Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

• naske48

how did you guys installed the latest firmware?the v30?

• Remon

kabir, 25 Aug 2009remon if youm like touch mobile with good screen 5800 is good!... morePlease read my reply to Pif, I'm looking for Music and Media, but I guess there's problems with 5800XM screen.

Thanks for your help.

• Remon

Pif, 25 Aug 2009Depends what you want from your phone. If you are into mulimedia... moreWell, I'm much interested in Music and Multimedia, and photographing .. but the main point is that I heard the 5800XM have many problems with its screen and the creeping noise on the left corner in addition to its flickering screen.

Also I read some comments about E71 and most of them agreed that the software hangs after calls ..

So, what do you recommend me ?

• Irfan Kk

Navie, 25 Aug 2009Hey People. I bought my 5800 just two weeks back and i notice th... moreYea man mine is also creating cracking sound on left side on the screen but very low sound only hear when phone closes to ear for nearly 1 inch.

• xm1017

kal-el, 25 Aug 2009I have my unit repaired, and according to the rep from nokia car... moreu said you had your phone repaired , whats the problem of the phone ? screen or what ? what can u say about the phone is it great or it hangs alot and alot of problem, have you encounter screen problem ? cause im planning to buy and i want it to have v30 already so i dont have to update it myself !

• kal-el

xm1017, 25 Aug 2009Is firmware v30 available in the philippines now ? does all 5800... moreI have my unit repaired, and according to the rep from nokia care, they have upgraded the fw of my phone. But it still v21. I believe there's no V30 yet here in the Philippines :(

• xm1017

Is firmware v30 available in the philippines now ? does all 5800xm have screen problem " screen flickers"? is that a software or hardware problem?

• Sonnief

leo, 25 Aug 2009What about the camera of this phone? Is it good or no? And abou... moreThe camera is a so so ... in the bright daylight it is quite good, but for the indoor use, it sucks - very grainy ! The new Sony Ericssons surely got far better result for the camera section. The built in GPS is good, and if you use a Garmin XT installed, it is SUPERB.

• kabir

if youm like touch mobile with good screen 5800 is good!
but if you like mobile for business and performance with very very good keyboarad it's better too choose e71!

• Zaheer

helloo...i bought NOKIA 5800 abt 2weeks ago...it often hangs up...n d battery has to b removed n restarted then...also d phone gets heated up often when i use wifi...plss...help...wat cud d matter be...does anyone else encounter dis same problem??..i hav already updated it to v30...plzz help..thaaaknx!!

• leo

What about the camera of this phone? Is it good or no?
And about GPS, what maps are installed in the phone, and can I find somewere free maps not trial version?

Navie, 25 Aug 2009Hey People. I bought my 5800 just two weeks back and i notice th... moreMine 5800 also makes creeping noise on lower left corner. Is this screen defect...

Hey guys, I'm planning on buying this phone for my mom. She had to give me her e65 because she's recently needed reading glasses so she's currently using a pretty crappy phone just because of it's big font display. I checked out this phone in stores for her and the font seems big enough for her to see without her glasses. I'm in vacationing in Dubai for 2 more days and want to get her this phone as a gift, I found a few stores around here that sell it for $300 US unlocked, good deal? Also how responsive is the touchscreen, and is the interface easy enough for her to use? Answers are appreciated, thanks.

• Pif

Remon, 25 Aug 2009Hi all, Actually I'm about to buy 5800XM this week, but I'm s... moreDepends what you want from your phone. If you are into mulimedia especialy music then definetly 5800. If you need it as buisnis phone then e71.

Chose carefull

Cheere

Hi all,

Actually I'm about to buy 5800XM this week, but I'm still hesitating as I saw many complains about flickering screen, so I'm thinking of buying E71 instead ..

I need your opinions PLZ !!

• Navie

Hey People. I bought my 5800 just two weeks back and i notice that when the screen is pressed it makes a very low creaking noise.... this happens especially on the left side of the screen. Has anyone experienced the same problem or is it just with mine ?? If its a problem with my phone..i can take it to the Nokia care people. Please respond. Your response is appreciated.....Thank You

• samsudeen, pondy

can i hear internet radio in this 5800XM

• samsudeen,pondy

Bugrito, 25 Aug 2009Don't buy it yet, Nokia will announce new phones on September 2is anything upgraded r added apart from navigater?

• watchamacallit

Guys, Just to correct the Firmware Versions for the 5800..

Its v30, not 3.0.. (maybe for Iphone but not 5800)
Its v21, not 2.1..

This is just to remove confusions from users and readers..

Zuco, 25 Aug 2009Guys if i hack my phone will i be able to update the phone after... moreThere is no problem in updating when you hack your phone, only you are counterfeiting your warranty, especially if its new..