Nokia 5233

Nokia 5233

• Amalinda Gamage

is there any one using Skype on Nokia 5233? please let me know about the call quality.. As nokia 5233 has only GPRS , is the GPRS connection fast enough to get good quality on Skype calls? videos calls are not possible, though it is possible with 5230 right?
im just making it difficult to figure if i am going to buy nokia 5233 or nokia 5320.
5233 has a wide screen so can watch movies and stuff..
but 5320 has an HSDPA with 3.2Mbps and ae 3G cam too..
ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Amalinda Gamage

• nokia 5233 user

SidewindeR, 18 Aug 2010Mate... it's called 'Freedom of choice'. Why should you pay extr... moreI as a businessman would call this transaction as CHEAT where I'm paying company the price its asking & in return I gotta spend thousands of rupees more to get the desired results from a phone.
You purchased PHILIPS SHE 9800 (means you spend another Rs.2000/-) for this phone & has been suggesting almost everyone to buy a good headset to get proper audio from phone & now you are telling me that there is no need to spend extra on accessory I don't need... ?? The headset which is in box is worth a SHIT. How do you have one & no other person has it, obviously you paid extra bucks to get it...
Had NOKIA provided a memory card + good quality headset inside this box,I'd have willfully & gladly paid Rs.1000 - Rs.2000 extra for this set. Now they provide shit headset & I need to spend another thousand rupees to get a better audio from phone is unfair & cheating.What purpose are these headsets coming inside box for then ..??? They may not have included it..
NOKIA - " We sell SHIT headsets with NOKIA 5233,so sorry customers, please go to the market again & spend Rs.2000 extra over this phone to understand what proper audio/music is for this set.... "...

• SidewindeR

noypi, 18 Aug 2010Guys, just a heds-up. I think walkman goes to the trouble of usi... moreMe too thinks so... but why 5230/33? Oh well, I'm starting to ignore his comments. I do hope others will do the same as well rather than starting a fight here.

• SidewindeR

Sbdevilmind, 18 Aug 2010Hi. My firmware version is 12 and the latest available is 21. I ... moreYes mate.. it's better you upgrade to v21. I too faced a similar situation with my v12 update especially when the music library is very larg (300+ files). Some of the files toward the end won't be displayed. But all has been tweaked and sorted out with the V21 update. No all the files (650+) in my music library are displayed without any sort of trouble.

• SidewindeR

nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010In short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with co... moreMate... it's called 'Freedom of choice'. Why should you pay extra for an accessory you don't need. My philips she9800 is way better than any nokia or SE oem headsets. So why should I bother paying for high end earphones when i already have one or doesn't actually need one. That's how you bring the prices down and at the same time satisfy the customers. You see though they have cut down on the accessories to bring down the price, they have not made any compromises on the hardware side. You get the same display, processor and RAM as the 5800 but at half the price. And it's a smart phone that does multitasking and supports almost evey app that is made for 5800. Think about it...

• Help Karo Guys.

Hi guys,
M plning to buy N 5233 in next 2 days,pl.suggest me is it worth buying or not,as I hve heard that it has got some problems E.g (Hanging & Restrted,Landscape working problem),Pl. suggest,looking for any one comment.

• khanhanu

confused between nokia 5233 n nokia x3... pple any suggestions....hesitant 2 use a touch screen as pple tell dis wont be working after few months...nokia x3 is superb but it dosent offers dat many features wen compared 2 5233 ..just hesitant if gets spoiled after few months.. coz me being a teenager...will be using d phone a lot...i may lyk 2 even add dat i hav already used n lost w580 n w595...

• khanhanu

confused between nokia 5233 n nokia x3... pple any suggestions....hesitant 2 use a touch screen as pple tell dis wont be working after few months...nokia x3 is superb but no facebook application....nokia 5233 is even gud..just hesitant if gets spoiled after few months.. coz me being a teenager...will be using d phone a lot...i may lyk 2 even add dat i hav already used n lost w580 n w595...

• Help. Karo Guys.

Hi guys,
M plning to buy N 5233 in next 2 days,pl.suggest me is it worth buying or not,a si hve heard that it has got some problems E.g (Hanging & Restrted,Landscape working problem),Pl. suggest,looking for any one comment about the phone.

• noypi

Guys, just a heds-up. I think walkman goes to the trouble of using different IPs to post and bash in the 5230/5233 boards.

I don't know what's with that guy but I think something is wrong with him upstairs.

anyway, yes, not all people have the same needs for a phone so 5233 can be the best phone for a person whose needs are met by it.

• Jazib

hasoo, 17 Aug 2010Another question i like to ask is: Can it saves SMS messages in ... moreYes

• aki

really nice.in this price tag what u expect?5mp camera?or what?just see its price! 5233 is best cell in this price range,very nice features and really cool.its so nice.go for it.nice nokia.

• sbdevilmind

de, 18 Aug 2010very bad set specially for 2mp. camera............................. moreHey, first i didn't ask you. Second, this phone has the best 2mp camera in the market. Third, sidewinder is the one i trust.

• de

sbdevilmind, 17 Aug 2010Hi bro. I bought my mobile yesterday. It's touch sensitivity is ... morevery bad set specially for 2mp. camera..........................................­.........

• Sbdevilmind

SidewindeR, 17 Aug 2010I'm glad you liked your new phone. The way this phone performs d... moreHi. My firmware version is 12 and the latest available is 21. I have already downloaded the latest version through the mobile. Its around 7 mb. The problem that i am facing is that the music library doesn't display all the tracks. That is, the songs starting with letter N and above are not displaying. Although i can select a song by blindly pressing somewhere in the screen but i just don't know where exactly i have hit. So will my updating to the latest firmware solve my problem or does the latest firmware have some problem of its own.

• Jamie

nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010In short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with co... moreThat's the way it is. It is business strategy. You'd rather buy the Nokia x6 then you'll be happy unboxing it. That is why Nokia leads all the way. Got that!

• noypi

nokia 5233 user, 18 Aug 2010In short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with co... morethere is a package that fits your description. Only it is called 5235 and more than 1K more expensive. :)

• nokia 5233 user

SidewindeR, 17 Aug 2010Hi mate, I see you having some problems with your 5233. 1) I h... moreIn short, The nokia 5233 phone box should come in market with complete satisfaction to customer and not like this way where a customer spends thousands of Rupees on earphones & memory card to get desired results from a phone. This is very cheap way of selling things in the market, I'd say UNFAIR practice from NOKIA. Had the audio feature good in this phone, I do not think there can be any better phone today (in this price range)than this in the market. But to make that happen spend few more thousands of rupees to get it is really unfair.

Anonymous, 18 Aug 2010BUMP: I purchased this phone yesterday, it's great, but have an... morefriend, radio works fine with original headset provided inside the package. Probably you will have to execute latest firmware update over the air - s/w version v 21.1.004 - to correct the prob. Execute and tell us.

BUMP:
I purchased this phone yesterday, it's great, but have anyone noticed that you can't use the speakerphone in FM Mode, I used standard headphones and then went to activate the speaker but the sound was still there on the headphones, is this normal?? I have not tried with the original headset.