Nokia 1

Nokia 1

• TheoS

The last thing I thought of when buying the Nokia 1 was to play games on it. Being inquisitive I thought what the hell... it's not made for that lemme check anyway. Some people have reported heating issues with normal use.... well, a demanding game should show exposure any cooling issues quicker.

• TheoS

This guy really tried hard to break it... succeeded in cracking the screen...but the phone still worked afterwards.

• Arya

Nokia 1 support VoLTE... Great...

• TheoS

As cheap as it is, it's still got legendary Nokia toughness and build quality.

• @sunnythesinger

amazing phone, love it

• TheoS

Here is the thing. I'm from South Africa. Many phones available on the world market have no support here. Sure, many have better specs for mostly around twice the price for an entry level phone. But if one of them break...no support here. You throw it away.

That's why I've stuck with Nokia. Like I said earlier I've bought another Nokia 1. For ZAR 900 on special at Game stores here it's simply an absolute bargain.

And it(they) now will still be working when the better specced non supported brands go faulty. And as a Nokia it is still legend. As cheap as it is. Built to last and not impress in the short term. Just does what it does well. I expect lots of reliable use for in the future.

• Arya

I just buy this phone today... Nice build...
Nothing wrong with this phone, i buy this phone because i am not a big fans of 5 inch display...

I need a small phone for daily use..Internet browsing, facebook, instagram, telegram, whatsapp...

Heating problem only happen in 3G coverage in my phone...and it happen at highnoon... it was about 10.00 to 15.00 o'clock...

• TheoS

Okay I'm old school. I've fallen in love with my Nokia 1 I purchased not even a month ago. I'm going to buy another one tomorrow. Bill and Melinda Gates sponsored the YouTube video that Jerry Rigs Everything posted. Build quality and everything about this phone is spot on. It does what it does WELL. It's an absolute Gem.

• TheoS

Anonymous, 06 Jun 2019Reminds me a lot of the Nokia 1208 back in the day, only not as ... moreThe hardware checking apps all day it's a bigger battery. It's 2150mAH. Software glitch probably.

Reminds me a lot of the Nokia 1208 back in the day, only not as indestructible - not a good phone in terms of specs, but that's not what this phone's about. Easy to use, good for taking to places where you might break or lose your phone, good to have as a second phone or a simple solution when you've got no cash but need to stay in touch with people somehow.

Mine seems to have a 3090 mAh battery, no idea why that is.

• Sayan Bhar

when Nokia 1 get Android Pie update ???

• Hassan.ilyas

Steve White, 13 May 2019This has been my primary phone for most of a year. I haven't fo... moreAdding further 2.points only..

" A better phone would have the same screen size and smaller dimensions. This phone could easliy be made 1.5 cm shorter a half cm slimmer, and a couple mm thinner "
2.GB RAM with improved Battery is essential..

• Theo S

Jim, 21 May 2019what's the battery life like?So far getting 7hrs+ from browsing, videos etc. I can't complain.😁

Crazy mobile.

• Jim

Theo S, 19 May 2019I bought one on Wednesday 15 May. Gotta say I'm loving this phon... morewhat's the battery life like?

• Theo S

Steve White, 13 May 2019This has been my primary phone for most of a year. I haven't fo... moreI bought one on Wednesday 15 May. Gotta say I'm loving this phone. I know what it can and can't do. Huge respect for Nokia getting their act together again. Lots of work ahead but you will make it.

Terrible disappointing battery sucks sd card doesn't read and heats up

This has been my primary phone for most of a year. I haven't found a suitable replacement.

Best features:
Battery -- charges fast, lasts more than a day, with WIFI and Bluetooth active. Tough-- it's been dropped many times now, with no resulting damage. I bought it for the reasonable screen size and the LTE... I don't want anything bigger than this in my pocket. The OS wasn't loaded with bloatware, and is to this day regularly updated.

Worst features: Screen rather dim, difficult to read at all in daylight. (Typical of cheaper phones). Lousy sensors -- accelerometer is useless, no compass at all.
OS problems: The ambient light sensor only succeeds in dimming the screen, which it also does in full sunlight. The Google Search widget can't be removed from the first page, near as I can tell.

A better phone would have the same screen size and smaller dimensions. This phone could easliy be made 1.5 cm shorter a half cm slimmer, and a couple mm thinner.

• Sayan

zee, 09 May 2019the worst mobile phone ever available in the market. its waste o... moreI am using as a primary phone and it pretty good for me as i d'ont play games on my phone.

• zee

the worst mobile phone ever available in the market. its waste of money and time. please don't even think to consider as backup mobile.