Nokia 6630

Nokia 6630

• claReNcE

i bought it recently and i used it, it's not as great as it was advertised. somehow i still find that 6680 is much better? the 6630 camera of mine dosen't even looks clear compare to my friend's 7610

• robpe

Beware whilst some seem happy with 6630 I had severe network probs & losing network signal somehow due to it dithering between 3G & GSM. The Nokia shop said can't switch off 3G so in the end I had to swop the 6630 for a 3230 & now no network signal problem with that.
So it's a lottery. If you buy a 6630 you risk this problem for which it seems there is no cure.
I don't really see a need for 3G anyway.

Andy,

Thanks for your reply! In the 4 months that you had the phone any problems with it? Signal, resets, crashes or errors, etc? I am will pay around 400 euros on the phone so I wanna be sure. Thanks alot.

• AnDY

Spyder!
I bought nokia 6630 4 months ago and i can say that is the best phone ever nokia made.You shoyld buy it!

• Spyder

GUYS!! Please help me out, I wanted to buy a Nokia 6630 so I first searched for reviews on the model, and now I'm not sure what to get... people complain alot about the Nokia 6630 (that it crashes, has a weak signal and so forth). I'm really not sure what to get, I am now thinking of going and buying a Nokia 7610 (it has great reviews everywhere). What do you guys suggest I do? go for the new 6630 or get the 7610???? Please reply. Thanks!

ADRIAN:

It all depends on what your looking for in your phone, the 6600 is and older model therefor is not as "up to date" as the 6630. The 6600 has a small VGA camera (640x480) it has an older version of symbian. It's up to you.

• Adrian..

Helo...
I wan get a new phone and i dunno whather wan buy Nokia 6600 or 6630...
And i heard tat 6630 signal is no so good.This make me so headache..
So can u give me some advise plzzz...Thx
Plz reply me..

• Spyder

GUYS!! Please help me out, I wanted to buy a Nokia 6630 so I first searched for reviews on the model, and now I'm not sure what to get... people complain alot about the Nokia 6630 (that it crashes, has a weak signal and so forth). I'm really not sure what to get, I am no thinking of going an buying a Nokia 7610 (it has great reviews everywhere). What do you guys suggest I do? go for the new 6630 or get the 7610???? Please reply. Thanks!

• Bob

The 6630 is Nokia's first 3G smartphone. It's Nokia's most powerful smartphone yet, built on the Series 60 Symbian operating system with a wealth of pre-installed and downloadable applications.There's a full range of connectivity options, including wireless Bluetooth support, both for headsets, car kits, and for all kinds of data transfer. You can synchronise your contacts remotely using Bluetooth or via a cable. The features go on and the phone is amazing. Just got mine for $40. If you want to know anymore about the phone e-mail me at Bobubankes25@hotmail.com Hope you enjoy!!
con: weird design

dohnzky
Checked with Nokia shop. They rang technical dept & can't switch off G3. Maybe becuase I'm with Vodaphone or maybe my version of software. Anyway it's not my problem now. I've got rid of the CRAP 6630.
I insisted the shop exchange the 6630 for a 3230 which fortunately is non 3G. So I think I'm better off now. I don't need 3G anyway. I've got a TV for that !
My 3230 shows loads of signal strength.

• dohnzky

ey men go to symbian-freak.com lotz guides how to turn off 3G in 6630...sorry dont rmember the code tat u need to type to disabled 3G protocol...u can find there the very usefull step by step guides...gud luck men :)

Thanks dohnzky
I tried 'settings', 'network' & there is no option with my software to turn off 3G :-(
I'm going to demand my money back. I miss half my calls due to loss of network coverage on this phone.
My advice to anyone thinking of buying a 6630 is.. DON'T

• dohnzky

hey men there is no 3.5mm earphne slot in any pop port nokia but if u want to use your normal earphone as an alterntive for listening music u hav to use popport to 3.5mm adapter ...

cheers :)

TO ROBPE:
I suggest u to install net monitor for 6630 and u have an option to force stop of 3G or GSM mode so it will not look for 3G signal but u will loose internet connection as far as i know...

• hen

does any1 else have this problem... Wen the phones goes on screen saver mode and there's unread messages, like an SMS, how come there's no indication that there is an unread message?

• zaahil

don't take nokia 6630 take samsung d500 it 1 hr video recording, 6hrs voice recording and mp3 player bluetooth and so much more

• orange

well,its really good,my dad uses one.
it has great features and it looks cool.

• robpe

Pin Head.. Fortunately the 6630 doea have an earphone socket. MP3 player is about all the 6630 is any good for. they Lose signal all the time as a mobile phone !

• pin head

does this phone have an earphone slot
??????????????????????????

does this phone have an mp3 player out put? as in an earfone slot???????