phone, i LOVED it, but when i opened it up to use. it's just like any other motorola phone out there.i'm glad i didn't have to pay for it.

• asim

Motorola v3 Razor...eeehh..Sorry I am so annoyed with this phone so much so that anyday now I may just stamp on it...ok I need to calm down..but wat a let down I should have trusted good old nokia why did I want to try something different...Such an expensive phone and wat am I able to do with it apart from making phone cals..erm oh yes use the alarm...thats it....It comes no where near my previous humble nokia 7250i..I really miss it especially its battery life and the radio...Razor a complete waste of money...My advise to anyone please please do not make the same mistake as me....it just looks nice that is all...I am having problems pairing it with my pc...battery is crap, no where near the life of my beloved 7250i..battery meter is wrong..battery low warning is too short...phonebook rubbish...hands free kit crap....no where near as crisp as u know wat...buttons don't work half the time...need i go on

• JabRa

Does V3 have external SMS Memory? or Just the SIM Cards Memory used for SMS?

and V3'bluetooth is it 10mt or 100mt??? I heard someone talkin about its 100mt is it true?

• Samuel

Great idea by Motorola. Put a sub-standard phone with poor features in a flashy case and make lots of money. Trouble is, most people will only stand for being conned once. I was duped into getting this phone by its appearance, but as I have learned to my cost, appearances can be deceptive. My next phone will not be a Motorola.

• Eli

Wow reading all your comments are like making me worried that I bought this phone. I mean yea there are some things that I agree on like how the you can only scroll through the names in the phone book by the first letter, that theres no video recording and expansion slot, but no phone is perfect. So far I had my phone for like over a month and I have not come across any problems. I dropped it once already but nothing cracked just got a little dent on the side but no big deal. I have owned other phones outside Motorola and yea alot have better navigation systems but I really love how Moto designs their phones and with their technology im used to it. I mean it makes and recieve calls and is awesomely beautiful. Good enough for me. Overall I have yet to come across anything major.

• pumping

i own this phone for a wekk now and all i can say that it is the worest phone ever! just crap,trash,garabge and rubbish!

my advice to anyone who is thinking of buying one is DON'T!!!!!!!!

• Fergus

I bought my wife a V3 for her birthday. I paid £450 at Carphone Warehouse for a sim-free one as she was not due an upgrade. She hated it once she used it, despite her raving about it based upon its looks. Hers kept switching itself off also. We sold it on Ebay for £230 as we left it too long to take it back (we kept it for 4 weeks thinking she might grow to like it, but she just grew to have it more). I lost £220 and then had to pay out to get her a new phone, a Samsung D500 which she is happy with. As she put it, the ideal phone would be a V3 with Samsung technolgy inside, then you would have looks and performance. The V3 is just for show, utter rubbish as a phone.

• JP

I am very dissappointed with this phone. The functions and operating software are very poorly designed. It makes and receives calls fine and I like the alarm feature, but that is as far as it goes. The rest of it is rubbish. I had already decided after a month that I wanted to get rid of it, but now the screen has gone faulty and I have to wait for it to be repaired, but when it comes back I will sell it. Boo to Motorola. What is the point of the beautiful styling and a all the advertising? You won me over then then lost my custom forever as I feel totally ripped off. I will nevr trust Motorola again.

• azza

just tell watchdog this, u had a lot to say about o2 and the k700i causing us to withdraw the handset for a while how about forcing motorola to withdraw sale of this until it actually works all the problems i have recieved about this phone an employee of o2 is unbilievable at least 2 calls a day is someone complaining about the v3 and its screen

• Les

v3 action group - "watchdog"

please read the post below for details

• Les

I am currently in dispute with Motorola over a broken front screen on my V3. They will not fix it under warranty as they say it is "customer damage" and I will have to pay £75 to have it repaired. Like others on here, I did not drop or mistreat the phone, it simply broke under normal use.

Reading the comments below, it seems that quite a few of you are similarly dissatisfied with this model and many of you have also found it to be fragile. Considering the price of this phone, it really should be able to withstand normal day-to-day use and perform in a satisfactory manner.

For this reason, I am preparing a case against Motorola claiming that the phone is not "fit for the purpose for which it is intended" as required by law. This is based upon its fragility mainly, but also the poor performance and reliability. I am also writing to the "watchdog" consumer TV program to see if we can get a satisfactory response from Motorola. I have had preliminary talks with Watchdog by telephone and they are interested in hearing about the problems people have encountered, particularly with the V3, which has been a big part of the current high profile "Hello-Moto" campaign.

If any of you wish to join my quest for Motorola to be answerable for the poor design of the V3, please email me giving details of you complaint and I will pass all your comments on to Watchdog.

The idea is that if we all get together and bring these matters to light, they cannot fob us all off individually, we can fight as a group of dissatisfied consumers.

My email address is lesadams@blueyonder.co.uk