Nokia 5233

Nokia 5233

• Rajesh

Help Karo Guys., 18 Aug 2010Hi guys, M plning to buy N 5233 in next 2 days,pl.suggest me is... moreDude don't buy nokia 5233 it dosent have 3g and has small network problems you can buy nokia 5230 instead

• 777

5233 is the best than x3

hack, 19 Aug 2010which app to use to watch flv or avi files. phones not hacked. .... moreFlv files can be played. Just click on it. Flash player will open automatically.
Regarding certificates under settings-app manager-inst settings set s/w installation to 'all' and online certificate check to 'off'. Maybe now installation will happen. Try it.

• sun

5233 users dont get angry unecessary what side winder says is corrrect i used 5800 cam poor now im using e63 it hangs screen is small music is ok ,,i tried for 5233 yday its good inthis price if you have money buy good headphones for or else mail us

• atif

very nice.all great features in this cell.very user friendly.nice cell.good battery timing.nice touch.go for it.

• hack

which app to use to watch flv or avi files. phones not hacked. .. ??? can't install smartmovie, it says cert. expired ..

hack, 19 Aug 2010how did u hack this phone, pls tell.Im not a hacker, but a normal user.

• hack

animation does not work for me, pls tell what to do .. ??

• hack

Anonymous, 19 Aug 2010For normal user the earphone provided ny nokia in 5233 retail pa... morehow did u hack this phone, pls tell.

For normal user the earphone provided ny nokia in 5233 retail package is more than enough. There is no noise and there is clarity.
Speakerfone is loud enough if you want to listen in the silent enviroment of your house. If you want to listen in train or noisy places i bet you wont use speakerphone but earphone in any case.
Web browser is very good. Better than most other nokia phones. Good phone for web browsing using edge connection.
Touch sensitivity is very good after recent firmware update over the air.
Durable. Its fallen many times but still working.
No serious bugs.
Runs s60v5 apps. Available throughout the internet.
Specially camera is too good for 2mp.

• nokia 5233 user

SidewindeR, 19 Aug 2010Ok in that case poin out one OEM earphone whether it be from Nok... moreSidewindeR, you are actually a Nokia employee set for this forum. You will never ever tell the drawbacks this phone has to the members of this forum.
I have personally used nokia 5233 & know what is negative in the phone & would be glad to tell anyone who wishes to buy/select this set.

• Slyde

SidewindeR, 19 Aug 2010Yes Amalinda... 5230 would be the better choice for Skyping. It ... moreHey SidewindeR, I think this *nokia 5233 user* is so stubborn. Persistently sticking to his/her thought that are arguably wrong. I my self uses affordable earphone such as Philips SHE9550/9551 and creative EP630 and their good and it is my choice to use that and not the crappy earphone included in the package.

• Amalinda Gamage

Thank you a lot for the feed back sidewinder.

1. Also can you let me know whats the normal EDGE speed supportable with 5233?
2. is EDGE the fastest connection 5233 can have?

( For Skype-to-Skype voice calls they recommend: 10 Kbits to 64 Kbits speed. For Skype-to-Skype video (both normal and high quality) they recommend: 384 kbps. SO do you think 5233 fulfills these?

• SidewindeR

Amalinda Gamage, 18 Aug 2010is there any one using Skype on Nokia 5233? please let me know a... moreYes Amalinda... 5230 would be the better choice for Skyping. It has 3G so the voice quality will be better. 5233 though it lacks 3G can do VoIP but barely. I've tried voice chattin on Gtalk using fring. With good EDGE connectivity I've done so but 3G is far more superior and better with good bandwidth and minimal latency.

• SidewindeR

nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010I as a businessman would call this transaction as CHEAT where I'... moreOk in that case poin out one OEM earphone whether it be from Nokia or SE that is better in audio quality than my she9800. And also tell me if any of the memory cards that come bundled with the phone is better than my Transcend 8GB class 6 micro SDcard. This is what I mean by freedom of choic i.e., I have the choice to buy the best accessory for my mobile which suits my needs and my price tag. This way I can get the best out of it rather than be content with the below par accessories that comes with the retail package. As noypi said if you wan better accessories in the package, you had the freedom to opt either 5235 or the 5800. But I don't think the earphones that come with those can match up with the gsound and built quality of philips, sennheisers or creatives.
This is what walkman phones are all about. The package looks full and nice with all the accessories but what you dont realize is that they rip you off and over charge you for an accessory that can be bought for at a lower price from other brands.
In addition, not all the people buy 5233 for it's music capability. So for a person that doesn't care much about music, it is a waste to pay huge for a pair of earphones that they are not much concerned about. What nokia has implemented is a very good strategy which drastically brougyht down the price of their touch screen handsets and diversified it's product range to cater to customers of ever sehment.

• noypi

nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010I as a businessman would call this transaction as CHEAT where I'... morenokia actually have your business strategy thus they have the 5235. Sidewinder is correct in saying freedom of choice. wexcan choose 5230, 5233, 5235 depending on what we need.

how is the quality of earphones that comes bundled with it...i have a transcend mp3 player..is it comparable with the earphone of transcend...?

Dear Nokia Lover
yes of course!! you can use upto 16GB micro SD card and play movies.. what do you think it had a 3.2" screen for? :D :D :D

• Amalinda

Can we use Skype on 5233 and take good quality audio calls?

• Nokia Lover

is it possible to watch full length movies with this phone? does anybody facing any issues in using 16Gb SD card in this phone?